Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am very much in this boat...
    Annoyingly I'm also finding the fear leads to stressing out during my exams and therefore to a poorer performance. (A big well done to my subconscious for that one)
    On top of that, the irrational part of me is also constantly thinking that if I meet my offer but don't get any A*'s I'll be the thickest person there.
    Is it just me?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendan.)
    Oh, Christ Church are eager! I got an email today with the Oxford Bursary information, fee status etc. And also a beast of a letter explaining that once we accept our offers, they will begin to decide what rooms we will have in first year! I suppose I best reply to the offer!
    This just made me finally fill in and hunt down an envelope and stamp for the reply slip that St Hugh's sent me about a month ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplelover)
    This just made me finally fill in and hunt down an envelope and stamp for the reply slip that St Hugh's sent me about a month ago!
    This nearly made me dig up the letter from Mansfield again to check if there was some sort of reply slip after all, but I know that there wasn't ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    You're just going to call me out like this, in front of everyone?!

:p:

But yeah.
    Although, a lot of banks I've checked out ask for an Unconditional offer.
    Haha sorry! I'm guessing you probably need an unconditional offer to open a student bank account and receive the subsequent overdraft privileges if not to apply for government finance
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babs12123)
    I am very much in this boat...
    Annoyingly I'm also finding the fear leads to stressing out during my exams and therefore to a poorer performance. (A big well done to my subconscious for that one)
    On top of that, the irrational part of me is also constantly thinking that if I meet my offer but don't get any A*'s I'll be the thickest person there.
    Is it just me?!
    In that case, the rational part of you should probably tell the irrational part that if you really were going to be the thickest person there, you'd be the thickest person, A* or no A*.

ReputationRep:
    Sigh,
    disapointment on it's way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freezombie)
    This nearly made me dig up the letter from Mansfield again to check if there was some sort of reply slip after all, but I know that there wasn't ^^
    Agreed; I'm Mansfield too and reckon that we have till the back end of April to accept. My letter just said that it would be nice to tell them asap if I was going to decline, cos they might then be able to offer a place to someone else (tho I couldn't understand how this fitted in with the 'open offer' process, at least as I thought I understood it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkvuong)
    Maths & CS at Merton. Any more mathematicians at Oxford next year?
    I got an offer for Maths&CompSci at Keble. May I have your skype/facebook ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someonegivemeanoffer)
    October 7th, 20th birthday halfway through freshers. I think most embarassing was at interview being taken to my room by a maths student who was 7 months younger than me, bloody prodigies
    i'm 20 BEFORE freshers, oh dear, pretty sure i'm going to feel ancient!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dothesnowdome)
    Me too! My birthday is in September... Oh well, at least it's nice to know that there are SOME others out there.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Lucky people! Will not have turned 18 till after freshers. What are my chances of slipping into a club without being ID'd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitronaldo)
    Lucky people! Will not have turned 18 till after freshers. What are my chances of slipping into a club without being ID'd?
    If it is a big college group going together, you've got a chance. Smaller groups will almost certainly be asked for ID, particularly at smaller clubs.

ReputationRep:
    That will be definitely me then. I am always bad at exam and had a record of screwing up things during critical times. AS results are not great either.

ReputationRep:
    After that Chemistry exam I have no hope... Goodbye Oxford dreams!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Don't panic about this unnecessarily: stress is more likely to have a negative impact on your results!

Equally don't get complacent. Phoning Oxford on results day coz you've missed your offer is NOT fun :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Backslash)
    Thank God resits are allowed, I definitely need to resit OCR Maths Core 3!
    Most people I know are saying this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenarems)
    After that Chemistry exam I have no hope... Goodbye Oxford dreams!
    Are you talking about F334 this morning? I am in the same state as you if that is the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImaginaryPerson)
    I got an offer for Maths&CompSci at Keble. May I have your skype/facebook ?
    Hey there I got an offer for straight CompSci at Keble do you want to pm me your facebook? maybe we've even met at the interviews and we just don't know it how did you like Keble?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rifleman)
    Are you talking about F334 this morning? I am in the same state as you if that is the case.
    I felt the same - was it OCR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dothesnowdome)
    *ahem* Twenty isn't all that old!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.