What a load of propaganda ****e.
    The you can of course refute any of the points made by the poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Clockwork Apple)
    From Hamas, I suppose?
    from isreal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExcitedPup)
    Actually, Ashkenazi Jew and European Jew is not a synonym. In fact, the sephardic Jews were the first to set up a community in England following the restoration of Charles II.
    I think the similarity, if made, is based on the colour of the skin.

ReputationRep:
    Something a little curious here.

This was the post which started a thread later merged into this main one:

(Original post by PrincessAnna)
    There was a bbc documentary on the conflict where they showed both sides.
    Am not trying to start a war but all i saw was rubble and destroyed buildings in Gaza whilst when the reporter went to isreal, there were beautiful buildings and shops. I don't get how israel are the victims here. Even the children in Gaza were in ripped clothes and in Israel the children were happy with all the resources.

(am not picking sides) Just wondering. Thanks
    I have added the emphasis. Looks like someone curious, maybe encountering this issue for the first time, with no firm opinions, no real hate.

Just 3 hours later we have this:

So why do Isreal Target Children over and over again ?

Did you know Jews also celebrate Gaza and Palestine getting bombed.
    And can you provide source of them celebrateing 9/11 7/7, No because you made that up. Funny how their have been 100s of theories of the jews did the 9/11 (most likely did.) Every thing you said is pure bull****.

Isreal planned a fake scene so it looked like their lives are a misery, little do they know someone was recording, Search it up.

Not long till isreal gets knocked out clean wont even see it coming.

Only 3 Isrealis Died whilst way over 10K Palestinians died including Children. Why do Jewish soldiers beat up kids, Like wtf.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's like a greatest hits tour of examples of the relationship between antisemitism and antizionism. You have jooz did 9/11, a modern classic of the genre, you have the targeting children blood libel, you have massively distorted casualty figures, you have the burning hatred and hunger for an Israeli military defeat and the inevitable massacre.

Does this strike anyone else as odd? Can someone really pick up so much burning and ill-informed hatred, such vile and vicious ignorance, in just a few hours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by footstool1924)
    I think the similarity, if made, is based on the colour of the skin.
    The similarity between what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish)
    Something a little curious here.

This was the post which started a thread later merged into this main one:

I have added the emphasis. Looks like someone curious, maybe encountering this issue for the first time, with no firm opinions, no real hate.

Just 3 hours later we have this:

It's like a greatest hits tour of examples of the relationship between antisemitism and antizionism. You have jooz did 9/11, a modern classic of the genre, you have the targeting children blood libel, you have massively distorted casualty figures, you have the burning hatred and hunger for an Israeli military defeat and the inevitable massacre.

Does this strike anyone else as odd? Can someone really pick up so much burning and ill-informed hatred, such vile and vicious ignorance, in just a few hours?
    Perhaps the person simply did more research about atrocities committed by the trigger-happy IDF and super-imposed that upon Israel as a whole.

I mean, that whole post, if taken in context, is about Israel's oppressive military attitude towards Gaza. The poster probably got a little emotional after encountering Gaza's devastating scenes compared with the relative paradise of Israel.

To portray the poster or attempt to malign the poster as a rabid anti-Semite is not only disingenuous, but a clear attempt to shut down what are legitimate criticisms of the gung-ho approach taken by military officers of the IDF, especially in regards to small children and women.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps the person simply did more research about atrocities committed by the trigger-happy IDF and super-imposed that upon Israel as a whole.

I mean, that whole post, if taken in context, is about Israel's oppressive military attitude towards Gaza. The poster probably got a little emotional after encountering Gaza's devastating scenes compared with the relative paradise of Israel.

To portray the poster or attempt to malign the poster as a rabid anti-Semite is not only disingenuous, but a clear attempt to shut down what are legitimate criticisms of the gung-ho approach taken by military officers of the IDF, especially in regards to small children and women.
    It doesnt even approach 'legitimate criticisms' of any sort, which is precisely the point. It is pure rabid lunacy hate that hardly interacts with the real world at all. The question is whether you can get to that in just a few hours. Its impreasively fast to suck up and fully internalise some of the worst the internet has to offer.

ReputationRep:
    I see the Mods have moved this thread to here so more hatred can be whipped up. Wasn't getting enough in the International forum I guess.

Giving this conflict precedence over others. Despite more people dying in the three months of the Syrian conflict than all Arabs/Israelis killed.

ReputationRep:
    It doesnt even approach 'legitimate criticisms' of any sort, which is precisely the point. It is pure rabid lunacy hate that hardly interacts with the real world at all. The question is whether you can get to that in just a few hours. Its impreasively fast to suck up and fully internalise some of the worst the internet has to offer.
    The premise of your argument doesn't hold true in the fact that you have assumed from a post that the poster is "neutral".

I read it as it was. The Poster was simply querying why Gaza is full of rubble but Israel is portrayed as "a paradise". The person to whom the second post is addressed made points which brought out a reaction from that particular poster.

In the meantime, she probably did more research and it led her to come down on one side more heavily, communicating this through emotive language, as is the case when a person first comes across this issue due to the disparity present between the two sides.

It makes one inindignant, annoyed and a sense of helplessness about the injustices perpetrated means people are more high strung about issue than others.

ReputationRep:
    Absolute crap. The 2008 offer was full internal contiguity as well as Gaza-WB contiguity through the building of a tunnel connecting them
    Hence my use of the terms "rarely" and "usually" rather than "never" and "always". And the 2008 Israeli proposal still included huge salients into the West Bank around Jerusalem and in the North to reach Ariel.

Aside from which, Abbas and co. did not turn down the 2008 offer. Requests for clarifications and opportunities to further study the maps were not answered. Olmert, who had just weeks to go in office, could provide no assurances that he could actually implement such an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, Ashkenazi Jew and European Jew is not a synonym.
    Didn't say they were, unless you're really trying to stretch my words to infer something. And the semantics of ethnic groups and definitions are rarely so clearly delineated, especially when you're trying to read them back into the past.

ReputationRep:
    The premise of your argument doesn't hold true in the fact that you have assumed from a post that the poster is "neutral".
    From the post in question:
    (am not picking sides) Just wondering. Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

That's what they do though. To avoid any scrutiny of israels actions, the Zionist lobbies and groups accuse anyone who opposes the actions of the idf as 'anti Semitic' or in my case a 'self hating Jew '.

Then they'll call you a 'Hamas apologist'.

It's almost like they don't want the actions of Israel to be scrutinised...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LockheedSpooky)
    I see the Mods have moved this thread to here so more hatred can be whipped up. Wasn't getting enough in the International forum I guess.

Giving this conflict precedence over others. Despite more people dying in the three months of the Syrian conflict than all Arabs/Israelis killed.
    Then stop commenting in it then. Don't complain about the existence of a thread and regularly make comments in it.

You have such a victim complex it's laughable. But according to you, being left wing makes me a nazi ... Or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    That's what they do though. To avoid any scrutiny of israels actions, the Zionist lobbies and groups accuse anyone who opposes the actions of the idf as 'anti Semitic' or in my case a 'self hating Jew '.

Then they'll call you a 'Hamas apologist'.

It's almost like they don't want the actions of Israel to be scrutinised...
    So now you think 'scrutiny' is that "the Jews did 9/11", and making up (massively inflated) casualty figures, and other forms of shrieking ignorance?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So now you think 'scrutiny' is that "the Jews did 9/11", and making up (massively inflated) casualty figures, and other forms of shrieking ignorance?
    Obviously the 9/11 claim is ridiculous and anti-Semitic.
    But that's not what I'm referring to. In referring to criticism of israels actions towards the Palestinian people.
    Opposing the idfs actions neither makes you an anti-Semite nor a Hamas apologist.
    You love to accuse them of being so to avoid any legitimate criticism and scrutiny.

ReputationRep:
    But that's not what I'm referring to. In referring to criticism of israels actions towards the Palestinian people.
    Opposing the idfs actions neither makes you an anti-Semite nor a Hamas apologist.
    You love to accuse them of being so to avoid any legitimate criticism and scrutiny.
    No...we're talking here about someone who massively lies on multiple levels about israeli and jewish actions, to a ridiculous extent, being called an antisemite.

Making up bull**** and drawing upon antisemitic tropes is not 'legitimate criticism and scrutiny'

ReputationRep:
    How is it anti semitic, when its true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    No...we're talking here about someone who massively lies on multiple levels about israeli and jewish actions, to a ridiculous extent, being called an antisemite.

Making up bull**** and drawing upon antisemitic tropes is not 'legitimate criticism and scrutiny'
    Yes.
    But opposing Israel's actions in Gaza and the West Bank is not anti seimitic in the same way opposing Britians war in Iraq is not anti-christian.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    But opposing Israel's actions in Gaza and the West Bank is not anti seimitic in the same way opposing Britians war in Iraq is not anti-christian.
    And what about making up utter bull****, attributing it to Israel and/or the Jews, and 'opposing' that?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.