Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
it's hard to live with someone with depression. It can be frustrating, especially if you don't understand and she's probably just saying what she is because of that.
My mum's always bringing up that selfish crap so I know where you're coming from. It's never about how rubbish you're feeling or the consequences to you of your actions; it's always what people will think about her. I don't know about you but it seriously gets on my tits. I've learned just to ignore it now because, in the end, we're the ones who have to live with our own choices and should do what's best for ourselves. If you needed time away from your education, or even an end to your education then you haven't made a mistake and you shouldn't feel badly for it.

glad that there's something there to cheer you up

is your dad around often? maybe you could take your brother and sister out for a walk or something if you know he's coming home. just to get some peace from the house (i know the main arguments in my house normally start when someone gets home)
Thanks hun :hugs:

No, Dad isn't here very often at all. He lives in France and works around the world but he's here at the minute buying my car. He's had to stay here until we've picked it up and now it's had to go back to the garage to be fixed He's got a flight back on Thursday though so only a few more days. To be honest, I'll miss him being here. We get on pretty well now even though he's pretty heartless and doesn't understand how I feel or the lack of job situation. But yeah...will probably see him in a couple of weeks if I'm allowed to go skiing, if not, then until July or August.

I haven't decided to end my education at all. I've just decided to take a different route so need more qualifications and stuff which Mum says is bad because I'm not using those that I got before I was 18. So even though I'm still in education (CIM marketing course and an NVQ on the go), it doesn't count in her mind

I can understand what she's saying but it seems twisted and hurtful. Thing is, I do feel guilty. I feel guilty for letting her down and because I told one person outside the house about something and she then found out. And because I told someone about Gavin that wasn't her and she then told my Mum and Mum is NOT happy at all about that so I don't mention his name at all now. I guess I just have to pretend our friendship is over to her even though it really isn't.
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ugh. been turned down. by the one person i've felt the most for in my entire life. only a few days ago i was convinced it was going to work. in fact it seemed so certain, some of my housemates were literally betting money on how soon we'd be together. getting sick of this. couldn't give a damn about the sex, it's just the affection that i miss. been crying for about 12 hours, had no sleep at all. it was probably the most friendly rejection imaginable though. to be fair i would have preferred a short, sharp "**** off". must now practise showing my face to housemates without blubbing uncontrollably.
chronic bachelorhood FTW

how the **** does everyone else manage to be so happy?

plus i think i've broken my arm, it's been in constant agony for that same 12 hours, and i can't pick anything up. this was painful to type. isn't this great.
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't get a wink of sleep last night, started work at 7.30 got off at 3.30, came home and cleaned up the kitchen then finished off the chicken hutch, got into my pyjamas and got into bed. mum comes home and starts shouting at me for being lazy, lying in bed like a slob all day, and having not done the washing up.
I couldn't even be arsed to argue.

I feel like topping myself. nothing's changing.
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't get a wink of sleep last night, started work at 7.30 got off at 3.30, came home and cleaned up the kitchen then finished off the chicken hutch, got into my pyjamas and got into bed. mum comes home and starts shouting at me for being lazy, lying in bed like a slob all day, and having not done the washing up.
I couldn't even be arsed to argue.

I feel like topping myself. nothing's changing.
You need to get outta there. No chance of just moving out?
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
You need to get outta there. No chance of just moving out?
the only way I could afford it would be to get fired from my jobs and I really don't want to be unemployed again

she's not home very often or for very long, it's just that while she is home she doesn't stop moaning. I'm starting to hate the woman if I'm honest.
FizzBitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ugh. been turned down. by the one person i've felt the most for in my entire life. only a few days ago i was convinced it was going to work. in fact it seemed so certain, some of my housemates were literally betting money on how soon we'd be together. getting sick of this. couldn't give a damn about the sex, it's just the affection that i miss. been crying for about 12 hours, had no sleep at all. it was probably the most friendly rejection imaginable though. to be fair i would have preferred a short, sharp "**** off". must now practise showing my face to housemates without blubbing uncontrollably.
chronic bachelorhood FTW

how the **** does everyone else manage to be so happy?

plus i think i've broken my arm, it's been in constant agony for that same 12 hours, and i can't pick anything up. this was painful to type. isn't this great.
:hugs:
That sucks, especially as it seemed like it was gonna work
Hope you feel better soon. Have you talked to any of your housemates about it? Maybe talking to them would help a little, or if you don't wanna talk just hanging out with them might take your mind of it a bit. Even if you don't really feel up to being around other people it's sometimes better than sitting alone - well I find it is anyway...

How is your arm?
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fizz*****)
That sucks, especially as it seemed like it was gonna work
Hope you feel better soon. Have you talked to any of your housemates about it? Maybe talking to them would help a little, or if you don't wanna talk just hanging out with them might take your mind of it a bit. Even if you don't really feel up to being around other people it's sometimes better than sitting alone - well I find it is anyway...
Spoken to a few, not really in the mood to speak to anyone though. I've reached a state whereby they seem to respect me quite a lot even though I don't spend all that much time with them anymore. It's not that I don't like them. I've gone really introverted the last few weeks, and this girl is definitely part of it. I've changed in some fairly significant way over the last few weeks.
How is your arm?
******* painful. Need to get this **** properly sorted out. But need to do so much work tomorrow.
FizzBitch
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it's hard to live with someone with depression. It can be frustrating, especially if you don't understand and she's probably just saying what she is because of that.
My mum's always bringing up that selfish crap so I know where you're coming from. It's never about how rubbish you're feeling or the consequences to you of your actions; it's always what people will think about her. I don't know about you but it seriously gets on my tits. I've learned just to ignore it now because, in the end, we're the ones who have to live with our own choices and should do what's best for ourselves. If you needed time away from your education, or even an end to your education then you haven't made a mistake and you shouldn't feel badly for it.
I can completely relate to you and pinksapphires about parents seeming like they only care about how THEY look. I know it must be reaaaally frustrating for parents when we make decisions they can't understand, but I wish they would realise we have to make these decisions if we want to improve our life, and that we aren't doing it to be difficult or lazy.
I hate it as well when they assume you don't care about your future, when in fact you care ever so much.
FizzBitch
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Spoken to a few, not really in the mood to speak to anyone though. I've reached a state whereby they seem to respect me quite a lot even though I don't spend all that much time with them anymore. It's not that I don't like them. I've gone really introverted the last few weeks, and this girl is definitely part of it. I've changed in some fairly significant way over the last few weeks.

******* painful. Need to get this **** properly sorted out. But need to do so much work tomorrow.
You should really go to A&E, the sooner you sort it out the better really. How did you (possibly) break it?
blackfish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can relate as well to death.drop and pinksapphires. I was at my parents on saturday. They went out with my sister. So i decided to go into the garden and listen to some music. an hour passed and I was still out there. So I came in and looked at my CV. then they came home.

Now normally I would do some tidying up or do the washing up at the least. But on this occasion I was feeling pretty cr*ppy, and didn't bother. Well my parents kicked off about it saying I never do my bit and completely went off on one. Whenever I do the tidying up or washing up in their eyes I always do something wrong. Damned if I do, Damned if I don't

I'm feeling pretty rubbish at the moment, I'm on the way home and have stopped in Wetherspoons and i'm eyeing up a chocolate muffin... :rolleyes:

Nobody ever seems to notice me, and when they do, I get the evil looks, Why can't I just be accepted for a change :cries:
FizzBitch
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What's it like coming off antidepressants? I'm thinking about coming off Fluoxetine because I've been on it for 5 months, had the doseage increased a couple of times, and I don't think it has helped, in fact I think it has made me worse. I will talk to my psychiatrist before coming off them, and I know you have to slowly decrease the doseage over a month or two.

Is there any sort of good/bad time to come off antidepressants? I have exams starting in May which I already feel stressed about, and I'm worried that coming off them will really interfere with my college work and revision when I get round to it.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm coming off of seroxat at the moment, so far it hasn't been too bad. Prozac ought to be one of the easiest SSRIs to come off because it has such a long half life. Make sure you talk to your doctor about it all first though and discuss a proper regiment of withdrawal.
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You should really go to A&E, the sooner you sort it out the better really. How did you (possibly) break it?
I broke the wrist last year when I fell over while running (drunk) across a car park. This year I play dodgeball several times a week, and since I last played my wrist and my elbow have been endlessly throbbing. it's the kind of thing you'd expect to go away on its own after a few hours, but it hasn't.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just got back from the gym. Feeling pretty good, running and listening to queen makes me feel gooood. Just wish it lasted longer

How's everyone else tonight?

Fizz*****, if you start coming off now you should be alright by the time of your exams. But are you sure they're having no effect, you wouldn't want to come off only to find they were holding something much worse at bay? Just a suggestion. Also are you replacing them with anything? Like counselling, CBT or other meds? Hope it goes alright for you.
FizzBitch
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Fizz*****, if you start coming off now you should be alright by the time of your exams. But are you sure they're having no effect, you wouldn't want to come off only to find they were holding something much worse at bay? Just a suggestion. Also are you replacing them with anything? Like counselling, CBT or other meds? Hope it goes alright for you.

Yep I'm already seeing a counsellor, will be seeing her for another two months (until I'm 18), and then I think I'm being referred to someone else. My meds have possibly helped a little with my sleeping, but that's it, and if I went off them I doubt I'd feel any worse than I do now. I think I've got worse since I've been on medication, like when I was younger I used to self harm a lot, but then I stopped for a couple of years and I honestly thought I would never do it again because I know it doesn't help in the long run, but I've self harmed a few times since I've been on fluoxetine, and last week I took an overdose of fluoxetine and paracetomel and had to be rushed in an ambulance to hospital, and the doctors were considering whether I should be admitted to hospital for a while. Doing that stuff is really unlike me, and since I've been on fluoxetine I just seem to be impulsive and irrational...
Anyway thanks for your reply
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yep I'm already seeing a counsellor, will be seeing her for another two months (until I'm 18), and then I think I'm being referred to someone else. My meds have possibly helped a little with my sleeping, but that's it, and if I went off them I doubt I'd feel any worse than I do now. I think I've got worse since I've been on medication, like when I was younger I used to self harm a lot, but then I stopped for a couple of years and I honestly thought I would never do it again because I know it doesn't help in the long run, but I've self harmed a few times since I've been on fluoxetine, and last week I took an overdose of fluoxetine and paracetomel and had to be rushed in an ambulance to hospital, and the doctors were considering whether I should be admitted to hospital for a while. Doing that stuff is really unlike me, and since I've been on fluoxetine I just seem to be impulsive and irrational...
I know where your coming from with that comment. I was on fluoxetine myself for about a month. I started off feeling a bit strange and then I went down hill very quickly. Got to the point where I nearly topped myself before the doctor took me off it.

If you ever want to talk you can PM me or i'm sure the other dep soc members won't mind
raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had the same reaction to fluoxetine, and came straight off it. For me it made me worse, not better!
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
I had the same reaction to fluoxetine, and came straight off it. For me it made me worse, not better!

Hi rb, how're you?
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
assessment actually went ok.
pretty bad that the guy actually had to go get more paper to write on in addition to the booklet though lol. you never realise how much is wrong until you write it all out.
it made me feel a lot more validated for being depressed though.

Plus I got my chickens yesterday and I touched them for the first time today
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Everything's going wrong today. I want to change course but I need a 2:1 and all the half decent modules for the ****** course I'm on atm aren't running for next year. So it's now basically 2:1 or dropping out. I can't drop out again but I'm finding concentration in lectures absolutely impossible.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (467)
38.06%
No - but I will (95)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.09%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (578)
47.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed