The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7500
I did that. I did it and didn't think about doing it. I'm eating some food but very slowly because I feel so stressed.
Original post by Amador
I did that. I did it and didn't think about doing it. I'm eating some food but very slowly because I feel so stressed.

Well done, and I hope you start feeling better soon. :hugs:
Reply 7502
Original post by Nathanielle
I understand, but at least for me, these allways worrying and accepting every insult from others is not good. I think if your are really talking with your heart and just about your feelings and what you would wish, then it can't go wrong, unless the person doesn't like you and then it is no worth. You can also ask them, how they would like you to behave, because then it is easier.
Maybe. I just don't understand how they changed so suddenly :/
One of my closest, closest friends is having major lung surgery (part of one of her lungs keeps collapsing, so it's getting removed) on Tuesday and I'm getting increasingly nervous about it and if she's going to be okay and also worrying more and more about uni and being scared of going and lonely because a lot of my friends have already left and ah i just don't know i don't feel good tonight :frown:
Original post by tasha96
Back at school tomorrow for the first time since June. :pain: So scared. :frown: Only going to be in for a maximum of two hours, and I'll be in the pupil support base (so not in a classroom). That means it doesn't matter if I end up crying/ freaking out. :frown: They've said it doesn't matter if I only manage 10 minutes, it's the being in and maintaining some sort of contact with them that matters. Not going to be doing work, just going to be having a chat with them or doing a bit of reading. So I shouldn't really be scared about it but I'm terrified. :cry2:

you will be fine! i promise :yep: even if it is only 10 mins, its still a good thing, and you didnt just not go :yep:
youv done so much stuff recently and you should be proud of yourself, and because of all of that you CAN go back to school :yep: :h:

Original post by Amador
I'm too scared to go out of my room because I'm afraid of meeting my flatmates. I haven't eaten and I have to go outside because I haven't any food which means going out of my room to buy some. I'm starving and terrified.

Original post by Amador

really glad you went out, eating food will help you feel better so you should deffinately be proud of yourself! :smile:

Original post by octoberbaby
One of my closest, closest friends is having major lung surgery (part of one of her lungs keeps collapsing, so it's getting removed) on Tuesday and I'm getting increasingly nervous about it and if she's going to be okay and also worrying more and more about uni and being scared of going and lonely because a lot of my friends have already left and ah i just don't know i don't feel good tonight :frown:

:hugs: i know its easy for me to say dont worry she will be fine, but im sure she will be fine! you can worry about her on tuesday, but tonight and tomorrow think about yourself :yep:
youll make your own friends at uni and it will be awesome, i know its so cliché but genuinly everyone is in the same boat and petrified of going to uni, but because of that you will make friends! :smile:

Original post by superwolf
x

i just wanted to say your awesome, and you can totally hand in your dissertation and be amazing :smile:
also sorry i didnt get back to you or rob about that gathering, but neither me nor rory had the money but really wanted to go and meet you guys :smile:
:jumphug: Proud of you just for having a go, and I hope it turns out well. :smile:

Thank you. :hugs:

Original post by PonchoKid
you will be fine! i promise :yep: even if it is only 10 mins, its still a good thing, and you didnt just not go :yep:
youv done so much stuff recently and you should be proud of yourself, and because of all of that you CAN go back to school :yep: :h:

Thanks. :hugs: I've nothing really to be proud of. I'm just so scared. :frown: I hate crying on people and odds are I'll be in tears tomorrow. But I can't not go, because they've organised so much around me. :frown: So scared of it all. :cry2: Have some soothing music and my fairy lights on but it's not helping any. I cant stop shaking :s-smilie:
Original post by tasha96
Thank you. :hugs:

Thanks. :hugs: I've nothing really to be proud of. I'm just so scared. :frown: I hate crying on people and odds are I'll be in tears tomorrow. But I can't not go, because they've organised so much around me. :frown: So scared of it all. :cry2: Have some soothing music and my fairy lights on but it's not helping any. I cant stop shaking :s-smilie:

You do hun! You went to the SS meeting which you enjoyed :smile:
What about lighting a smelly candle so it helps relax you aswell :smile: just keep your self busy! I promise it will be ok! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You do hun! You went to the SS meeting which you enjoyed :smile:
What about lighting a smelly candle so it helps relax you aswell :smile: just keep your self busy! I promise it will be ok! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only just managed that though- I almost cried through the whole thing. :frown:
I dont have a candle (awesome idea though! :hugs: ) but I do have a little lavender room freshner thing that I can put next to my bed. :smile: Thank you! Would never have thought about that. :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
I only just managed that though- I almost cried through the whole thing. :frown:
I dont have a candle (awesome idea though! :hugs: ) but I do have a little lavender room freshner thing that I can put next to my bed. :smile: Thank you! Would never have thought about that. :hugs:

But you DID manage it and DIDNT cry :yep:
Yeah put the lavender thing next to your bed as its calming and meant to help you sleep :smile:
Dont thank me! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by octoberbaby

:hugs: I think it's beautiful that you feel so strongly about your friend, even if it's not helping you so much! I get told off fairly regularly about getting too involved in other people's problems, but I do think that helping others is the best thing we can hope to achieve, and I'm sure your friend realises how much you care about her. :smile:

What is it you're scared of specifically about uni? These days you can do a lot of good for yourself pre-uni by getting to know people online (I met a really nice course mate who also had MH problems through TSR[reminds me I should send her a message]), and you can also do plenty of other preparations, like working out a budget for yourself if you're worried about money, that kind of thing.

i just wanted to say your awesome, and you can totally hand in your dissertation and be amazing :smile:
also sorry i didnt get back to you or rob about that gathering, but neither me nor rory had the money but really wanted to go and meet you guys :smile:

Thank you, and likewise! :hat2:

That's ok, and I'd love to meet you someday - maybe sometime over autumn/winter? :smile: Ended up being a small thing with just us and an old flatmate or two, but we still had a really good time.

Open if you have low self-esteem:

Thank you, and likewise! :hat2:

That's ok, and I'd love to meet you someday - maybe sometime over autumn/winter? :smile: Ended up being a small thing with just us and an old flatmate or two, but we still had a really good time.

Open if you have low self-esteem:

im not :tongue: hahaha

i was meant to let you know sooner, but stuff happened and then i realised it had been and gone :frown:
small things can often be better though as there not as scary!

that made me smile :h:
which is apparently pretty ****ing hard after such an awesome day, but im coming down with a cold and not packed yet and feel sick which is terrifying me, and have to spend an hour waiting at the first train station tomorrow :frown: urgh
im not :tongue: hahaha

i was meant to let you know sooner, but stuff happened and then i realised it had been and gone :frown:
small things can often be better though as there not as scary!

that made me smile :h:
which is apparently pretty ****ing hard after such an awesome day, but im coming down with a cold and not packed yet and feel sick which is terrifying me, and have to spend an hour waiting at the first train station tomorrow :frown: urgh

:hugs: You worry too much! You're lovely and I hope you have an equally lovely reunion with Rory (if you find time give him a hug from me). :h:
Reply 7512
feel so sad tonight. just lying here crying forever because just so so sad.
Just woke up from an episode of sleep paralysis. It's happened to me once before but this time I thought I was going to die for some reason :confused: :colondollar: Tried breathing in mathematical patterns to get my wife to wake me up, no luck. This is exactly what I need to deal with in my life. :nothing: Terror when I sleep, what could be better?
Original post by Sultana
feel so sad tonight. just lying here crying forever because just so so sad.

:hugs: I am drunk or else would offer talkiness, but remember that out there in the bleak bleak world there are still GUINEA PIGS DOING GODDAMN CIRCUS TRICKS!!!

Original post by Sabertooth
Just woke up from an episode of sleep paralysis. It's happened to me once before but this time I thought I was going to die for some reason :confused: :colondollar: Tried breathing in mathematical patterns to get my wife to wake me up, no luck. This is exactly what I need to deal with in my life. :nothing: Terror when I sleep, what could be better?

Next time might I suggest waking your wife/you up with squeaky kitty-bird noises? :tongue:
:hugs: You worry too much! You're lovely and I hope you have an equally lovely reunion with Rory (if you find time give him a hug from me). :h:

you think im worrying now!
iv already had a melt down because i have to take a bigger suitcase which will be harder to manoover and i always panic having to get on a train

Spoiler

but when i get to my final station and see rory it will DEFFINATELY be worth it :smile:
i shall give him a hug from you but it will have to wait :tongue:
Reply 7517
Not doing well at all really. Depression seems to be creeping back in properly, and I don't think I can do this. I'm back to thinking that I need to do something that I hoped I wouldn't want to do again. Just can't face the thought of feeling like this or it getting worse. And once it gets worse I won't necessarily have the capacity to do certain things anymore, which means I should probably do them asap regardless of doubts. That scares me, since I generally think things through a lot. I dunno. Just can't.
Next time might I suggest waking your wife/you up with squeaky kitty-bird noises? :tongue:

I would not complain about being woken from abject terror by the cat playing. Instead I came in the living room and he was sleeping on my chair. ****ing cat. :colonhash:
Reply 7519

Spoiler

Latest