Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    You're talking about 3 or 4 players though, CDM, CB ST and potentially a winger
    What?! No I'm not!!

The two players we needed that needed to be world class were a ST and DM. The players that left were not on crazy wages and I'd expect their replacements to be on similar, if anything less, Chambers and Ospina spring to mind more so than Debuchy. They needed to be of a similar level or possibly better.

Sanchez was not necessary. As happy as I am to have him, he wasn't what needed to be addressed, I saw a winger as more of a luxury signing. He could turn out to be a Suarez type of he could end up being a Reyes, only time will tell.

All we have done this year is replace those that have left and signed Sanchez.

We could have afforded a WC ST this and pay them a competitive wage, alone with a DM.

We will never agree on this!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jason Bent...........loooooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    wtfh is that lad doing wit hthe potato on ssn? at arsenal.. guy holding up a potato..

Bit of a knob
    We had a potato kid last year as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    We had a potato kid last year as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh really? why? whats it about? feel like im missing something..

Surely there must be a meaning to the potato, no one just thinks im on tele.. lets whack out the spuds..

ReputationRep:
    wtfh is that lad doing wit hthe potato on ssn? at arsenal.. guy holding up a potato..

Bit of a knob
    embarrassing

ReputationRep:
    Ozil was announced much earlier on in the day as well
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    FINITO.

I've said it all day ffs but now i'm done. We're not signing anybody believe me so forget what you hear on twitter because it's not happening. Dreams sold, hopes raised, promises made. SSN EVEN TROLLED US WITH WELBECK FFS. I'm ****ing done. Forget it.

ReputationRep:
    Im getting annoyed at all these sky sports people keeping saying 'Arsenal really need a striker' 'What will they do if they dont get a striker'

Way to miss the bigger picture..

A few days ago, a CB was a must for wenger, and sometihng he confirmed he would get.. whats happened to that? or are we going into the season with only 2 CBs? and 2 other players who can play that position if needed? (one is 19...)

And a midfielder? more important then a striker for me.. why is no one talking about this?

I dont want to get welbeck in, or some other player, if we are still getting destroyed in the middle and on the break...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    embarrassing
    me? feel like im missing something? whats with the potato?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Ozil was announced much earlier on in the day as well

No it wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    see, now that fan has a big purple dildo... makes sense..

But a potato

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    What?! No I'm not!!

The two players we needed that needed to be world class were a ST and DM. The players that left were not on crazy wages and I'd expect their replacements to be on similar, if anything less, Chambers and Ospina spring to mind more so than Debuchy. They needed to be of a similar level or possibly better.

Sanchez was not necessary. As happy as I am to have him, he wasn't what needed to be addressed, I saw a winger as more of a luxury signing. He could turn out to be a Suarez type of he could end up being a Reyes, only time will tell.

All we have done this year is replace those that have left and signed Sanchez.

We could have afforded a WC ST this and pay them a competitive wage, alone with a DM.

We will never agree on this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree we need a DM striker wise I think I'll just about be happy with a loan deal, but welbeck on a permanent he may turn out to be another Sturridge.

Woah!!! Don't start hating on Reyes, he was my favourite player when I was 8!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)

No it wasn't.
    It was being reported all day, the deal was agreed hours earlier, perhaps even the night before, however the finishing touches weren't put in place until right up to the deadline.

ReputationRep:
    me? feel like im missing something? whats with the potato?
    no, the lads at the emirates. i can feel a potato related death imminent in the emirates area though.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    https://vine.co/v/OBUpUzprdUK

LMFAO this just happened live!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)

No it wasn't.
    Nah nah nah not even we were hearing about it in the morning

What you've posted is just when it was officially confirmed

ReputationRep:
    Breaking news on Sky Sports: Arsenal have confirmed that Danny Welbeck has completed his £27million move to Manchester United.

ReputationRep:
    wenger dug his own grave, boasting that deadline day was like a game of poker.. got all confident, and has now messed up badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Breaking news on Sky Sports: Arsenal have confirmed that Danny Welbeck has completed his £27million move to Manchester United.
    I wonder how many arsenal fans would actually take this.. I think a few would, even though its so high, just because of the desperation
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Nah nah nah not even we were hearing about it in the morning

What you've posted is just when it was officially confirmed
    Wow where was I that day then? It just came out the blue for me in that moment, ok then.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.