Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Just like right_angle, jennywenny and Pinkberry_y, then
    PRSOM
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Sigh, well I hope jtran proves to the house what they can contribute like they already are inside the Labour sub
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    I'm not normally someone to come out and say this, but JTran has been awesome in the Labour sub so far, one of the most exciting newbies in a long time.
    You mean like everybody else who can do nothing but vote and yet are super special mega awesome?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You mean like everybody else who can do nothing but vote and yet are super special mega awesome?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jtran I am sure will be a member who contributes to the house. They've talked more in our sub than some older, respected members do already, and didn't want to proxy George at all, fearing it would harm their chances of becoming a full MP.

I think Jtran is one of the best new members I've seen in a while, and I hope they stay, and contribute
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Jtran I am sure will be a member who contributes to the house. They've talked more in our sub than some older, respected members do already, and didn't want to proxy George at all, fearing it would harm their chances of becoming a full MP.

I think Jtran is one of the best new members I've seen in a while, and I hope they stay, and contribute
    What is this obsession with people being praised for only preaching to the choir in a debating club, what next, praising people for being able yo say "aye" or "nay"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    What is this obsession with people being praised for only preaching to the choir in a debating club, what next, praising people for being able yo say "aye" or "nay"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can assure you that I'm not one of those "spamming voting robots" who's "praised for only preaching to the choir in a debating club"; I'm a new member to both the MHoC and TSR Labour who has a bunch of brilliant ideas to contribute to the house. As a so called "inexperienced" member, I have put myself forward for a by-election to replace our excellent MP, cranbrook_aspie by submitting a decent manifesto and if you think I'm not able to debate, you may have heard that members were impressed with my performance in the Q&A session. As aforementioned, I've reluctantly agreed to proxy George Cooper as MP to gain experience and whilst you may have seen just "aye" and "nay", I want to ask you this - Wasn't you a new member to the MHoC back some time ago who had to understand the complexities of how this house works? As a proxy MP, I'm slowly learning how this house works and in terms of debates you'll be seeing a lot more in days to come.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    geez you are such a child
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cBay)
    geez you are such a child
    Not only that, he seems to enjoy criticising almost everything people say and yet his party/TSR Government is a shambles, the PM got banned for making some unacceptable remark and maybe for once he should get a grip of his own party ...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JTran38)
    I can assure you that I'm not one of those "spamming voting robots" who's "praised for only preaching to the choir in a debating club"; I'm a new member to both the MHoC and TSR Labour who has a bunch of brilliant ideas to contribute to the house. As a so called "inexperienced" member, I have put myself forward for a by-election to replace our excellent MP, cranbrook_aspie by submitting a decent manifesto and if you think I'm not able to debate, you may have heard that members were impressed with my performance in the Q&A session. As aforementioned, I've reluctantly agreed to proxy George Cooper as MP to gain experience and whilst you may have seen just "aye" and "nay", I want to ask you this - Wasn't you a new member to the MHoC back some time ago who had to understand the complexities of how this house works? As a proxy MP, I'm slowly learning how this house works and in terms of debates you'll be seeing a lot more in days to come.
    Yes I was new once, funnily enough when I was made an MP it was because I actually got involved, not simply because votes needed doing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Yes I was new once, funnily enough when I was made an MP it was because I actually got involved, not simply because votes needed doing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As a new MP, I am involved in debates, I've contributed ideas in the Labour sub forum and although you may have seen little of me in the MHoC, I'm still getting used to the complexities of how this works. There's no doubt I will be more active in the days to come.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    As a new MP, I am involved in debates, I've contributed ideas in the Labour sub forum and although you may have seen little of me in the MHoC, I'm still getting used to the complexities of how this works. There's no doubt I will be more active in the days to come.
    Simply saying aye and nay is only considered contributing by those who want to pretend they contribute, and it isn't exactly complex to debate and then press a few buttons if an MP

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Simply saying aye and nay is only considered contributing by those who want to pretend they contribute, and it isn't exactly complex to debate and then press a few buttons if an MP

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's complete rubbish, you've just dismissed what I've said and I've explained clearly that I'm not a "voting robot machine".

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you ever considered that your attitude might be a significant reason why newbies don't get involved?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Have you ever considered that your attitude might be a significant reason why newbies don't get involved?
    Easiest way to avoid it is to say nothing or properly engage

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That's complete rubbish, you've just dismissed what I've said and I've explained clearly that I'm not a "voting robot machine".
    The complexities are in procedure which beyond the blindingly obvious is not at all needed to be understood to dig in. One can easily get deeply involved while learning the procedures

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The complexities are in procedure which beyond the blindingly obvious is not at all needed to be understood to dig in. One can easily get deeply involved while learning the procedures

Posted from TSR Mobile
    JTran has been in the MHoC for 1 week. That's hardly a long time to familiarize yourself with how this place operates.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    JTran has been in the MHoC for 1 week. That's hardly a long time to familiarize yourself with how this place operates.
    It does not take a week to realise a bill is submitted to the Speaker, all members of the MHoC debate the bill, and MPs vote on the bill in the Division Lobby. All of the knowledge needed can be found in the Guidance Document, or the thread Birchington created when he was Speaker: you are making excuses.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    It does not take a week to realise a bill is submitted to the Speaker, all members of the MHoC debate the bill, and MPs vote on the bill in the Division Lobby. All of the knowledge needed can be found in the Guidance Document, or the thread Birchington created when he was Speaker: you are making excuses.
    I disagree, The MHoC does take a long time to get used to and I'd be very surprised if anyone read the GD in their first week.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I disagree, The MHoC does take a long time to get used to and I'd be very surprised if anyone read the GD in their first week.
    I did, to gain a grasp of what is happening all members should read the Constitution, the GD, and the help threads at the top of the MHoC forum. If a member does not try to help themselves find out what is happening, that member should not be protected by having excuses made for them.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I did, to gain a grasp of what is happening all members should read the Constitution, the GD, and the help threads at the top of the MHoC forum. If a member does not try to help themselves find out what is happening, that member should not be protected by having excuses made for them.
    You will do well to find a MHoC member who read the GD, the Constitution and all those threads in 1 week. The MHoC has a vast number of laws and procedures which take a long time to get used to. JTran is doing almost everything he can in 1 week to get involved in the MHoC, which even includes standing in an election as he's pointed out. Jammy really shouldn't attack new members to the MHoC for saying 'aye' or 'nay' as that could be enough to deter them from the place. Politely pointing out that most people say a few lines as well as an aye or a nay is the way to go but having a plain rant at them is most certainly not.

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't need a ****ing excuse. If everone would kindly remove heads from rectums they might remember this place is actually supposed to be FUN. He's not obliged to be here, he wants to get involved and he's enthusiastic, so let it be and let Labour worry about whether or not he'll be a good MP.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.