Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    On a serious note, Wenger in or out?

You finished 2nd and although that's a great achievement in itself, you were way off the champions and you weren't good at all in other competitions.

Do you really see yourselves being able to build on this 2nd place when you have Mourinho, Conte and Pep coming in, all along with Klopp who will have good money to spend?
    Out still.

Being the best smelling ****, in a bucket of ****, is not an achievement.

All the big clubs failed this season, and so far:

Chelsea - manager change
    City - manager change
    Liverpool - manager change
    United - Very likely manager change

Only wenger remains..

I can completly understand why the club wont get rid of him, its such a huge risk. I mean at the moment we are in a constant position that so many clubs would kill for.. each year, no matter what happens, who rises and who falls,we remain exactly the same.

With a new boss maybe we can actually win something, but more likely it would mean we would enter the raft of other top clubs currently going up and down season by season, with new managers coming in, and going, success then failure etc.

I personally would still do it though, just because although the huge risk of failure is there - as an arsenal fan, it would just be nice to have some genuine hope for a season. An actual chance to win
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think it's telling that even Arsenal fans know Walcott shouldn't be going to the Euros. Got no qualms with Hodgson picking Wilshere, though, to be honest. Hasn't he got like six MOTM awards in his last ten England appearances or something?

ReputationRep:

:rofl:

****ing deluded ******

ReputationRep:
    Business being done early this year. With Wenger saying there will definitely be signings. Man, Wenger must definitely be pissed off with the players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I think it's telling that even Arsenal fans know Walcott shouldn't be going to the Euros. Got no qualms with Hodgson picking Wilshere, though, to be honest. Hasn't he got like six MOTM awards in his last ten England appearances or something?

Walcott would be ideal in the championship, that is his level these days.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Walcott would be ideal in the championship, that is his level these days.
    Don't be ridiculous. He's a PL player, just not title-winning.

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of any club that will meet his wage demands and give him regular football. Man City surely won't want to repeat that mistake and have two Sterlings on the pitch

ReputationRep:
    He is gash.

ReputationRep:
    ORSTEIN BABBBBYYYYY

**** off Coquelin now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    ORSTEIN BABBBBYYYYY

**** off Coquelin now
    Coquelin is good + is versatile.

Xhaka looks like exactly what we need, though. Over 6', disciplined, leader/good mentality and good on the ball.

I'm still not going to be happy until we upgrade on our lamppost striker, though. IMO, that's our biggest weakness.

ReputationRep:
    Ramsey, Walcott and Giroud for Xhaka and 2 new strikers, whoever they may be. Good enough business?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Ramsey, Walcott and Giroud for Xhaka and 2 new strikers, whoever they may be. Good enough business?
    A quality RW aswell? Mahrez would be very good and you have a decent back up in Iwobi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    A quality RW aswell? Mahrez would be very good and you have a decent back up in Iwobi.
    I can't imagine any significant player moving away from the Premier League champions to another PL club for any significant fee. I was gonna say that but then thought "Tevez..."

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine any significant player moving away from the Premier League champions to another PL club for any significant fee. I was gonna say that but then thought "Tevez..."
    Arsenal don't have a particularly difficult transfer window apart from a striker. Your CM is sorted in Xhaka, if Mahrez doesn't move I'm sure you can find a quality RW from somewhere otherwise Iwobi can still do a decent job. You just need to tempt Ibra away from United, you have CL so money and Wenger is your only barrier there.

Signing a new fitness team and less intense training sessions would also do you a world of good...

ReputationRep:
    Apparently when Xhaka came for his medical, Wenger said he expects Colney to be quite busy this summer

Spoiler:
    Show
    Scenes when we sign Kalou

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing Xhaka gets to wear 8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    RW is a must for us. Other than Mahrez though who could we sign? And I doubt Mahrez will come this season. There is a real lack of top wingers now it seems, which is odd given that there are a few absolutely incredible wingers at the top 3 clubs. It's a position of outstanding player and average ones, but no ones that strike me as gettable and an upgrade.
    Maybe we should try to swap Walcott for Bolasie just to keep Lyrical Prodigy happy .

On the striker front we are struggling too. Morata isn't there yet imo, maybe ar99 is right and Lacazette is worth a punt along with a Lukaku or Ibra.
    Looks like Kante rumours were *******s all along

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)

RW is a must for us. Other than Mahrez though who could we sign? And I doubt Mahrez will come this season. There is a real lack of top wingers now it seems, which is odd given that there are a few absolutely incredible wingers at the top 3 clubs. It's a position of outstanding player and average ones, but no ones that strike me as gettable and an upgrade.
    Maybe we should try to swap Walcott for Bolasie just to keep Lyrical Prodigy happy .

On the striker front we are struggling too. Morata isn't there yet imo, maybe ar99 is right and Lacazette is worth a punt along with a Lukaku or Ibra.
    Sadio Mane for RW?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

AR99? u ****
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Xhaka's a heck of a signing tbh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.