Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If only I had a sledge.... - (idunno if anyone can see that - It comes up as a broken image on mine )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Thank you. Just hope it stays that way for now
    Now there is and apparently more to come

(Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
      Now there is and apparently more to come
      I know :sad: So long as M2 stays clear then getting to London should be ok (I hope )

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by suzie101)
      Did anyone else open their curtains to snow this morning?

I woke to over 3 inches and its been snowing non stop all morning - forecast says its not meant to stop until tomorrow...... Beginning to wonder if Im going to make it home for Christmas, otherwise its me and the hamster with a can of soup.....
      i opened my window with a hangover, it was a blizzard, its still snowing heavly after 12 hours, its very deep

i'm in cardiff and is now trapped

ReputationRep:
      Not in the morning, but around 12ish in the aftertoon it started snowing. Heavily. Like a proper blizzard, was hard walking back home from school. Slipped a couple of times :| but now it has stopped.

ReputationRep:
      Aberdeenshire supposta have snow for the next 8 days! It was a whiteout yesterday at school. Rear wheel drive cars are screwed

ReputationRep:
      I got back from uni last night and there was no snow there, but plenty everywhere else whilst I was on the train.
      It snowed here for all of 10 minutes this afternoon :rolleyes: but I'm glad it's not settled, we need to go back to my room to get all my stuff!

ReputationRep:
      We just had another heavy snowfall - checked the met office its meant to continue until tomorrow....doesnt look like Ill be finishing the xmas shop.

Might be a repeat of last year over again - lived on hill, not gritted - didnt dare take the car out - 'oh no we have no food and cant get to the supermarket' - 'to the pub' - I think we ate there for about a week haha

ReputationRep:
      Just checked the forecast for here and it's changed from 'Heavy Snow' all day tomorrow to 'Cloudy'

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by The Stig)
      Just checked the forecast for here and it's changed from 'Heavy Snow' all day tomorrow to 'Cloudy'
      probably just as well! - Im on weather warning for the next 2 days although there is meant to be a little bit of sun tomorrow in amongst the 'heavy snow' - thankfully it looks like it will stop snowing on tuesday....although by then it may take me a week or so to dig myself out....

ReputationRep:
      There's no snow where I am There was a few flakes yesterday but nothing that settled. Just looked at Met Office and there's none forecast for my area either. Also saw that some places have been given a red weather warning :shock: Don't envy that :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
      West London and boyyy we got thick snow! Too bad i'm ill and cant go build a snowman/woman

ReputationRep:
      We've had sooo much snow, I love it

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by PrincessAriadne)
      We've had sooo much snow, I love it

Your pics look amazing Ours isnt that impressive - had about 4/5 inches though :rolleyes:.....

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by suzie101)
      Your pics look amazing Ours isnt that impressive - had about 4/5 inches though :rolleyes:.....
      Thank you This was about a week ago, it snowed nonstop for a week or so, and got to about 2 feet. Then it went away :eek: but it's just started again

ReputationRep:
      I've been panicking about this all week- but now it can snow and I won't care, as I'm home safe and sound from uni for three weeks!

ReputationRep:
      Damn people, I feel so jealous of you. the last time we had lots of snow here was like 3-4 years ago.

p.s. I live in Athens.

ReputationRep:
      we had a bit of snow and lots of wind, the snow settled but then stopped pretty quickly.

ReputationRep:
      ooo my thread got merged.....wondered why it went from 4 pages to 39 lol

Meh its stopped snowing now - kinda a shame I was looking forward to digging myself out tomorrow lol

ReputationRep:
      If it snows in London/Dorset tomorrow I'm so screwed

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2011
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.