Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkamy)
    What gcses does ucas see? I heard its the top 10 grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All of them.

ReputationRep:
    Have the grade boundaries been released? and if so has anyone got the link?

ReputationRep:
    Still can't believe I got a full 150 UMS in the Physical Geography paper and a full 100 in Chem and Physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    Got 5 A* 2A 3B, reckon that's suitable and normal for a person applying for a top university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, with a few exceptions at the very top for the most competitive courses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEMathlete)
    I got 100 UMS in bio, chem and Physics!!! Soooo happy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    so did I the unit 3's ? I even got full RAW marks in C3 so my teacher says :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Got 2 a's for core and additional science and b's for psychology maths and English language. I'm 4 marks off an a in English! Tbf as a foreigner in England who hasn't done any gcse's I think that's quite alright. Only lived here for a year and now going to a levels this September. Although I could have done much better in maths. .

ReputationRep:
    Got 5 A* 2A 3B, reckon that's suitable and normal for a person applying for a top university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I got 7 A*s and 2 As.

ReputationRep:
    right i've been on the grade boundaries on this site..http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2013.PDF yet nothing makes sense.In my sociology exam i got 71/90 yet my results say i got a B but the site says i have got an A*.Also, in history i got 42/46 which on my results slip it says it's a B.I am so confused.

ReputationRep:
    I got 4A* 8A and an entry level 3 :banana:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by goldenshades)
    Hey everyone I got 7 A*/A grades today for my GCSEs (including English and Science) along with 2 Bs (one being Maths) and a C. Would this be good enough for me to apply to dentistry?
    Yep, of course, congrats!

(Original post by noelphilip)
    Didn't do as well as i hoped.... Only got 1 A* and that was for Religious education :'( but i got 7 A's and 5 B's along with a C and a D but they were Spanish and PE. Can anyone advise future career i could pursue (medical linked) with those grades?

Biology - A
    Chemistry - A
    CiDA - M (equivelant to 2 GCSE A's)
    English - A
    English Literature - B
    French - B
    Geography - B
    History - A
    Mathematics - A
    Physical Education - D
    Physics - B
    Religious Education - A*
    Spanish - C
    Statistics - B
    Medicine isn't ruled out for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure is, well done!
    (Original post by nkamy)
    What gcses does ucas see? I heard its the top 10 grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    You certainly don't need 8 A*s to get into medicine. You have fantastic results and you've got a great foundation there for applying to study medicine. Well done!
    I do hope everything goes well and thank you!

(Original post by techno836)
    No you don't only for like Birmingham, imperial and Oxbridge honestly A levels will decide your fate more than GCSE's and a high UKCAT score in some places will guarantee you an interview, so there is still a lot of hope yet
    If you don't mind, when the time comes to applying can I get advice from you about which Unis would be suitable to apply to? I'm having a hard time finding out which Unis will focus on GCSEs as well, I mean I know they state a certain number of grade requirements but obviously there are so many people applying and most have a great number of A*s so I don't want to be at a disadvantage.
    In regards with A levels I want to study biology, chemistry, maths and then I'm quite split with english literature and psychology. I guess I got the A* in lit I would have gone for it but now I feel I really need to work hard for A levels and get the best possible results so would I be able to do that...? And then I've generally been interested in psychology for a while now, however talking to a teacher when I was choosing A level subjects a couple months ago she said that unis might prefer the english since it seems more 'tradition' and perhaps a bit more 'well-regarded'. Also it might set me apart from the large number applicants, I know of so many people choosing the same three subjects and psychology :/ Nevetherless I do enjoy English as a subject but what if I can't do as well especially since the standard at A levels are going to be pretty high.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    I've been hearing that on the news lately.. I still managed to get 98/100 ums in chem and 100/100 in physics :awesome:
    It's rather weird as 98 means you were only 3 marks of an A because the unit 3's were so tight between A and A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    I've been hearing that on the news lately.. I still managed to get 98/100 ums in chem and 100/100 in physics :awesome:
    I just got my results for my end of year 10 GCSE's and in Science i got an A* but in chem i got 91 UMS and in Physics i got 89 it was so harsh this year compared to last year by the looks of it

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I got full marks in Chemistry Unit 3...

No...No...

ReputationRep:
    I am so happy

7 A*'s, 3 A's, a B and a distinction in IT

Well done everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Seeing the marks that other students had here makes my morale in applying to Russell group universities minuscule

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skizzle)
    I do hope everything goes well and thank you!

If you don't mind, when the time comes to applying can I get advice from you about which Unis would be suitable to apply to? I'm having a hard time finding out which Unis will focus on GCSEs as well, I mean I know they state a certain number of grade requirements but obviously there are so many people applying and most have a great number of A*s so I don't want to be at a disadvantage.
    In regards with A levels I want to study biology, chemistry, maths and then I'm quite split with english literature and psychology. I guess I got the A* in lit I would have gone for it but now I feel I really need to work hard for A levels and get the best possible results so would I be able to do that...? And then I've generally been interested in psychology for a while now, however talking to a teacher when I was choosing A level subjects a couple months ago she said that unis might prefer the english since it seems more 'tradition' and perhaps a bit more 'well-regarded'. Also it might set me apart from the large number applicants, I know of so many people choosing the same three subjects and psychology :/ Nevetherless I do enjoy English as a subject but what if I can't do as well especially since the standard at A levels are going to be pretty high.
    Yes that is no problem you will have to PM when it comes closer to the time or I will probably be around the medicine threads anyway

regarding A levels I believe Universities would prefer the literature and it means you're still doing essays too which you will do in uni ! also it is more highly regarded than psychology. But you should really go for the subject YOU believe you will most likely get an A in but you can do that better if you find the subject interesting as you will work harder there isn't much more I can say so I hoped this helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilypear)
    I can't believe I got full marks in Chemistry Unit 3...

No...No...
    :five: well done

ReputationRep:
    i got a B in core science and an A in additional science.

Thats all my results :/

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I feel a bit better now. I think that I was more worried for the individual grades (got 4 Cs in the exams), and also the fact that the school publish the results online for the whole world to see. Moreover, I felt that I let my teachers down as they all believed I would get all A*s when in fact I got 1.5. Well, here are my grades:

R.S. - A* (Short course)
    Photography - A*
    History - A
    Spanish - A
    Chemistry - A (even though I got like a C in the exam)
    Physics - A
    English Literature - A
    English Language - B (year 10 - I might retake an exam I got a C on)
    Biology - B (I might retake that as in one module I was due a free retake, and am still entitled to it, so I might do it and get an A*, so I can at least get an A and improve my grades)
    Maths - B

I don't know whether it is Medicine standard or not though. I do feel a bit bad (mainly because of my parents - Asian of course). Do you guy think that these results are alright? And do you think I should retake some of them?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.