Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    :laugh:

Only mentioned it as these vague mid sized cities always seem to have these eccentric kinds. People who have 'hobbies' and never miss an episode of Top Gear.
    Wrexham is a town But you were spot on with that one as he is how I see your stereotypical ACDC fan too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Wrexham is a town But you were spot on with that one as he is how I see your stereotypical ACDC fan too!
    Always felt that in towns like Wrexham, every day feels like a Sunday. Dont mean that in a bad or a good way, but that's the vibe!

Incidentally, when is 'Cash in the Attic' coming to London anyway? Swear they only visit places like Northampton and Blackburn?

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody help?

I have a Macbook bought in the UK, I want to buy a DVD box set unavailable in the UK. The DVDs are "region free", will this definitely work on my 2012 UK Macbook? Want to watch at uni so will have to be on DVD player?

Thanks TSR Football people
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Can somebody help?

I have a Macbook bought in the UK, I want to buy a DVD box set unavailable in the UK. The DVDs are "region free", will this definitely work on my 2012 UK Macbook? Want to watch at uni so will have to be on DVD player?

Thanks TSR Football people
    I always thought that the region settings were irrelevant if you're watching on a laptop? Someone correct me if i'm wrong...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I always thought that the region settings were irrelevant if you're watching on a laptop? Someone correct me if i'm wrong...
    No. I was studying in Australia and got DVDs out of the uni library. That was region 4. My UK Macbook told me I "can change the region only 4 more times", so I had to do it. I can only do it twice more. But these dvds are "region free", so I hope to just watch on Macbook.

Basically just need to know if with the region free it is irrelevant and if they will work on UK Macbook, and also could do with knowing if they will work on UK Xbox 360 and UK PS4. Thanks brah.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I miss FKLW

ReputationRep:
    Always felt that in towns like Wrexham, every day feels like a Sunday. Dont mean that in a bad or a good way, but that's the vibe!

Incidentally, when is 'Cash in the Attic' coming to London anyway? Swear they only visit places like Northampton and Blackburn?
    You could say the same about the football team, sometimes it feels like I'm watching a Sunday League team!

I know what you mean though, I think a lot of Wrexham people just hop over to Chester if it's to do shopping / go on a night out etc as it's a much nicer place with a lot more going on. Before you think I'm one of these Wrexham freaks who doesn't miss an episode of Top Gear and rocks my head to ACDC music...I don't actually live in (or near) Wrexham, but all these things you're throwing about "your typical Wrexham folk and place" I can absolutely relate to from just supporting the club for 17 or so years.

I didn't see you as a Cash in the Attic type of person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I miss FKLW
    He's still active on Kik along with the rest of the gang, that's why we asked you to join
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    He's still active on Kik along with the rest of the gang, that's why we asked you to join
    Oh is he? That's nice. Have u guys asked him why he's not on tsr?

ReputationRep:
    Click on his profile and you'll see he's permanently banned. Who needs him anyway, we can have a little fun ourselves

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LosingDogs)
    Click on his profile and you'll see he's permanently banned. Who needs him anyway, we can have a little fun ourselves

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fk...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    You could say the same about the football team, sometimes it feels like I'm watching a Sunday League team!

I know what you mean though, I think a lot of Wrexham people just hop over to Chester if it's to do shopping / go on a night out etc as it's a much nicer place with a lot more going on. Before you think I'm one of these Wrexham freaks who doesn't miss an episode of Top Gear and rocks my head to ACDC music...I don't actually live in (or near) Wrexham, but all these things you're throwing about "your typical Wrexham folk and place" I can absolutely relate to from just supporting the club for 17 or so years.

I didn't see you as a Cash in the Attic type of person.

Dont really watch TV at all tbh, but if I am watching anything at that time of day, then it's got to be Jeremy Kyle. The human zoo.

ReputationRep:
    Human zoo I'm dying :lol:
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LosingDogs)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you FK?? Hmmm

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear this Jammy. Yeah a number of grad schemes I've seen ask for a driving license, Aldi for example. I passed third time, about 30 lessons, quite expensive, and took about a year and a half of doing it on and off. My mate passed in about 3 months though, so it's doable quick if you put your mind to it.
    Which is invariably illegal. There are many people who can't drive due to medical reasons, and these people are protected under the Equality Act 2010. Unless driving is an actual requirement for the job (driving itself, not necessarily willingness to travel) then it shouldn't be stated as a requirement.

I do hate employers.

I've never even known them go to Blackburn. They rarely venture into the midlands, it seems, let alone the north (and never the real north). I think I saw them go to affluent Cheshire once or twice. It's all the Home Counties.

ReputationRep:
    Eboracum is always looking to make new friends, even in his third year. I have made a fantastic new Japanese friend who has invited me to his society, what a great man. :cool:

(Original post by River85)
    Which is invariably illegal. There are many people who can't drive due to medical reasons, and these people are protected under the Equality Act 2010. Unless driving is an actual requirement for the job (driving itself, not necessarily willingness to travel) then it shouldn't be stated as a requirement.
    River! At last!

I wanted to ask you a few weeks ago...I've received a Masters offers from your university (the purple one) and I'm considering it. Tell me about it! Which college would you recommend? What is the night life like? What are the societies like? Would you recommend? Thanks!

I miss FKLW
    I miss FK as well. When this poster originally arrived, it was a woman, and then she had a sex change to a man. FK was one of the few anti-Moyes critics along with me, and to an extent Nathan.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Perm banned. He was given more than enough chances.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Eboracum is always looking to make new friends, even in his third year. I have made a fantastic new Japanese friend who has invited me to his society, what a great man. :cool:

River! At last!

I wanted to ask you a few weeks ago...I've received a Masters offers from your university (the purple one) and I'm considering it. Tell me about it! Which college would you recommend? What is the night life like? What are the societies like? Would you recommend? Thanks!

I miss FK as well. When this poster originally arrived, it was a woman, and then she had a sex change to a man. FK was one of the few anti-Moyes critics along with me, and to an extent Nathan.
    Yeah he was great! Clearly silly too as he's got himself permanently banned he must miss this place though...

(Original post by sr90)
    Perm banned. He was given more than enough chances.
    Aw

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh offer from University College London, so happy! :eek: So tempted, the joint 5th in the world thing is tempting. Have to keep up with the grad job options however and see what happens.

Title is over. How the **** do you stop Chelsea. It's becoming like the SPL with Celtic's dominance.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you want to name it? My university? I wish I were the Vice-Chancellor! How I'd shake the place up and would love his six figure salary.

No college, they're all pretentious! Seriously, depends on what you are after in a college. Do you want to be close to your department, what accomodation do you want, postgrad only? (if postgrad only this doesn't leave you with much choice!).

Personally I'd go with Cuth's (which was my college) or Ustinov, neither of which are actually colleges in a techincal sense, though they essentially are. Ustinov because it's postgrad only and I had enough of undergraduates as an undergrad, Cuth's because it is a "friendly" college, to use a cliche, Has a good mixture of local, part-time, independent and state school students, and is widely regarded as having the best college bar (Josephone Butler, which is the newest college, has the largest bar, but not necessarily the best). However, it is a Bailey college, and if you're living in accommodation you'll likely be based in the city centre so a good 20 minutes plus walk from SGIA, should that be your department.

Nightlife is, as you'd expect, awful. Some decent pubs and restaurants, but the clubs are generally rubbish/average and small in number. Shopping isn't fantastic, either.

Societies, in terms of the number of them, is impressive. Some better run than others. Still, better than average, Student Union is historically poor though.

Strong in sport if that interests you.

Is this an offer from SGIA, or another department, for I do have some things to say about SGIA if it is.

Still a better start than van Gaal, after spending less too. I have no idea what's going on in the United thread these days though.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.