Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariaa17)
    That dress is SO NICE. Wheres it from
    Thank you , it's from ASOS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Haha funny because people who can't translate be like ...

Damn and I thought 9 inch was :gasp: .... :sigh: :laugh:

I could only translate part of that sentence ... damn my urdu skills

:wtf: is "raksha" :confused: My relatives who can't speak English fluently say to be stop speaking "angreshe"
    since you can't speak fluently in urdu. :backstab: Idk if that's like how you spell it basically it means "English". :dontknow:
    Raksha means protect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Haha funny because people who can't translate be like ...

Damn and I thought 9 inch was :gasp: .... :sigh: :laugh:

I could only translate part of that sentence ... damn my urdu skills

:wtf: is "raksha" :confused: My relatives who can't speak English fluently say to be stop speaking "angreshe"
    since you can't speak fluently in urdu. :backstab: Idk if that's like how you spell it basically it means "English". :dontknow:
    :rofl: I assume you know "chhathi" means "chest" though?

"Raksha" = "protect" in Hindi or the word in Urdu is "hifazat" I believe.

And it's spelt "Angrezi" :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Nice to see you as a fellow Asian are also doing STEM.
    80 % of Asians do STEM (random made up number) :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    80 % of Asians do STEM (random made up number) :rofl:
    More like 99.9%* tbh, any other subject and you're practically disowned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I love your hair:love: is it your natural hair?
    I wish, I've got extensions in :giggle: Thank you nonetheless!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    More like 99.9%* tbh, any other subject and you're practically disowned.
    my parents dont care that i wont be doing any STEM thank goodness :-)
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    my parents dont care that i wont be doing any STEM thank goodness :-)
    I always imagined you doing STEM, like you are smart and seem the type. What are your A Level options for next year?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I always imagined you doing STEM, like you are smart and seem the type. What are your A Level options for next year?
    History, geography, gov+politics and french (perhaps) :-)
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    History, geography, gov+politics and french (perhaps) :-)
    Oh great subjects! Wish I took History but at the time never thought about it, what career do you have in mind?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Oh great subjects! Wish I took History but at the time never thought about it, what career do you have in mind?
    tbh i dont know :-) anything non science of course. i dont mind doing maths related career like accountancy, as long as all you need is gcse maths skills xD
    what are you studying? and your ideal career?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    tbh i dont know :-) anything non science of course. i dont mind doing maths related career like accountancy, as long as all you need is gcse maths skills xD
    True, and make sure you build up experience first! I'm studying Media (hate it so much) English Literature and English Language. Planning a gap year after my A Levels next year and doing A Levels in Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Psychology. Ideally I'd like to do Biomedical science. I'm one of those cases where I experienced non STEM and decided STEM was for me.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    True, and make sure you build up experience first! I'm studying Media (hate it so much) English Literature and English Language. Planning a gap year after my A Levels next year and doing A Levels in Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Psychology. Ideally I'd like to do Biomedical science. I'm one of those cases where I experienced non STEM and decided STEM was for me.
    Needs more Maths
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    wait so you're currently doing those none stem but will be doing another set of A levels after ? you sound like such a hard working person! the only science i like is bio and chem but i heard chem is the hardest so that put me off it ( i know none of the a levels are going to be easy but im staying clear of ''hardest'' ones cos im just that unmotivated for a hard 2 years xD good luck with that! btw what is biomedical science like?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Needs more Maths
    Also forgot to say that Physics/Maths is another option but I really doubt it, like who does Maths at A Level?

ReputationRep:
    You'll need A level maths for in an accounting degree.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    wait so you're currently doing those none stem but will be doing another set of A levels after ? you sound like such a hard working person! the only science i like is bio and chem but i heard chem is the hardest so that put me off it ( i know none of the a levels are going to be easy but im staying clear of ''hardest'' ones cos im just that unmotivated for a hard 2 years xD good luck with that! btw what is biomedical science like?
    I'd like to think having a passion for my new A Levels will make it easier haha! It's hard work but to be honest, I'm already self teaching myself A Levels, teachers can only do so much and yep I'm going to be an external candidate for those exams, people would think I'm silly but honestly if you have a dream, chase it! Chemistry I found was easy at GCSE, Biology too but Physics was just bad. And goo luck to you too, thanks! Biomedical science involves some human dissection, researching diseases/cures and really experimenting with science in terms of humans if that makes sense?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    You'll need A level maths for in an accounting degree.
    i've read somewhere you dont have to because there's ''a level'' maths in the accounting course anyways but less rigorous.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'd like to think having a passion for my new A Levels will make it easier haha! It's hard work but to be honest, I'm already self teaching myself A Levels, teachers can only do so much and yep I'm going to be an external candidate for those exams, people would think I'm silly but honestly if you have a dream, chase it! Chemistry I found was easy at GCSE, Biology too but Physics was just bad. And goo luck to you too, thanks! Biomedical science involves some human dissection, researching diseases/cures and really experimenting with science in terms of humans if that makes sense?
    i agree! i just did my physics 3 yesterday and honestly couldnt do a lot, i even had stomach cramps too so for half the time i was holding my stomach :s
    that sounds amazing! tbh i actually like the sound of that career, i guess the fact thats it's revelant to everyday life that makes me find it interesting but still, i dont think i can do chem at a level :P

ReputationRep:
    i've read somewhere you dont have to because there's ''a level'' maths in the accounting course anyways but less rigorous.
    That's what I meant.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.