Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Llorente caps yet another outstanding performance with an exquisite finish. The guy is class.
    Meh, poor man's Jelavic.

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to the final

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluenose14)
    Meh, poor man's Jelavic.
    delusion :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What an instinctive strike by Llorente.

Bilbao :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    delusion :rolleyes:
    Was only joking like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim_Metrin)
    Possibly have to be the most anti Barca person ive ever seen.
    ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluenose14)
    Was only joking like.
    Dont worry i know haha i saw your were an everton fan just having a bit of banter

ReputationRep:
    Should be a good final.

Hopefully Atleti can repeat the heroics of 2010

ReputationRep:
    Athletic vs. Atlético

I can't wait to see all the puns and other creative advertising the media uses to promote the final.

ReputationRep:
    Another night, another Spanish team out of Europe.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Nolito had a great start to the season and then JJ started to bench him and then Nolito went all quiet. He rarely gets the 90 minutes though and a lot of his appearances have been 20 or so minutes at the end of the game or he’ll get subbed at some point if he starts. He’s a bit frustrating at times as he seems to think he can take everyone on when there is good pass nearby or something but I didn’t quite understand how he fell so out of favour with JJ to hardly play him. I still like him though and I haven’t managed to dislike Artur despite the fact he has saved you on so many occasions this season. :rolleyes:

Ha, we didn’t ruin it. If anything you just didn’t capitalise on Porto playing so shockingly bad and having a ******** of a manager in charge. I really feel this season could have so easily been yours. We don’t actually deserve to win the league. We have not had a performance or consistency in our performances to make it feel like we have been good enough to win the league.

The 3-2 against you was so lucky and not deserved. We just haven’t played like a team and a lot of the score lines in the Liga have flattered us. Like the 4-0 against Uniao seems to pop to mind, that flattered us tremendously especially since they had 10 men too and just couldn’t do anything to break them down. I know last season was a difficult one to follow but I didn’t expect losing AVB and Falcao would have messed us up that much considering the rest all stayed. Like i've said to you already, it's a miracle that a manager like VP can (so close but not yet) win the league.

This should have been a time for Sporting to be up there battling for the league too as they have a decent bunch of players who could actually win something. But they have been poor up front. Are any of them actually into double figures? Possibly only RvW but i doubt it is by much. But i feel they've kinda redeemed themsevles a bit by getting to the final of the Taca and having one foot currently in the Europa final.
    That's also a problem that JJ needs to sort out. He always favours "his" players. The ones he likes. Or the ones that came to Benfica on his recommendation. I'm almost definitely sure that Nolito was a Rui Costa purchase, while Bruno Cesar was a JJ recommendation. Same with Capdevila and Emerson. JJ just does not like admiting when he's wrong, and that has cost us a lot over the past two seasons...

And yeh, I guess it's true that we did mess up when it was pretty much in our hands >_<

The CL was disappointing. Wanted RM to get to the final and win and for Mourinho to cement his legendary status once and for all >_<

Oh well... its anyones to win now. Bayern will have the upper hand though.

And Sporting were unlucky tonight. Conceeded goals at the worst possible moments. But Bilbao were excellent as well, some excellent players there...

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this has been mentioned prior to this but...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17855980

Would be a sad day for Barcelona and for football, in my opinion. He has been nothing short of phenomenal.

ReputationRep:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lEuWTdGzQf0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Not sure if this has been mentioned prior to this but...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17855980

Would be a sad day for Barcelona and for football, in my opinion. He has been nothing short of phenomenal.
    it really would be sad. The guy has done so much for them, its clear the pressure and stress of managing such a club has taken its toll on him which is so sad to see. He needs a break though and he deserves it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bryci)
    it really would be sad. The guy has done so much for them, its clear the pressure and stress of managing such a club has taken its toll on him which is so sad to see. He needs a break though and he deserves it.
    Mmm. I hope he'll be back and will assist another club to play a similar quality of football to Barcelona, with similar success. It's been hard for him in the last week or so, and there's been some well-publicised evidence that the pressure was adversely affecting him. The big question, though, is: who next for Barcelona? It's going to be nigh on impossible for them to emulate Guardiola - I think he's the epitome of the phrase 'tough act to follow'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Mmm. I hope he'll be back and will assist another club to play a similar quality of football to Barcelona, with similar success. It's been hard for him in the last week or so, and there's been some well-publicised evidence that the pressure was adversely affecting him. The big question, though, is: who next for Barcelona? It's going to be nigh on impossible for them to emulate Guardiola - I think he's the epitome of the phrase 'tough act to follow'...
    I think by the end of last season he had averaged a trophy every 15 games. Not even worth trying to follow that :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    I think by the end of last season he had averaged a trophy every 15 games. Not even worth trying to follow that :lolwut:
    Is that so? :eek3: What a record that is. If he can get even half of that success at another club he has to be up there for greatest manager of this generation...

The question is where would Guardiola go after this? People say PL but where then?

Only ManU and to a certain extent, Arsenal seem to be logical choices for him. Don't know where else...

Spurs won't be that attractive, Man City will probably tell him "here is a some money, no go buy players and win" which I don't really think is his style. Chelsea is possible but unlikely...

ReputationRep:
    Sabbatical for two years. Then the Spanish job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aa22)
    That's also a problem that JJ needs to sort out. He always favours "his" players. The ones he likes. Or the ones that came to Benfica on his recommendation. I'm almost definitely sure that Nolito was a Rui Costa purchase, while Bruno Cesar was a JJ recommendation. Same with Capdevila and Emerson. JJ just does not like admiting when he's wrong, and that has cost us a lot over the past two seasons...

And yeh, I guess it's true that we did mess up when it was pretty much in our hands >_<

The CL was disappointing. Wanted RM to get to the final and win and for Mourinho to cement his legendary status once and for all >_<

Oh well... its anyones to win now. Bayern will have the upper hand though.

And Sporting were unlucky tonight. Conceeded goals at the worst possible moments. But Bilbao were excellent as well, some excellent players there...
    I think JJ is one of those guys that could possibly turn on you quickly if you put one foot wrong. I don't think he can take criticism all too well and finds every possible excuse to why the team messed up and not admit it was him who was actually wrong with the decisions he made. The whole thing between him and Cap has just been silly. The past few times Cap has played he's played well and it doesn't quite make sense why he's been so out of favour. I thought he was going to be first team when he first joined, as did everyone else. And didn't JJ even say that he was going to be his first choice in the press conference? (Or it was in one of the papers? I remember seeing it somewhere). Like with Amorim too, he said one comment about JJ and his managerial style and then he gets sent off to Braga on loan. Then Nolito, i know there is a bit of inconsistency and frustration to him, but surely not that much to go so out of favour!? JJ just comes across as one of those stubborn, grumpy little man who has a short fuse and it's his way or else.

Ha, I just don't think you're liking football this season. It seems to be "one of those seasons" for you . Would have been nice for Jose but i don't actually like Real Madrid. I seem to favour Los Rojiblancos as the team i look out for most in Spain, and considering Atleti's start to the season whilst Manzano was around, for Simeone to get them to the final of the Europa not bad going. Hopefully Falcao can win it two seasons in a row as well. I don't think any Porto fan could possibly fall out of love with that guy despite being there only a couple of seasons.

Conceding just before half time didn't help Sporting and they were shattered in that 2nd half. If only they took more of their chances in the first leg i guess but overall Bilbao deserved it. Would have been good for Sporting but at least Sa Pinto can no longer be so smug. Still the Taca for them but every part of me will be backing Pedro Emanuel to win something in his first season and Sporting remain trophyless!

Anyway, we beat Maritimo and you lose against Rio Ave (ha!) and we'll be campeoes (although part of me wants to win the league against Sporting next week...).

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.