Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Feefifofum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Am I the only one that thinks the Daleks are just totally outdated now? The teletubby redesign really did nothing to convince me that they could possibly be scary. I fully support the idea of the new series referring to and drawing heavily on the old series, but some things have to be let go...
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Getting rid of the Doctor's greatest nemesis? Yeah, that'll work.
Feefifofum
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There's a difference between getting rid of them and not wheeling them out once per series - it's become a hackneyed cliche now, which it shouldn't be, because they weren't a cliche in the old series. It would be more faithful to the originals to have them appear only occasionally, so that at least it wouldn't be quite so predictable.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Pretty terrible greatest nemesis when he beats them every time without breaking stride :dontknow:

I really don't see how they were meant to defeat the time lords in the time war ad they come across as a moronic race with absolutely no 'powers' beyond an invulnerable-ish shell.
alnov
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
anyone know when the next series is starting?
Feefifofum
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Autumn is the most precise info we've been given, as far as I know...
Dalek1099
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by alnov)
anyone know when the next series is starting?
I think it might start November but nothing official apart from Autumn.I'm hoping there won't be a split series because 6 this year and 8 next year is all we know-all 14 could still air back to back.Can't wait till Autumn New Primeval,New Merlin and New Doctor Who!!!
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
Pretty terrible greatest nemesis when he beats them every time without breaking stride :dontknow:

I really don't see how they were meant to defeat the time lords in the time war ad they come across as a moronic race with absolutely no 'powers' beyond an invulnerable-ish shell.
They killed his entire race and he has barely made a dent in theirs. They're still sort of on top.
Dalek1099
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
They killed his entire race and he has barely made a dent in theirs. They're still sort of on top.
The Doctor killed the time lords not the daleks and the time lords were on the top of the time war and were looking like they were going to win but the doctor killed them all because they were trying to destroy the universe as well as the daleks.
Chickenmaster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dalek1099)
I think it might start November but nothing official apart from Autumn.I'm hoping there won't be a split series because 6 this year and 8 next year is all we know-all 14 could still air back to back.Can't wait till Autumn New Primeval,New Merlin and New Doctor Who!!!
How exactly are the BBC going to fit both Doctor Who and Merlin on alongside the likes of Strictly and whatever game show tosh they stick on at 6 in a desperate attempt to make sure Don't Scare The Hare is no longer the worst piece of tosh they've ever produced?
Dalek1099
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Chickenmaster)
How exactly are the BBC going to fit both Doctor Who and Merlin on alongside the likes of Strictly and whatever game show tosh they stick on at 6 in a desperate attempt to make sure Don't Scare The Hare is no longer the worst piece of tosh they've ever produced?
They will probably have Merlin,early September and Doctor Who,late November.They fit in both Doctor Who and Merlin into Autumn last year,with Doctor Who 1st though but with the very late filming of Doctor Who they will probably start showing Doctor Who in November so that it can run continuously into 2013.
Dalek1099
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone seen this article,there are going to be more physical daleks on set than ever before,which can only be a good thing and the article tells you that some of Episode 1,in which the daleks are going to appear in was filmed in Spain,as joint shooting with Episode 3.I really can't wait fore what will be the best Doctor Who opening episode ever,shame it isn't a two parter though because it seems like it might be too rushed,with all the daleks known to man appearing all at once.
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I can tell that you really like Daleks.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
All the Dalek forms will be appearing, but most will be dead. I think it's set in the graveyard of Skaro.
cambo211
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Daleks bore me.
PoGo HoPz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
I can tell that you really like Daleks.
Who doesn't?
Paul McCartney
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
^^ Pretty much. I find the whole Dalek storyline to be a bit dull, tbh :erm:
InsaneFandom
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ahh tough poll :/
Went with series 2, can't beat Piper&Tennant imo
Dalek1099
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
Amy and Rory's relationship is going to collapse
Supermassive_muse_fan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Where is the Easter Special of Doctor Who I thought it was on today. My Easter has been ruined. RUINED!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (284)
37.67%
No - but I will (53)
7.03%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.29%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (362)
48.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise