Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Everything's going wrong today. I want to change course but I need a 2:1 and all the half decent modules for the ****** course I'm on atm aren't running for next year. So it's now basically 2:1 or dropping out. I can't drop out again but I'm finding concentration in lectures absolutely impossible.
Can you get your medical circumstances to be taken into account?
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Can you get your medical circumstances to be taken into account?
My psychiatrist has written to the uni requesting I get extra time in exams, but it's a bit useless if I can't concentrate on a book to revise before hand. I don't want to fail then say but I was ill because then I'll never feel like I earnt a place on the other course - if that makes sense? I'll just feel like a failure who didn't deserve to be there if I don't get the grades.

Are you ok today jonathan?
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
to everyone that's a little stressed: :hugs:

I am too!
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My psychiatrist has written to the uni requesting I get extra time in exams, but it's a bit useless if I can't concentrate on a book to revise before hand. I don't want to fail then say but I was ill because then I'll never feel like I earnt a place on the other course - if that makes sense? I'll just feel like a failure who didn't deserve to be there if I don't get the grades.

Are you ok today jonathan?
It's not a question of failing, but if you were to get a high (or even moderate) 2:2 when under this amount of pressure, it would pretty strongly suggest that you're capable of getting the 2:1 that they're after, and they should take that into account. :hugs:

I'm ok today, counting down the days till the end of term. (4 atm)
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Malsi101)
to everyone that's a little stressed: :hugs:

I am too!
:hugs:

What's up?
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

What's up?

Life.
or school, me, school,me, school and me

I hate myself. (I have reasons to)..And I'm annoyed with an english coursework grade.

great:sad:
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's not a question of failing, but if you were to get a high (or even moderate) 2:2 when under this amount of pressure, it would pretty strongly suggest that you're capable of getting the 2:1 that they're after, and they should take that into account. :hugs:

I'm ok today, counting down the days till the end of term. (4 atm)
I see where you're coming from, I'll put it to them and see what they say, thanks

Yep same, counting down the days, you doing anything nice for easter?

:hugs: for malsi.
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
feel so distant from everything, so lethargic. can't work. my hand's still aching massively.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I see where you're coming from, I'll put it to them and see what they say, thanks

Revising
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Argh, paranoid alert!!!! ok, this is going to sound really really stupid, but i've noticed that gavin and i have less mutual friends on facebook now, meaning he's deleted some of the DJs and clubs that we used to go to. Ok, so that's fine, but what I'm worried about is his lack of status update....3 weeks of no status updates, no skiing, no DJing, nothing. So I'm worried he's blocked me from seeing them. Ok, no big deal but maybe he's phasing me out or doesn't want me to see some of them?

I've got my car back but it has to go back on Thursday for a new handbrake. Another 50 mile round trip. Eurgh, so annoying.
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

thank you:hugs:
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
assessment actually went ok.
pretty bad that the guy actually had to go get more paper to write on in addition to the booklet though lol. you never realise how much is wrong until you write it all out.
it made me feel a lot more validated for being depressed though.
I know what lines your on there, I had to fill out my renewal form for my Disability Benefit. Filling it out took me ages, and once I had filled it out I realised how many "faults" and "issues" I suffer from

I don't mind it to be honest, but sometimes I wish I didn't have panic attacks so often.

I want to go to Glade Festival this year to see Underworld, but I don't have anyone to go with and I know I won't go on my own. I'd also quite like to see DJ Tiesto in London, but again, same issue applies. On the website it says I can take someone free of charge, but simply don't know anyone who would want to go I'm tempted to go for the VIP tickets, cost isn't the issue, it's knowing whether it will help the crowds, which would help prevent anxiety and panic attacks.

I feel so rubbish and lonely at the moment I could really do with a friend right now.

pinksapphires, I know it's hard breaking up with someone, I broke up with my ex about a year ago and I still miss her and think about her. Maybe a holiday or having some "yourself" time might help (No that's not ment to be a dirty joke). I find it helps me

:hugs: to all

Take care

BlackFish
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by blackfish)
I know what lines your on there, I had to fill out my renewal form for my Disability Benefit. Filling it out took me ages, and once I had filled it out I realised how many "faults" and "issues" I suffer from

I don't mind it to be honest, but sometimes I wish I didn't have panic attacks so often.

I want to go to Glade Festival this year to see Underworld, but I don't have anyone to go with and I know I won't go on my own. I'd also quite like to see DJ Tiesto in London, but again, same issue applies. On the website it says I can take someone free of charge, but simply don't know anyone who would want to go I'm tempted to go for the VIP tickets, cost isn't the issue, it's knowing whether it will help the crowds, which would help prevent anxiety and panic attacks.

I feel so rubbish and lonely at the moment I could really do with a friend right now.

pinksapphires, I know it's hard breaking up with someone, I broke up with my ex about a year ago and I still miss her and think about her. Maybe a holiday or having some "yourself" time might help (No that's not ment to be a dirty joke). I find it helps me

:hugs: to all

Take care

BlackFish

It is hard, but I should be over it now and able to trust him because after all, he says we're "special friends" and that he loves me. Just annoying, that's all. I'm hoping that maybe another guy won't make me feel the same way but we'll see.

I hate family issues. I always feel so tense. I just want a holiday, preferrably in the sun.
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
I just want a holiday, preferrably in the sun.
I do to, But if I go on holiday somewhere, I'll end up going on my own, no doubt the laptop will find it's way into my luggage, and i'll end up logging on somewhere and doing some work. The other problem is I hate flying with a passion. So I can't go far unless I go by Ferry, Coach or Train.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by blackfish)
I do to, But if I go on holiday somewhere, I'll end up going on my own, no doubt the laptop will find it's way into my luggage, and i'll end up logging on somewhere and doing some work. The other problem is I hate flying with a passion. So I can't go far unless I go by Ferry, Coach or Train.
Yeah, the laptop would come with me too so I wouldn't actually have a break from the world which is what I need/want. I love flying. I'm thinking about becoming an air hostess but I'm not pretty or thin enough to get the job so I'm not even going to bother applying
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh god, seroxat withdrawal is starting to catch up with me. I could totally vomit, it really isn't fun. Getting really feverish feelings too
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Yeah, the laptop would come with me too so I wouldn't actually have a break from the world which is what I need/want. I love flying. I'm thinking about becoming an air hostess but I'm not pretty or thin enough to get the job so I'm not even going to bother applying
I wanted to work onboard the trains either as a ticket inspector, first class host or in the catering.

My dad disapproved of the idea

After all the IT training i've done I can see his point that it would be a waste of my talent working for a train company. I have an IT Job. but i'm not sure if it's what I want. I'm not doing the more advanced stuff i'm trained to do. But simply put, they won't give someone my age a job as a server engineer! Not to mention that being a Psychotic Depressive would more than likely not get me the job!
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Hi rb, how're you?
Hey
I'm not too great, Citalopram's gone up to 40mg, spent the last week on daily drs' appointments because she was worried I was going to kill myself. Yay.

What about you? :hugs:
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hmmm feel vaguely ok this morning. Last night was full on Trainspotting withdrawal, I was rolling about in bed praying for death. Luckily I finally got to sleep, had hideous dreams, felt ok ish this morning (apart from being really really tired). Just hope I don't feel **** tonight and just crack and take my full dose.
bansheeee*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
life's a *****
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (427)
37.89%
No - but I will (87)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (76)
6.74%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (537)
47.65%

Watched Threads