Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    did you ever find our why he didn't show up to your cinema date?

but that's beside the point.
    the big thing you need to ask yourself is why have you two never developed from just a "thing"?
    from what you say you've always had some sort of mutual affection, so in all this time why has nothing ever developed?

also, men don't "storm off" - you sure this is a guy?
    I wouldn't call it a 'date' lol but it was because he was at lunch with the other girl... meh.

The reason why nothing happened previously and probably the most obvious reason why is because I moved schools for sixth form. We've known each other since year 7 and once we got to the end of year 11 I decided to go to a different school's sixth form because ours was so crap. (also bear in mind that things only started to 'spark' around year 10-11, he was one of my best mates before that)
    Then he found out I was coming to the same uni (but he thought I was living on campus) so he booked the block I was supposed to be in so we could have been flatmates...
    To cut things short, I ended up commuting instead but at least we do the same course at the same uni lol, that's close enough.

I'll probably end up responding to you guys tomorrow, literally falling asleep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Is your real name Kam?

Yeahh I hate leaving people in limbo but I'll just have to see what feels right. Gosh, I'm exhausted already!

Ahh talk to Lyrical hun It'll be ok.

I can honestly say I've never been in a relationship whereby the break up was messy because the truth is, I've never had a serious serious relationship (I think?) I don't know what people class as serious nowadays. You probably still like her AR but you're just talking yourself out of that possibility, and you seeing her with another guy made it even worse. I'm sorry about that really, relationships are crap little things sometimes.
    Yup, Kam here. *tips hat*

I think you're chronically over thinking it tbh, it doesn't seem like an exhausting scenario. Don't fret about it, just go with the flow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Yeah I guess, but I'm so stubborn though! There's no way I'd admit it first, what if he goes "Well, the feeling's not really mutual..." I'd just die. But hey guess you're right! Thanks Ggmu

That s true, it shows that there were obviously more important things to do hence why he didn't show up. I'm actually so conflicted. I think I'm just going to be nice to him but not let him lead me on? I'll just treat him like a friend me thinks until I see things clearer. Thanks Iso

Yeah but it was quite random...he could just be attention seeking? Anyway thanks SO

Gee thanks lol.
    I know that potential feeling is really sucky but you will get over it if it happened. But I understand the feeling too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Also don't mean to start moaning about it but have any of you been in long term relationships that have or haven't ended nasty? Broke up with my ex after 2 years in the summer and was quite the mess but went even worse after I saw she found some one else too. I'm not depressed nor do I want us to try again but I literally still think about her every single day multiple times whenever I'm not busy. Even at work now. We've both got each other's details but stopped contacting each other completely (apart from her texting happy birthday ) , but I'm honestly sick of thinking about her all the time, it's kinda like it's in my subconscious.

It's been 3 months since we've broke up too, would have thought Id of forgotten her by now. Any of you lot felt like this or has it taken longer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I’m with Lucio with it’s the whole routine thing. Of course you’re going to miss / think about someone who you shared a good amount of time with. No doubt that within the two years she kinda became a good friend as well so you’ve not just lost the whole girlfriend aspect but also the friend element too as you’re no longer speaking to her. I was with my ex for four years, broke up just over a year ago. Since then he has got with another girl and married her last month. That was pretty hard to see but he’s clearly moved on, and by the sounds of it your ex has too. It will only take as long to get over her as it takes you to realise that they’re obviously not thinking about you so you’ve just got to think that you shouldn’t waste your time thinking about them. I get the whole having someone there for so long and then all of a sudden they’re no longer in your life, but you’ve just got to adjust to that person no longer being around. If anything looking back I regret being in such a long relationship at a younger age but I guess back then I was caught up in that bubble thinking we’d always be together. Now I’m seeing my friends buying their first houses with their partners, getting married and having babies etc and I’m back at home with the parents. So I feel like I’ve kinda done this the wrong way. I should have had the fun back then and the serious relationship now but after giving four years to someone it’s messed me up in the sense that I don't want to get into a serious relationship at the moment. Maybe I'm afraid of being hurt again but I think I'm also enjoying not being moaned at for going to watch a football match instead of spending time with them. I don't normally have a type or anything but I've realised that whoever I decide to have a relationship with next must like football!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry LP I was going to put my input in, haven't been on here long enough today. Seems like everybody else put in input. Will talk about it tomorrow properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    I’m with Lucio with it’s the whole routine thing. Of course you’re going to miss / think about someone who you shared a good amount of time with. No doubt that within the two years she kinda became a good friend as well so you’ve not just lost the whole girlfriend aspect but also the friend element too as you’re no longer speaking to her. I was with my ex for four years, broke up just over a year ago. Since then he has got with another girl and married her last month. That was pretty hard to see but he’s clearly moved on, and by the sounds of it your ex has too. It will only take as long to get over her as it takes you to realise that they’re obviously not thinking about you so you’ve just got to think that you shouldn’t waste your time thinking about them. I get the whole having someone there for so long and then all of a sudden they’re no longer in your life, but you’ve just got to adjust to that person no longer being around. If anything looking back I regret being in such a long relationship at a younger age but I guess back then I was caught up in that bubble thinking we’d always be together. Now I’m seeing my friends buying their first houses with their partners, getting married and having babies etc and I’m back at home with the parents. So I feel like I’ve kinda done this the wrong way. I should have had the fun back then and the serious relationship now but after giving four years to someone it’s messed me up in the sense that I don't want to get into a serious relationship at the moment. Maybe I'm afraid of being hurt again but I think I'm also enjoying not being moaned at for going to watch a football match instead of spending time with them. I don't normally have a type or anything but I've realised that whoever I decide to have a relationship with next must like football!

Thing is I've already done everything to move on but it still doesn't stop. I comprehend that she's not thinking about me and I wish I didn't either tbh. I agree with both of you though that it was mostly routine for the past 2 years so it's probably going to take a bit longer than a few months. I'm honestly sick of it right now though but it probably has to do with the fact that the final few months of it were horrible I guess?

ReputationRep:
    Cut her off?

Saves the hurt and stop thinking about them. If they're impossible to cut off for physical reasons(family friend, knows all your friends, workmate) then just only talk to them if it's unavoidable. If people just stopped talking to girls or boys they broke up with unless they had to(or if they were and still are good friends so you just carry on as normal) then there would be no attachment problems post relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Cut her off?

Saves the hurt and stop thinking about them. If they're impossible to cut off for physical reasons(family friend, knows all your friends, workmate) then just only talk to them if it's unavoidable. If people just stopped talking to girls or boys they broke up with unless they had to(or if they were and still are good friends so you just carry on as normal) then there would be no attachment problems post relationship.
    I've already cut her off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I've already cut her off
    Mentally you haven't clearly as I said stop thinking about them as part of 'cut her off.'

Put the attentions to another girl, your work and your hobbies, simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    Mentally you haven't clearly.

Thought you meant contact/messaging wise..

Obviously I haven't cut her off mentally otherwise I wouldn't be posting this on MISC lol. That's pretty much my problem really, I can't stop thinking about it at times, it's just in my subconscious or habit. I know with time it'll go away hopefully it's just making me sick for the time being

Put the attentions to another girl, your work and your hobbies, simple as that.
    Work helps only a tad bit. I'm not really meeting new people though so probably won't meet too many new girls until I go to uni next year, which by then everything should be sorted lol. It's just about getting through this year really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Thought you meant contact/messaging wise..

Obviously I haven't cut her off mentally otherwise I wouldn't be posting this on MISC lol. That's pretty much my problem really, I can't stop thinking about it at times, it's just in my subconscious or habit. I know with time it'll go away hopefully it's just making me sick for the time being
    It's a habit, so you need to break out of it, it's hard but think of the long term goal.

When you feel bad about it, what makes you feel better?

Work helps only a tad bit. I'm not really meeting new people though so probably won't meet too many new girls until I go to uni next year, which by then everything should be sorted lol. It's just about getting through this year really.
    I guess so, but then there are other hobbies you can do that doesn't involve girls and can take off your time, talk to a mate, play some football etc you have to occupy your time.

ReputationRep:
    Ever thought of becoming an Agony Aunt Jam?

(Original post by AR_95)
    Thing is I've already done everything to move on but it still doesn't stop. I comprehend that she's not thinking about me and I wish I didn't either tbh. I agree with both of you though that it was mostly routine for the past 2 years so it's probably going to take a bit longer than a few months. I'm honestly sick of it right now though but it probably has to do with the fact that the final few months of it were horrible I guess?

In a few months time you'll probably kick yourself for wasting so much time thinking about her. If the final few months were horrible then that's even more of a reason to forget her quicker. Just look at how horrible it was and think "why should I think about someone that I was unhappy with for the final few months?". You've just got to get yourself into a whole new routine with things and the time that you would have spent with her you should find something else to do.

ReputationRep:
    Latest Gotham episode is the best of the season so far.

Sort of nailed the cross between Nolan's Batman and Burton's campy Batman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)

Is it the one about the hitman? (Got it on record)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Ever thought of becoming an Agony Aunt Jam?

In a few months time you'll probably kick yourself for wasting so much time thinking about her. If the final few months were horrible then that's even more of a reason to forget her quicker. Just look at how horrible it was and think "why should I think about someone that I was unhappy with for the final few months?". You've just got to get yourself into a whole new routine with things and the time that you would have spent with her you should find something else to do.
    Yeah if I spent more time sorting out my problems than other people's I'd be doing much better atm.

Got a job finally. Start today. Pretty excited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)

Didn't start watching Gotham until a few weeks back - it's wayyyyyy better than I expected.

In particular I think the penguin character is portrayed absolutely perfectly.
    Although Alfred is more like a bodyguard than a butler which threw me a little...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah if I spent more time sorting out my problems than other people's I'd be doing much better atm.

Nice, which did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sean Paul. Say no more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

Good stuff, well done! What are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Website is dead and we all know why

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.