Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    That guy that talks but no one hears but yet thinks he's relevant...

Your English is bloody atrocious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe so but doesn't mean my point isn't accurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Atom's autism game is strong

I mean, you said I had a poor grasp of the English language, and then didn't think to check your comment for mistakes. Rule #1 for online nazi-grammar attacks - always make sure yours is fine first.
    You have a liking for using autism as your ad homs. You have personal experience in it?

Ps separation =/= divorce.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in here actually attend games? I'm going to the Emirates for the first time next weekend and the ticket (away fans end obvs) cost £64 face value.

Is that normal?! Because it's bloody insane in my book. Horrified when I saw the price.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)
    Anyone in here actually attend games? I'm going to the Emirates for the first time next weekend and the ticket (away fans end obvs) cost £64 face value.

Is that normal?! Because it's bloody insane in my book. Horrified when I saw the price.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doesn't seem normal...the prices are normally £150+. When and where did you buy it from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Stig)
    Doesn't seem normal...the prices are normally £150+. When and where did you buy it from?
    £150+ for one ticket for a single game? I hope that's a joke

It's definitely legit. I have a friend that's a platinum season ticket holder at OT, he applied for the ballot for two aways and got lucky. Sold the other to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    £150+ for one ticket for a single game? I hope that's a joke

It's definitely legit. I have a friend that's a platinum season ticket holder at OT, he applied for the ballot for two aways and got lucky. Sold the other to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well if he sold it to you for that price - you got a pretty good deal lol. He could've got a lot more than 60 quid. And those prices are how it stands currently, I'm not sure about what they stand at when the ballots are open.

I doubt they're anywhere near 60 quid though, considering its an away game and a bit one at that vs Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atom y humber)
    You have a liking for using autism as your ad homs. You have personal experience in it?

Ps separation =/= divorce.

I guess thats me told

ReputationRep:
    It's a piss take tbh, Cat A tickets will sell legitimately on the Arsenal website for £90, but for ****ty seats it's more like £50. But it is what the market demands so there isn't much you can argue about when it's a sell out every game (well I guess there is when you compare our prices to other teams and what they get in return compared to us)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Stig)
    Well if he sold it to you for that price - you got a pretty good deal lol. He could've got a lot more than 60 quid. And those prices are how it stands currently, I'm not sure about what they stand at when the ballots are open.
    Ah I get you. Yes I've no doubt the touts will be asking for £150-£200. But the people I buy off/sell to only deal in face value. The £64 is actually printed on the ticket so I knew that's what he paid anyway.

I hate the touting mentality that exists in football. You shouldn't try and rip off your fellow fans. I've never paid a penny above £40 for a ticket at old Trafford even for the derby last April, and now I have season tickets I wouldn't ask for anymore than that irregardless of how big the game. What goes around comes around and all that.

The reason I asked about the Emirates ticket price is because the face value price seems absurd. So I wondered what season ticket holders pay per game. Or do Arsenal just rip away fans off only?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah I get you. Yes I've no doubt the touts will be asking for £150-£200. But the people I buy off/sell to only deal in face value. The £64 is actually printed on the ticket so I knew that's what he paid anyway.

I hate the touting mentality that exists in football. You shouldn't try and rip off your fellow fans. I've never paid a penny above £40 for a ticket at old Trafford even for the derby last April, and now I have season tickets I wouldn't ask for anymore than that irregardless of how big the game. What goes around comes around and all that.

The reason I asked about the Emirates ticket price is because the face value price seems absurd. So I wondered what season ticket holders pay per game. Or do Arsenal just rip away fans off only?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, they shouldn't but that's how it is :P

Wish I could've gone to this one, can't go to many games lately and definitely not the ones @ OT lol. Either-way lucky you! It should be a very interesting game indeed. Bit too early to put in predictions but right now I think both teams stand equal chances of winning.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in here actually attend games?
    Unintentional rek.
    Well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    It's a piss take tbh, Cat A tickets will sell legitimately on the Arsenal website for £90, but for ****ty seats it's more like £50. But it is what the market demands so there isn't much you can argue about when it's a sell out every game (well I guess there is when you compare our prices to other teams and what they get in return compared to us)
    Is that why it is then? Just because they can really. As you said though, just because they can doesn't mean they should.

Has it always been like this since the Emirates was built? A case of a new stadium so premium prices? For all the moaning I'm still paying it so I don't really help the argument.. :sigh:

Though you don't have much choice if you want to go.. c'est la vie!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is that why it is then? Just because they can really. As you said though, just because they can doesn't mean they should.

Has it always been like this since the Emirates was built? A case of a new stadium so premium prices? For all the moaning I'm still paying it so I don't really help the argument.. :sigh:

Though you don't have much choice if you want to go.. c'est la vie!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would assume Wengs and his economic graduate pals (said half in disgust and half in admiration as a 2nd year econ student myself) have done the analysis and figured out how to maximise prices. For example the Olympiakos game next week hasn't sold out yet but they haven't put it on general sale to make sure people aren't put off paying £40 for red membership just for THE RIGHT to buy tickets to keep that exclusivity and barriers to purchase up. It's absolutely disgraceful tbh, as a student who can only afford to go to 2 or 3 games a season I can't really justify paying £40 on membership just to buy tickets to 2 games (obviously once you have bought your membership there's an incentive to buy more tickets as it means the average price of membership per ticket goes down).
    Normally I'd watch a Capital One cup game but seeing as we have an away tie in a NLD tickets have sold well for tonight and not gone on general sale and we'll probably be dumped out tonight too stopping me from being able to see us in future rounds.

I'm not sure but tickets have always be expensive when I've bought them, but over the years I've only been able to watch Cat C/B games due to availability of tickets and the price for them is more around £35-40 range in ok lower tier seats so it's not always very expensive

ReputationRep:
    Yids trying to take the 'biggest bunch of melts' title of Arsenal.

https://twitter.com/AFCOllie/status/646682996091846657

ReputationRep:

Our ticket prices are a disgrace and sum up modern football. I'm lucky I'm still 17 so I get reasonably priced tickets for home games. As soon as I get on to an adult membership I doubt I'll attend any games as the Emirates, simply due to the price.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Flamini GOAT

ReputationRep:
    Forgot Flamini was still even in the club ffs

ReputationRep:
    Flamini is your joint highest scorer this season.

Joke of a club.

ReputationRep:
    At least we're not the club who can't score more than once against a League Two side at home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Flamini is your joint highest scorer this season.

Joke of a club.
    There's always something ffs init Let Flamini enjoy this!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.