Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    It varies with each bank, but with HSBC, I had £2000 overdraft by the time I finished. When I converted to a graduate account, I kept a total of £2K limit, had one year of £1500 interest free (I got angry with them over this, as this is what they give to graduates of 3 year courses, so they were charging me more for having done a longer course), then one year of £500 interest free, and after that the whole overdraft is still available, I'd just have to pay interest on it.

As I said above though, I spent most of my last 2 years in my overdraft and came perilously close to maxing it out at times. I was permanently out of it within about 3 months of working.
    My student account with Barclays says I have the facility to have up to £2,000 however I still only have £200 after relentlessly trying to get them to increase it! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planetconwy1)
    My student account with Barclays says I have the facility to have up to £2,000 however I still only have £200 after relentlessly trying to get them to increase it! :mad:
    Can I have some WJEC stuff please? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    I passed Paediatrics Got results yesterday! Amusingly did better in the OSCE - which I thought I'd failed, than the written :/
    Congratulations!

(Original post by lekky)
    I see your 475 and I raise you 1,400.

I don't even worry about it anymore. 0% interest, you'll clear it when you graduate, meh?
    Mine is nearing £1400 but not quite there yet. But again as its interest free, it isn't much of an issue at the moment.

(Original post by lekky)
    OH MY GOD TRAMPOLINE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRIaK...el_video_title

We have wind turbines setting on fire up here!

Hahaha that's quite funny. Have heard lots about the weather in Glasgow on the news! Went up to glasgow last month and it was freezing then, can't even imagine how cold it is now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Can I have some WJEC stuff please? :p:
    I get like 30 messages a day from A-Level people asking for past papers and mark schemes :rolleyes:

I hope they get the message.

ReputationRep:
    I get like 30 messages a day from A-Level people asking for past papers and mark schemes :rolleyes:

I hope they get the message.

From the news it looks like WJEC helps students enough without your help haha XD

ReputationRep:
    I am so fed up with SSCs and presentations. Just want to go on the wards tbh.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Been doing cardiovascular examinations today. >D I found it very interesting although I found it hard to identify the different murmurs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princess Bubbles)
    Been doing cardiovascular examinations today. >D I found it very interesting although I found it hard to identify the different murmurs!
    I find it helps to feel radial pulse (or any other) at the same time to confirm if murmur is early/pan/late diastolic/systolic and can then use that to work out dysfunction.

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 competencies tomorrow I am really not looking forward to. I can't wait until this time tomorrow, when all the deadlines for before Christmas will be over!! Final week should be OK and I can ignore the ridiculous number of January deadlines for a while. 4th year sucks!!

On the plus side, I have seen some really awesome signs this week, which has cheered me up. I am actually starting to feel more confident in what I feel/see, which is quite motivating.

Will need a stiff drink this weekend though.

PS - congratulations to all the final years!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    I find it helps to feel radial pulse (or any other) at the same time to confirm if murmur is early/pan/late diastolic/systolic and can then use that to work out dysfunction.
    Yes that sounds good. I think we use the carotid to get the timings of cardiac cycle. I think it is because this was the first time actually doing it so it was a bit strange!

(Original post by mrs_bellamy)
    I have 4 competencies tomorrow I am really not looking forward to. I can't wait until this time tomorrow, when all the deadlines for before Christmas will be over!! Final week should be OK and I can ignore the ridiculous number of January deadlines for a while. 4th year sucks!!

On the plus side, I have seen some really awesome signs this week, which has cheered me up. I am actually starting to feel more confident in what I feel/see, which is quite motivating.

Will need a stiff drink this weekend though.

PS - congratulations to all the final years!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    People generally find that difficult in my experience!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, don't tell me this. I'm opening a Barclay's student account this week (lol in my 4th year and never had a student account ).

What's their/your problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Ah, don't tell me this. I'm opening a Barclay's student account this week (lol in my 4th year and never had a student account ).

What's their/your problem?
    I have quite a bit of Savings in my ISA & savings account, so they said I can't have a bigger overdraft until I spend that! They don't understand that I am saving it for something important in the future.

However my friend went in at the same time as me, they refused her an overdraft altogether until she said that she was a Medical Student, when the guy instantly decided to give her one after all.

Med Students are obviously too cool for Barclays :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I have quite a bit of Savings in my ISA & savings account, so they said I can't have a bigger overdraft until I spend that! They don't understand that I am saving it for something important in the future.

However my friend went in at the same time as me, they refused her an overdraft altogether until she said that she was a Medical Student, when the guy instantly decided to give her one after all.

Med Students are obviously too cool for Barclays :cool:
    Put the savings in another account in another bank? A non-student account, as I think you're only allowed one student account.

ReputationRep:
    "HS I+II+?Murmor"
    "PLAN: Medics. ECHO."
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    People generally find that difficult in my experience!
    TBH I didn't think I would be able to distinguish and identify murmurs the first time I listened to them. I was mainly focusing on getting the basics of the cardio exam in my head.

(Original post by Renal)
    "HS I+II+?Murmor"
    :ahee: We had the echo guy give us a talk and he basically said this. He said that previously clinicians were able to diagnose from listening to murmurs using stethoscopes but nowadays all the junior doctors do echos to make sure!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Our pre-clins are "normal structure and function" i.e. "put your stethoscope in spot x,y,z and pretend to listen".

ReputationRep:
    If you have an iPhone there's a cool app from Littmann called Soundbuilder which I reckon is good, it has a selection of murmurs on there and it has a recording of what it will sound like, where you will hear it and patient position, and an animation of what is happening

There's probably an android or blackberry version as well, or you might be able to find it online
    (Original post by Renal)
    "HS I+II+?Murmor"
    stupid question but can anyone explain what the terminology for writing up a cardiovascular exam is in terms of that "HS I..." stuff? Probably very basic but it's one of those things you don't know until someone explains...

ReputationRep:
    If you see a case that is very rare and well fascinating, is it odd to get excited - on a scale of rareities say a couple in a career at tertiary referral level when the patient is deeply in the **** from their condition? I feel odd...

/ 'reflection

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.