Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Singapore Kopitiam watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redserene)

Val: Good luck with the marking. It's got this amazing sleep-inducing effect doesn't it

YES!!!! I've developed an amazing tolerance to coffee, ANY coffee. Gah.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta love Starbucks.

Sorry if that seemed random, but boy oh boy, their Rhumba Frappucinos! :love:

ReputationRep:
    The Coffee Club is sooo much better!

ReputationRep:
    as above... BUT The Coffee Connoisseur is even better. :p:

but i think they changed their menu since last year. or does the Citylink one and the Plaza Singapure one have different menus?

ReputationRep:
    Ohh please, Starbucks is still an absolute classic... Where's my Caramel Macchiato?

ReputationRep:
    Coffee! I love coffee...

ReputationRep:
    eh.. no argument, starbucks is the best for sitting n chatting n having a nice cup of coffee. But to experience real class (if u have a thick wallet, that is) The Coffee Connoisseur at Plaza Sing beats all the rest. Though, personally I kinda liked the Coffee Bean at Bras Basah road, near waterloo street. Its usually not very crowded, real nice music and have a couple of computers with free internet (at least until June they did). Only prob is the outside view due to the mrt construction thing.

ReputationRep:
    Spinellis!

I think I spelt that wrong...

ReputationRep:
    I had that in school today.

Sigh, I love Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    C'mon alvin, look at the future now. NUS medicine! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    C'mon alvin, look at the future now. NUS medicine! :p:
    *nods.

I'm done with work whooooooooooooooooop! Till next year anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life_rockz)
    *nods.

Have plans for the summer already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life_rockz)
    *nods.

i feel happy for you val!

on a different note, just looked at the post count of the threads and realised that the swedish thread has more posts than the singaporean one. c'mon guys!

also, none of us seem to be in the uk at the mo despite this being a uk students forum. but things will change tomorrow!

bye guys for the time being my uncle uses 56k dialup!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CMS)
    i feel happy for you val!

on a different note, just looked at the post count of the threads and realised that the swedish thread has more posts than the singaporean one. c'mon guys!

also, none of us seem to be in the uk at the mo despite this being a uk students forum. but things will change tomorrow!

bye guys for the time being my uncle uses 56k dialup!
    You're going to the UK so fast? Doesn't the term at Warwick only begin at the end of Sep?

ReputationRep:
    She's kiasu sh*t. Ha she wants to go earlier to tour the UK and get away from Singapore asap

ReputationRep:
    Boo..I don't want to leave..have been stocking up on instant noodles, rice, rabbit sweets etc. LOL.

ReputationRep:
    *pokes head in cautiously*

I haven't been here in a while. And I have the amazing fortitude to have read all the pages of this thread :proud:

OK I admit, I was very bored So what have all of you been up to? I'm done with uni preparations, just need to get some more shopping done - even a recent shopping spree in JB wasn't enough! [/shopaholic]

ReputationRep:
    eek. havn't done anything for uni. Got my freshers' pack yesterday, devoid of reading list. Am thus probably slightly screwed.

ReputationRep:
    Ehhh. Surely you've done your visa & medical?

I have a reading list and I should probably try and read the books first but I don't think I can find them

ReputationRep:
    Oh alright, other than the visa and medical. Haha. Havn't started packing/planning for packing etc.

Should probably email college for reading list huh...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.