Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just sent mine off - applied for single/ensuites in Beit/Eastside/Southside/Weeks/Garden.
    I'm such a mess in the morning and it takes me forever to sort my hair out - I just know if I end up far away I will be late for my lectures....
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ceecee)
    I've just sent mine off - applied for single/ensuites in Beit/Eastside/Southside/Weeks/Garden.
    I'm such a mess in the morning and it takes me forever to sort my hair out - I just know if I end up far away I will be late for my lectures....
    Fingers crossed you get one of your choices then .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arianex)
    Yeah, I'll be the one falling over loads and looking like a right loon

And yes, that's the page. Did you comment on Izzy's "where is everyone from" thread? Because if you did, I might have an inkling of who you are (especially based on your username... xD)

Which some of us will never ever see... (I'm international )
    Yeahh I did (haha what does my username tell you? I might be able to take a good guess of who you are as well XD)

Oh wow don't you have to pay something like 20 grand a year!? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarubobo28)
    Yeahh I did (haha what does my username tell you? I might be able to take a good guess of who you are as well XD)

Oh wow don't you have to pay something like 20 grand a year!? :eek:
    (Edited to use romaji because TSR seems to hate East Asian Languages...)

Ano, sarubobo - nihonjin desu ka? I was going to ask if you actually owned one, and in which color. XD
    Mine should be somewhat obvious actually...well, that's what one of my TSR-turned-Facebook friends said.

And yes, 22k a year, give or take. >< Yaaaaaay paying through the nose. /not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarubobo28)
    I think there's piano in some halls' common rooms (Garden and Pembridge has one, not sure about others) but I doubt having it in your room is banned because I know someone who brought their electric drum-kit in their room (when I first read this I got excited about having you as my room mate as I play the piano too but realised you're a guy so we can't be room mates :P)
    Thanks for the advice everyone, also, are there practice rooms in the main college buildings?

P.S. if anyone wants cheap beginners piano lessons... let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jns93)
    :eek: I'll defo want some!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was good enough at something to offer lessons :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ceecee)
    Where could you put that ? Imagine being in a triple...you would literally have to timetable when you could bring anyone back!
    wrote it in the hobbies and interests bit, sex is a big hobby of mine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrench22)
    A good way to sound needy, but I hope that the application processors will acknowledge your point and pair you up with a girl
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrench22)
    Good luck finding many girls at Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jns93)
    Thanks for the advice everyone, also, are there practice rooms in the main college buildings?

Yes, I've visited Pembridge and they had a black upright piano in the common room (not sure if it was digital), Garden seems to have one in the common room as well looking at the visual tour on the accommodation website!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sydneysmith)
    im under the impression that imperial's student body consists of half internatino students and half caucasian students. i know this probably isnt very true in reality but for the sake of the question lets pretend it is. are there any halls which one 'group' favours over the others? (im wording this very carefully and i dont mean to offend!)
    Not that I have noticed, pretty random. Although as internationals are generaly minted (have you SEEN the fees?) of would extrapolated there will be more in the ultra super mega delux rooms in eastside/southside but this is just conjecture.

ReputationRep:
    im under the impression that imperial's student body consists of half internatino students and half caucasian students. i know this probably isnt very true in reality but for the sake of the question lets pretend it is. are there any halls which one 'group' favours over the others? (im wording this very carefully and i dont mean to offend!)
    It's OK. I take casual racist remarks quite well, especially if they're jokes
    And I'd go as far as saying Imperial is an 'Asian' uni, because of the sheer number of asians As long as you're not actually racist, and have a good sense of humour, everything will be all good

(Original post by Zottula)
    Good luck finding many girls at Imperial.
    Are you on the FB group? Because I'm starting to think whether this Wrench person is actually a troll, and gets called Wench on the FB group
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark-Myth)
    Are you on the FB group? Because I'm starting to think whether this Wrench person is actually a troll, and gets called Wench on the FB group
    I'm not on the FB group. Yeah I'm having my suspicions about this Wrench guy too.

ReputationRep:
    I did the maths, and in most cases the number of students in the single/double/triple rooms add up to the number of self-catered students in the website. So does that mean that everyone is self-catered i.e. makes their own food? Is there a cafeteria/mess kind of thing? Otherwise I better start to learn how to cook, or get a job if I'm to eat outside everyday!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homer6)
    I did the maths, and in most cases the number of students in the single/double/triple rooms add up to the number of self-catered students in the website. So does that mean that everyone is self-catered i.e. makes their own food? Is there a cafeteria/mess kind of thing? Otherwise I better start to learn how to cook, or get a job if I'm to eat outside everyday!
    Yes. Everywhere is self-catered. There are some canteens/cafes at the uni itself but I think learning to cook is a good idea. It's an important life skill after all.

ReputationRep:
    just for the sake of being pedantic

home student =/= caucasian

international =/= non- caucasian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Not that I have noticed, pretty random. Although as internationals are generaly minted (have you SEEN the fees?) of would extrapolated there will be more in the ultra super mega delux rooms in eastside/southside but this is just conjecture.
    Hah, DEFINITELY not moi.

(Original post by QG-DAWG)
    A good way to sound needy, but I hope that the application processors will acknowledge your point and pair you up with a girl
    Cor, imagine what would happen if they fell out or summat...OMG AWKWARD ZERG RUSH xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arianex)
    Hah, DEFINITELY not moi.
    Nah I know not all will be, it is just there are a fair few that are :p: I did say it was just a guess but thats all :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Nah I know not all will be, it is just there are a fair few that are :p: I did say it was just a guess but thats all :p:
    Tell me about it! I get what you mean though - the majority of my other Asian peers at school are loaded. I'm currently at boarding school on a 75% scholarship (music + academic); and I'm one of the few Asians who actually has one. The rest of them just rock up in 6th form, pay through the nose and can afford to do it once per term, my folks still have to do it by monthly installments :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.