Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Next time might I suggest waking your wife/you up with squeaky kitty-bird noises?
    I would not complain about being woken from abject terror by the cat playing. Instead I came in the living room and he was sleeping on my chair. ****ing cat.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm not in a good mood. I can't stop thinking about putting an end to things just avoid shame again. I know I'm not going to manage it again and everything is so exhausting that I have barely any energy to do the things I have to do. I've been thinking about it lots. I can't help thinking that it might solve everything. I can't cope with these things any more. I really can't.

ReputationRep:
    Still feel sick and cant sleep
    Got so much to do but dont think my mum and step dad will be impressed if i do it now
    Want to sleep so bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    am such a soggy piece of toast tongiht. sort of want to have a shower to be clean and try to sleep but every time i move it shifts the sadness and all collapses back on me. have to be up early to do important things but i havent taken my meds yet because im terrible and dont know what to do. if i take them i probably wont be able to be up in time but if i dont then that is bad. is tempting to just make like a hedgehog and hibernate under the covers in a puddle but then cant clean and just all the thoughts. this is the wettest sad ive felt for quite a while ive forgotten how to deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sultana)
    am such a soggy piece of toast tongiht. sort of want to have a shower to be clean and try to sleep but every time i move it shifts the sadness and all collapses back on me. have to be up early to do important things but i havent taken my meds yet because im terrible and dont know what to do. if i take them i probably wont be able to be up in time but if i dont then that is bad. is tempting to just make like a hedgehog and hibernate under the covers in a puddle but then cant clean and just all the thoughts. this is the wettest sad ive felt for quite a while ive forgotten how to deal.
    :hugs: Do whatever you feel is right for now, and don't feel bad about it.

Will send super-absorbent towels round to deal with wetness epidemic.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I haven't been around lately. Generally been feeling low and the couple of weeks when I was feeling kind of happy do not even feel real or like they ever happened. I could go on but I should really try and sleep so I'll probably post more tomorrow.

I hope everyone is as ok as they can be and that those starting university are able to have fun :hugs:!

(Original post by avhhs)
    Hey everyone!

Well, I moved into my uni room yesterday :woo:. So far it has been quite decent, my flat has been really quiet so far as most of the people only moved in today, but luckily I knew a couple of people from another flat so spent time with them. Although last night I couldn't stay at a party as long as I wanted because I'd forgotten the entry card for the external door :facepalm:. Luckily there was someone to open the door and it turned out to be a flatmate :laugh:. Couldn't sleep though :sad: also had trouble getting the heating to work but luckily I managed it eventually . At around 5:30am I decided to go out, nothing fancy at all as it was just taking the last night bus into Central London :ninja:. Got back a couple of hours later and I finally managed to fall asleep, waking up by 11.

Now got pizza and drinks later
    It's nice to read that you've moved away for uni! I hope you have an amazing time! From what I remember you live in London... is university far from home? If that's the case I would have probably stayed at home because of pressure from family and being a coward so :woo: for moving!

X
    Thank you again for the invite, I replied to rmhumphries PM but just wanted to say it to you too! Like Poncho said, I hope to meet you one day! Hopefully I'll build up the courage to actually attend a meet up!

I read about your dissertation... what is it about if you don't mind me asking?

I always assumed I would have to do one at university but it's actually an optional module on my course. I couldn't find a topic I felt really interested in and passionate about so I decided against it. Now I'm worrying if I do pass and get a degree, it won't mean that much because I didn't do a dissertation... :/

Goodnight (well, morning!) my lovelies :hugs:.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely awful night. I can't sleep and I can't calm down. Skin feels like there is something crawling all over it and is really itchy. No idea what's triggered everything tonight. Think I'm feeling worse than I have done in a really long time.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't felt like this in ages. That feeling of just crushing catastrophe at the realisation that I need to get up and go to work. Feels like too much. Stupid stupid brain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can I give up now? Before things get any worse?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I have to put things into perspective: I still have another try and just has to get to a different doctor, so that university accept my claims. (Formal stuff, I went to the wrong person and just found out later.)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Methylphenidate for college and Etizolam for sleep, I feel a mess.

ReputationRep:
    I dislike talking on the phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    I dislike talking on the phone
    PRSOM.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So I've written my own psychology research and am currently in the process of getting it published. While very few undegrads become scholars and it's something I should be proud of, the critical nature of rejections and peer review is just soul crushing and I just want to cry. And I want to do research for a living. Urgh I feel so fragile and pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM.
    Haha, I tried ringing up the counselling team but got the wrong number (red faced) and then tried ringing up them again and I had to leave a voice message...which is something I don't like cause I don't know what to say. They rang back and I finally got an appointment (on-going once per week), but now I think I double booked without realising it!! So i'll speak to me ma and see if I have cause I have a sneaky feeling I have double booked and see whether I should change it It's been a manic last few hours

Can I pm ya in a sec? It's not a rant or anything don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    Haha, I tried ringing up the counselling team but got the wrong number (red faced) and then tried ringing up them again and I had to leave a voice message...which is something I don't like cause I don't know what to say. They rang back and I finally got an appointment (on-going once per week), but now I think I double booked without realising it!! So i'll speak to me ma and see if I have cause I have a sneaky feeling I have double booked and see whether I should change it It's been a manic last few hours

Can I pm ya in a sec? It's not a rant or anything don't worry
    :console: Sounds a bit stressful! You get an A for effort though.

And sure.

ReputationRep:
    :console: Sounds a bit stressful! You get an A for effort though.

And sure.
    Judging by my dislike and anxiousness through talking on the phone, I thought I did it quite well *pats myself on the back* :grin:

Merci

ReputationRep:
    Why do trains make me panic so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arranged for a friend to look after my mice when I'm on holiday. Was a bit worried about the idea of putting them in a boarding house, so I'm glad they'll be able to stay at home while I'm away enjoying myself!

ReputationRep:
    Arranged for a friend to look after my mice when I'm on holiday. Was a bit worried about the idea of putting them in a boarding house, so I'm glad they'll be able to stay at home while I'm away enjoying myself!
    Thats really good and you deserve a holiday :yep: your meeces will love it

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.