Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    Pats fans have had so many ridiculous calls in their favour over the years. Tommy isn't very terrific any more. Now you know how Man U feel without Fergie
    Tom Brady was fine? :lol:

Even with Tommy being "crappy" yet we could be 9-1 :rolleyes:

Mike Smith has to be fired...

ReputationRep:
    Holy ****. Cry me a river. Every team gets screwed over once in a while by a ****ty call. The Pats are still going to stroll casually into playoffs.

ReputationRep:
    Lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Happy anniversary guys!

http://img.pandawhale.com/61024-Mark...e-gif-xDAf.gif

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:

Have you seen what he's done to his hair?

ReputationRep:
    Sean Paul is that you?

ReputationRep:
    That picture is the Jets summed up perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    So who should win the Heisman? Not Manziel, not Marietta won't be Winston whilst this rape case is going on...

AJ McCarron for Heisman!

Also Florida Gators just lol :rofl:

Georgia Southern's triple-option offense rushed for 429 yards and outgained Florida 429-279 overall. (If you've noticed that those figures add up to zero passing yards, that's correct. The Eagles went 0-for-3 in the air.)

ReputationRep:
    Whelp, it's that time again to return to training. I'm excited, but it looks miserable out there :P

Any other BAFL players ITT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Egg Militia)
    Whelp, it's that time again to return to training. I'm excited, but it looks miserable out there :P

Cold time of the year is the best.

ReputationRep:

I've been playing for my uni team this year, KCL Regents. I think we're in the BUAFL, is that the same thing?

ReputationRep:
    American football is probably one of the things I'm most looking forward to uni for.

If Rodgers could get healthy some time soon, that would be great. For the sake of GB's playoff hopes and my fantasy team.

Playing Keenum is risky now that Kubiak is back and will try to redeem Schaub to the fans any chance he can get.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    I've been playing for my uni team this year, KCL Regents. I think we're in the BUAFL, is that the same thing?
    Even though I'm at university, I do not play for a university team (our uni doesn't have one) so my understanding isn't the best, but I think the seasons are opposites (BAFL games are played April through August regular season, I think 'uniball' is played mainly in the winter). It is possible for players to participate in both.

Obviously, you don't need to be a university student to join a BAFL team, so the players are often older but wouldn't have a sports fund like a university team may have.

As far as I'm aware, you'd never get a BAFL team playing a BUAFL team, but I suppose a friendly scrimmage may happen at some point.

We play 5 games at home, 5 games away each year.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I don't think I'll be playing BUAFL next year, i weigh like 60kg Kicker here I come

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe the jets vs ravens game is televised -_-

ReputationRep:
    Not a whole lot going on with the early games, best alternatives would be Steelers/Browns and Chargers/Chiefs. Flacco vs Geno is a pretty ugly matchup.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chargers vs Chiefs is the one I would like to see. I suspect tampa vs detroit will be a close game too.

ReputationRep:
    Even though I'm at university, I do not play for a university team (our uni doesn't have one) so my understanding isn't the best, but I think the seasons are opposites (BAFL games are played April through August regular season, I think 'uniball' is played mainly in the winter). It is possible for players to participate in both.

Obviously, you don't need to be a university student to join a BAFL team, so the players are often older but wouldn't have a sports fund like a university team may have.

As far as I'm aware, you'd never get a BAFL team playing a BUAFL team, but I suppose a friendly scrimmage may happen at some point.

We play 5 games at home, 5 games away each year.
    Yep, spot on there mate. You can be a student and join a BAFA team but you absolutely have to be a student to join a BUAFL team (obviously). We had a few players who stayed on to do a Masters with the main purpose of being able to have one more year in the team. Really quite sad actually.

The only annoying thing about uniball being played in the winter is that, quite often, a lot of the pitches can't handle the weather and the games are often cancelled. One year, we only had 6 games out of a possible 10. It's also horrible being a cornerback and not being able to feel your hands :lol:

We had a friendly game against the Crewe Railroaders when I was at uni. Most of them were 40+ and I think they were rejoining the league after nearly a decade out. Or something like that anyway. They actually gave us a really good game and we only just managed to scrape the win :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Yep, spot on there mate. You can be a student and join a BAFA team but you absolutely have to be a student to join a BUAFL team (obviously). We had a few players who stayed on to do a Masters with the main purpose of being able to have one more year in the team. Really quite sad actually.

The only annoying thing about uniball being played in the winter is that, quite often, a lot of the pitches can't handle the weather and the games are often cancelled. One year, we only had 6 games out of a possible 10. It's also horrible being a cornerback and not being able to feel your hands :lol:

We had a friendly game against the Crewe Railroaders when I was at uni. Most of them were 40+ and I think they were rejoining the league after nearly a decade out. Or something like that anyway. They actually gave us a really good game and we only just managed to scrape the win :dontknow:
    Fellow DB checking in :five:

Yeah training in the winter can be ****ty too. The less dedicated players wont show up when there's snow/heavy rain. Got some awesome schutt receiver gloves that keep my fingers from freezing up :P had them since '09.

As for gamedays... They can be incredibly harsh when the sun is scorching. I spent a lot of this summer burning to a crisp and getting a lobster tan. Throw in a helmet and shoulder pads and you are literally drowning in your own sweat. Then there was a game that I showed up to hungover -_- Never again. Strangely though, that was my best game.

When I played for Redditch, we had a 50 year old DB, and once played against a 60 year old O-lineman.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Philips Rivers. If you were actually given some real weapons to work with, the damage you could cause :getmecoat:
    A chargers fan but, he deserves a franchise that's actually ambitious and wants the SB, not one that's just dead cheap.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.