Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if any of the Scottish Unis factor in predicted grades for interviews/offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euan1603)
    Hi I'm in the same boat as you, applied to those 4 unis, got AAAAB in my highers and 680 in my UKCAT. I'm sure I read somewhere that St Andrews specify that you get an A in chemistry so u could maybe check up on that. I wonder when we're gonna hear about interviews! Best of luck
    Yeah, I remember reading that aswell. But I am quite sure I also read if someone is doing ADV chemistry, they'll be considered. So I don't know.
    (Original post by RossB1702)
    Yeah it's still worth applying. Remember that Universities count a B in and advanced higher as an A in higher, so if you get an a B in advanced higher chemistry you should be fine. Aim for an A though. You probably just got unlucky in the exam to not achieve that A. I've seen a lot of people applying for 4 medicine courses and then one non medicine course such as biomedical science. This is a good fallback plan in case you don't meet your conditional, I would suggest you do that. I'm sure you'll get into medicine though with those results, good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyjonesx)
    Do I have a chance at following unis with these stats?

UKCAT 660
    Achieved A levels A*A*AA
    GCSEs: 3A* 7A

Liverpool, Leicester, Bristol and sheffield
    Liverpool and Bristol will depend on your PS. Leicester looks likely. Maybe sheffield too as they use UKCAT cut-off.

ReputationRep:
    For people that are reapplying, do you get the same UCAS ID or a different one once you have sent off your application?

ReputationRep:
    Not the appropriate thread but I need some urgent help! I'm not being able to enter the full address of my referee because there isn't enough space in the lines. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsmad123)
    For people that are reapplying, do you get the same UCAS ID or a different one once you have sent off your application?
    I got the same one as before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    which ones are looking at?
    Sorry for the late reply! I was thinking kings/ queens and Newcastle 🙈 Idk if my ukcat score is good enough tho 😭

ReputationRep:
    When im putting my Ucas pin into the UKCAT website do i put the hyphens in or leave them??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouHaveProblems)
    babygirl is that on track?
    Yes daddy....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123chem)
    Yes daddy....
    Bro that's weird I don't roll like that.
    And it will show up like that on track. It supposed to specify on UCAS website not on track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawini)
    When im putting my Ucas pin into the UKCAT website do i put the hyphens in or leave them??
    Babygirl u leave them

ReputationRep:
    I got a different one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lidzi_)
    Not the appropriate thread but I need some urgent help! I'm not being able to enter the full address of my referee because there isn't enough space in the lines. What should I do?
    Post code and number on street should be sufficient anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackster556)
    Does anyone know if any of the Scottish Unis factor in predicted grades for interviews/offers?
    I know for definite that Aberdeen and Edinburgh factor in predicted grades but they count for less than your achieved grades. I have a feeling that Dundee does the same but I'm not 100% sure. I'm afraid I don't know if Glasgow or St Andrews factor them in

ReputationRep:
    Your UCAS ID should be the one that you were given when you made your first application through UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys do you think applying to QMUL for the a100 as a graduate predicted a 1st is risky with a total ukcat score of 1740?? it says on a pdf they sent me the lowest ukcat score of a graduate applying to the a100 was 1740 but I'm still unsure :/ any advice would be really appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    Hey guys do you think applying to QMUL for the a100 as a graduate predicted a 1st is risky with a total ukcat score of 1740?? it says on a pdf they sent me the lowest ukcat score of a graduate applying to the a100 was 1740 but I'm still unsure :/ any advice would be really appreciated!
    It's risky. Even if that applicant got interviewed, the chances of it happening again are quite low. I think QM use the UKCAT more than people think. Can you share the pdf please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostLemon)
    Your UCAS ID should be the one that you were given when you made your first application through UCAS.
    Mines different 🙃🙃
    I had to apply through my school again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    Go with your gut feeling, although I think that you are scored higher with an achieved 1st class rather than predicted.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feel theyre choosing between southampton and SGUL they seem to have very similar cut offs for ukcat

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.