(Original post by Odd socks)
    Pretty sure I won't have gotten a part

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ooh what's this for? Methinks you will have

ReputationRep:
    ugh, panic attack go away, youve been here for 2 hours+ now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    I'm too thick to be at uni. I feel so behind and I've only had proper lectures for four days. I'm gonna be **** at this
    Have you just begon? At first you just have to work hard and never forget to ask for help, everytime, you don't understand something, after some month you will get a better feeling, of what works and what not and how to learn, etc. In my year were some students allways telling how easy it would be and how indifferent from school ... at the end most of them dropped out and we poor ones, who worked hard, passed. The velocity at university is faster and at first it seems impossible to stay on track, but at the end, it works out. It is also often not expected, that you are perfect, but rather to challenge you and probably you will think in one year differently about it. And the last advice sounds crazy, yes, and I am not ood at it at all, but have faith in yourself that you can tackle the difficulties and improve.

(Original post by IDukem)
    For the first time in a while, I'm self-doubting my academic ability.
    If it is the first time in a while, you are probably very good and thus will get this one, too.

(Original post by IDukem)
    A particular module just flies way above and over my head. I just can't find a place to start to be honest I'll talk to my personal tutor or someone next week.

This could be a battle and a half.
    Just proceed in small steps.

Good luck to both of you! I will probably feel exactly the same, when doing the exercise sheets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    I know that feeling, so sorry hun. Would offer to talk but I'm of no use to anyone right now I'm afraid. Is Rory around to comfort you? :hugs:
    Thats ok hun :jumphug:
    I got cuddles but then he went to watch TV :grumble:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathanielle)
    Have you just begon? At first you just have to work hard and never forget to ask for help, everytime, you don't understand something, after some month you will get a better feeling, of what works and what not and how to learn, etc. In my year were some students allways telling how easy it would be and how indifferent from school ... at the end most of them dropped out and we poor ones, who worked hard, passed. The velocity at university is faster and at first it seems impossible to stay on track, but at the end, it works out. It is also often not expected, that you are perfect, but rather to challenge you and probably you will think in one year differently about it. And the last advice sounds crazy, yes, and I am not ood at it at all, but have faith in yourself that you can tackle the difficulties and improve.

If it is the first time in a while, you are probably very good and thus will get this one, too.

Just proceed in small steps.

Good luck to both of you! I will probably feel exactly the same, when doing the exercise sheets.
    <3
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Mood's all over the place tonight, better than just constant down I suppose but not quite sure what's going on

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    ooh what's this for? Methinks you will have
    It's for my drama groups play, and I actually did get a part! I'm a small part and I'm dead for most of the play but at least I got cast

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's for my drama groups play, and I actually did get a part! I'm a small part and I'm dead for most of the play but at least I got cast

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome! Then you have a dead good part

I'm sorry that was terrible, I'll grab my coat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    Awesome! Then you have a dead good part

I'm sorry that was terrible, I'll grab my coat
    I think I was cast because of how pathetic I am, I'm the character that gets bullied most of the play and is then almost murdered and then actually murdered at the end of the play

Hehe I love bad puns

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I was cast because of how awesome I am, I'm the character that gets the spotlight most of the play and is then almost made lead and then actually is revealed to be the secret awesome starring role at the end of the play

Hehe I love bad puns

Posted from TSR Mobile
    fixed that for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    fixed that for you
    Haha I like your optimism, but I don't get much actual stage time until the end when I reveal I didn't actually die

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    occurs to me that I have way too much anger for it to be healthy

ReputationRep:
    Haha I like your optimism, but I don't get much actual stage time until the end when I reveal I didn't actually die

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Plot twist

I'm looking for a very specific emoticon but can't find it so will have to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    occurs to me that I have way too much anger for it to be healthy
    Have you ever considered an anger management course? I did one today.

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    Have you ever considered an anger management course? I did one today.

:hugs:
    I have yeah, though I chickened out of it at the last minute :erm:

I dunno, I will talk to my new therapist about it when I see them next week & see what they say, problem is I think I have too many issues for one person to deal with & stuff so I really don't know what to do!

just know it's not healthy, feel just rage so much of the time at so many things, the world makes me angry tbh, I watch the news & I want to scream sometimes, try to contain my anger to the internet/twitter but sometimes it spills over in real life & I break stuff

ReputationRep:
    this is all such a load of ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    this is all such a load of ****
    :hugs: hope you're okay, I really hope things get better for you soon!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, at first I would have guessed Mercutio (just because of the dying part), but sounds like a newer play you play. The most difficult thing with not much stage time is, that you have to be calm in the back a lot. (Solution: Having so unimportant roles, you can do multiple of them. )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    :hugs: hope you're okay, I really hope things get better for you soon!
    thanks. how you doing? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    tired of this. at my wits end and i don't know what to do any more. don't even know if i want to keep trying.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.