• TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kipikachuko88)
    Hi everyone, I just have a quick question regarding the assignment. We have a micro teaching next week back in uni and we have to submit all the scheme of work, lesson plans, resources, etc. I can see some very useful resources on the TES forum and I was thinking to use some of the ideas there.. do you think this will be considered as plagiarism?
    Thanks!
    We were allowed to but it's one of those things thats uni specific. Just check in with your tutors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    There's no reason you can't say that to him that you won't be going straight home because you want to go shopping or whatever - I think that the passenger should work around you as the driver
    I would definitely agree with this. I'm lucky this placement I don't need to worry about a passenger, I'd rather not have the hassle... I go in earlier and can leave later if need be, without having to accommodate anyone else. Personally with sciences, I do feel I need more time to do prep - practicals run throughs etc..

I totally understand the stress aspect, well in as much as, the time driving can be a stress reliever... Time to chill without having to make idle chat chat, which may be a distraction if you want to work out some things, in your head, on the drive in.

Our uni places drivers further, and non drivers within a reasonable public transport commute. I doubt I'd want the hassle of ferrying someone to and fro, particularly if it added to my travel time.

Maybe suggest they make their own way back a few afternoons, as you want to stay in school a bit. Alternatively you may want to head in earlier, which may not suit them.

When push comes to shove, don't compromise your experience by overly accommodating a passenger... Well IMO anyway.

ReputationRep:
    You've made it to half term! Congratulations, the PGCE is hard and exhausting(and exciting as you already found out!), so the most important target(before anything else) in your PGCE is to survive.You cannot cope if you are planning detailed lesson plans until midnight every day( those countless nights creating card sorts that were never used).Your well-being is the most important, I learned that the hard way.

You are all doing great, keep up the good stuff!

ReputationRep:
    How many Teacher Standards are there?

I am trying to sort out my teaching file...........
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xjay1234)
    How many Teacher Standards are there?

I am trying to sort out my teaching file...........

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Red Lightning! (I tried to quote but apparently my phone can't cope with that)

This thread certainly seems quieter than last years. Not sure if that's a good ot bad sign?! I feel like I haven't been able to do much yet, as my school wanted me strictly observing/helping in a TA type way until after half term and then I'll be building up to 9 lessons a week over 2-3 weeks. In some ways it's nice but in others I'd like to get stuck straight in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magic_box)
    Thanks Red Lightning! (I tried to quote but apparently my phone can't cope with that)

This thread certainly seems quieter than last years. Not sure if that's a good ot bad sign?! I feel like I haven't been able to do much yet, as my school wanted me strictly observing/helping in a TA type way until after half term and then I'll be building up to 9 lessons a week over 2-3 weeks. In some ways it's nice but in others I'd like to get stuck straight in!
    To be honest, its your first placement. You will have less time observing in your second placement(even less in your NQT year), so enjoy it while you still can!

ReputationRep:
    If we can't (or don't want to) get a job after PGCE do we have to repay the bursary? Hopefully i enjoy it (which i am, really enjoying actually) and secure a job, but what if forever reason we don't?

ReputationRep:
    It feels like this half term has gone both slowly and quickly! In so many ways I'm excited for the next section, but right now I'm loving having a bit of time to myself (although I am dedicating a little time each day to teaching-related things, such as my PGCE assignment and my evidence folders). Actually managed to read a book today!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

If you can still remember...did you need to bring your birth certificate to a PGCE interview? I'm only asking as mine is not in English and I will have to have it translated. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S27)
    If we can't (or don't want to) get a job after PGCE do we have to repay the bursary? Hopefully i enjoy it (which i am, really enjoying actually) and secure a job, but what if forever reason we don't?
    Note, the bursary is yours and the only condition is completing the study.

Some unis get you to sign a form at the start saying you intend to go in to teaching but I can't see that there's anything they can do if you change your mind. My friend got a different job and has had no issues.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    Note, the bursary is yours and the only condition is completing the study.

Some unis get you to sign a form at the start saying you intend to go in to teaching but I can't see that there's anything they can do if you change your mind. My friend got a different job and has had no issues.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, i had to sign and that is why i am a little worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S27)
    Thanks, i had to sign and that is why i am a little worried.
    That is a uni requirement not a government requirement on the bursary. I think you'd be fine anyway as you do intend on getting a job... Circumstances are allowed to change and they can't expect every single person to go in to teaching when the course is for many their first experience.

My friend had to sign a form BTW, the one who decided to go down a different route afterwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    That is a uni requirement not a government requirement on the bursary. I think you'd be fine anyway as you do intend on getting a job... Circumstances are allowed to change and they can't expect every single person to go in to teaching when the course is for many their first experience.

My friend had to sign a form BTW, the one who decided to go down a different route afterwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Part of it for me is i do intend to teach however i may go a haitus after completing a PGCE or do a masters and not teach straight away.

ReputationRep:
    If I removed a student from my class, as a PGCE trainee, or a fully qualified teacher would I still be in the teaching profession?

Yes or no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXK1eiY4FGc
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xjay1234)
    If I removed a student from my class, as a PGCE trainee, or a fully qualified teacher would I still be in the teaching profession?

Yes or no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXK1eiY4FGc
    If you mean physically remove, that's a big no-no. But asking a pupil to stand outside, or if particularly annoying to get out, is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Only 8 standards! I heard a rumour about that but thought it was just a rumour. I only graduated a couple of years ago but there were 32. Of which many were divided into 2 to 4 subsections. Took forever to find a piece of evidence to support each of those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sportycb)
    Only 8 standards! I heard a rumour about that but thought it was just a rumour. I only graduated a couple of years ago but there were 32. Of which many were divided into 2 to 4 subsections. Took forever to find a piece of evidence to support each of those.
    I think it's the same 2012 standards. There are 8 Standards + professional conduct but each subdivided into sections so you're right, overall it's over 30 (a lot of plastic pockets in my empty folder).

Some of them, like positive relationship etc I have no clue how those can be evidenced.

ReputationRep:
    For things like positive relationships, see if there are any comments your mentor makes during an observation - if there's a comment about good atmosphere, professional relationship I would interpret those as contributing to a positive relationship - photocopy the observation record and highlight the comments made

ReputationRep:
    What do people mean when they say "support for learning"?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.