Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    sorry to post here,i'm a man city fan but i think you could sneak second and beat united and chelsea,mourinho will flop and moyes won't do good in his first season.arsenal have the most stable squad in the premier league up to know,and wenger is a great manager,you'll win something this year - keep faith in your team,your the only side that actually produces quality youth players once again sorry for posting good luck - oh and well played for today
    then there's little reason why they won't be able to get of Man City too then.

ReputationRep:
    AFCamden says we're 'close to signing Gustavo' with a couple of other known faces agreeing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    AFCamden says we're 'close to signing Gustavo' with a couple of other known faces agreeing...
    I thought he was dead

Would be stupidly happy if we got him, especially if its for the reported under £15mill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    You're prediction was completely nonsense :laugh:

Mourinho will flop but you guys won't?
    City have always won games they weren't favorites for and lost games that they were favorites for.I'm not here to say we're going win the title (actually playing you at emirates is tough) or we will win the UCL (which we certainly wont for another 6 years at least) but I'm saying that the media underrates you a lot.I can't see a team whose fans haven't stuck by you through thick and thin than Arsenal's.Wenger's done a fantastic job,yet he gets negative press and everyone says he's quitting ? that's ludicrous.

Oh and Cazorla was the signing of the season last year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    then there's little reason why they won't be able to get of Man City too then.
    ah who knows - this could be your year!

ReputationRep:
    The fact these ITKs still haven't wound their knecks in after Zaha is embarassing, afcamden had info on team selection and that because he knew Wilshere but he doesnt know **** about transfer dealings

ReputationRep:
    How did this Perez fella get on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    The fact these ITKs still haven't wound their knecks in after Zaha is embarassing, afcamden had info on team selection and that because he knew Wilshere but he doesnt know **** about transfer dealings
    Unless Jack was giving him info on transfers? Didnt he have Cazorla a week before the media got involved?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisconcertingWink1)
    How did this Perez fella get on?
    He put in a decent shift imo he looked clam and composed on the ball and when he was being closed down. Decent passing but his tackling was off slightly. I need to see more of him to make a proper judgement

ReputationRep:
    Unless Jack was giving him info on transfers? Didnt he have Cazorla a week before the media got involved?
    Yeah he probably did get info off him and thats why it was so hit and miss, I dont really think a current player is gonna be the best source for transfer news personally, dunno about Cazorla but him and everyone else missed badly in January with Zaha, Reina and the whole window in general

ReputationRep:
    Another good finish from Giroud... If he takes this form in to the season then I'm happily putting him in to my fantasy football team, that's for sure..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    sorry to post here,i'm a man city fan but i think you could sneak second and beat united and chelsea,mourinho will flop and moyes won't do good in his first season.arsenal have the most stable squad in the premier league up to know,and wenger is a great manager,you'll win something this year - keep faith in your team,your the only side that actually produces quality youth players once again sorry for posting good luck - oh and well played for today

EDIT : Why the negativity ?
    Mourinho has lost two home league games since 2002, hasn't been below second place since 2001 and won two CL's with squads inferior to the strongest teams, he's the best manager in terms of winning that's around, not to mention he has the highest win percentage of any manager in the PL that's managed for 2 seasons or more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Mourinho has lost two home league games since 2002, hasn't been below second place since 2001 and won two CL's with squads inferior to the strongest teams, he's the best manager in terms of winning that's around, not to mention he has the highest win percentage of any manager in the PL that's managed for 2 seasons or more.
    Guardiola>Mourinho.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Guardiola>Mourinho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why do you say this? Mourinho has proved himself in three domestic leagues aswell as Europe.

Guardiola was able to manage one of the best teams ever, making a few adjustments. I'd like to see what he can do at Bayern first, but I don't think he needs to do much anyways lol. I think he's a tadoverrated (but not saying he's a bad manager)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Guardiola>Mourinho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As of yet nope. He did a great job at barca, but mourinho has shown that he's adaptable, a winner in different leagues and has way more experience than guardiola. Plus his CL titles were at weaker teams than guardiola's barca with little resources so it's not like he can't manage weak teams.

I will change my opinion if pep proves it to me in the next couple of years, while bayern are stronger than us both have the resources to potentially dominate europe over the next few years so despite peps better starting point it would level out eventually. Then we'd get a fairer reflection on the two's ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    Why do you say this? Mourinho has proved himself in three domestic leagues aswell as Europe.

Guardiola was able to manage one of the best teams ever, making a few adjustments. I'd like to see what he can do at Bayern first, but I don't think he needs to do much anyways lol. I think he's a tadoverrated (but not saying he's a bad manager)
    I'd say 4. Despite his last season at real madrid he did a good job considering barca were absolutely dominating before he came(although pellegrini could have done at least a similar job I feel).

ReputationRep:
    Guardiola went from managing one of the best teams in history to managing the best team atm.

Mourinho didnt have that luxury at inter, porto and even chelsea and put a decent job vs barca at rm at times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Guardiola>Mourinho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh please...

I wouldn't even put Guardiola ahead of Jurgen klopp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    Guardiola went from managing one of the best teams in history to managing the best team atm.

Mourinho didnt have that luxury at inter, porto and even chelsea and put a decent job vs barca at rm at times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mourinho is better then Guardiola for now. Hes been around longer and more consistent. All we have right now is 3 seasons of Guardiola talk about it in 3-4 more seasons then decide.

However I disagree about that first comment.

We were not the best team in the world when he took over. that happened after he took over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Mourinho is better then Guardiola for now. Hes been around longer and more consistent. All we have right now is 3 seasons of Guardiola talk about it in 3-4 more seasons then decide.

However I disagree about that first comment.

We were not the best team in the world when he took over. that happened after he took over.
    That is true but a talent pool of messi xavi iniesta busquets even valdes was perfect for Guardiolas style.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.