Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by incipientT)
    realistic

Because it leads the person being questioned to interpret things in a particular way and also makes it much more likely for a slip of the tongue to occur than if they were providing information in there own words. I think that could be grounds for dismissing most of your "evidence" from a court

:rolleyes: Paranoid

lol exactly so if you're guilty you'd interpret it in those terms, make my job so much easier so I thank you for you suggestion/ advice but I'm not going to heed to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.gafor)
    :lol: My beliefs are based on facts (not mine and not yours either, just facts), thank you

It's a new world we live in now so other than torture, I can pretty much use everything to get a confession, evil expression is the least damaging of them all btw still not leering

considering the fact that the crime occurred quite some time ago, I've no choice but to begin with the "flimsiest" of evidence but that's not to say there won't be other "strong" evidence in the future
    Well, I'll leave that uncontested for now #humouring

Hmm, you'd best be careful or higher authorities will take an interest (ruining your little power trip in the process )

Ah, so now you admit that you don't have any strong evidence yet!? Clearly I was right- after all this time, if there was something to it you should've been able to provide some solid evidence

ReputationRep:
    :lol: Good to know

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: Paranoid

lol exactly so if you're guilty you'd interpret it in those terms, make my job so much easier so I thank you for you suggestion/ advice but I'm not going to heed to it
    On your own head be it, can't say I didn't warn you

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'll leave that uncontested for now #humouring

Hmm, you'd best be careful or higher authorities will take an interest (ruining your little power trip in the process )

Ah, so now you admit that you don't have any strong evidence yet!? Clearly I was right- after all this time, if there was something to it you should've been able to provide some solid evidence
    #Truth

Higher authorities? Piffft there's no bigger power than people power so nice try to scare me but not good enough

first of, I used quotes to emphasise that they were relative terms and your words and secondly, that's how I began with I didn't say that's the case now

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    On your own head be it, can't say I didn't warn you

seems to me like you warned yourself from a potential slip of tongue

ReputationRep:
    #Truth

Higher authorities? Piffft there's no bigger power than people power so nice try to scare me but not good enough

first of, I used quotes to emphasise that they were relative terms and your words and secondly, that's how I began with I didn't say that's the case now
    Oh, me?

You don't have the people on your side, but #humouring

you said that it didn't mean there wouldn't be stronger evidence in the future, implying that there isn't strong evidence at present.

ReputationRep:
    seems to me like you warned yourself from a potential slip of tongue
    How'd you figure? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, me?

You don't have the people on your side, but #humouring

you said that it didn't mean there wouldn't be stronger evidence in the future, implying that there isn't strong evidence at present.
    :no:

If people weren't on my side, I wouldn't be here #WishfulThinking

Again relative term hence the quotes and also stronger means more strong than the current level of strength and you've assumed that to be still "flimsy" so it's your assumptions that are letting you down

ReputationRep:
    How'd you figure? :curious:

Because you were worrying about a potential slip of tongue simple

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    :no:

If people weren't on my side, I wouldn't be here #WishfulThinking

Again relative term hence the quotes and also stronger means more strong than the current level of strength and you've assumed that to be still "flimsy" so it's your assumptions that are letting you down
    You do know what the 'T' in my user name is for, right?

How do you figure? :curious: There's no need for a vote to get into this thread

Well, you chose to use the word flimsy, quotes or no quotes :P
    Because you were worrying about a potential slip of tongue simple
    Are you actually hoping to base your case on a slip of the tongue? This just goes to show, you aren't interested in accuracy, just convicting me...

ReputationRep:
    You do know what the 'T' in my user name is for, right?

How do you figure? :curious: There's no need for a vote to get into this thread

Well, you chose to use the word flimsy, quotes or no quotes :P

Are you actually hoping to base your case on a slip of the tongue? This just goes to show, you aren't interested in accuracy, just convicting me...

Tyrant?

i know because I'm from the people I live amongst them, not in some Mod mansion but you wouldn't understand all that, you're too corrup with your own power to see anything else

just closing your eyes and pretending something isn't there doesnt mean it's gone so there is a big different between the presence and absence of quotes

everything counts have you never heard of gathering evidence?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Tyrant?

i know because I'm from the people I live amongst them, not in some Mod mansion but you wouldn't understand all that, you're too corrup with your own power to see anything else

just closing your eyes and pretending something isn't there doesnt mean it's gone so there is a big different between the presence and absence of quotes

everything counts have you never heard of gathering evidence?
    Nope

Ditto Sadly, mods don't get mansions :sad:

yeah, but not in that way

lol, if someone just uses the wrong word, says 'yes' when they meant 'no' then that isn't evidence in the first place

ReputationRep:
    Djsmfndjgtdjdntvngd

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ++

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 28, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.