Spliced and diced - perhaps one day, a little shredded! Watch

Angry cucumber
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Trained again with gf
She squatted 55kg for 3 form was breaking down though, questionable whether parallel. She 50kg for 5 just fine though.
She also did 40kg for 6 on the bench as well as a 3 x 5 at that weight.
Rowed 35kg aswell

Today

Lat pulldown supinated grip
A few sets of 6 and 8

OHP
20kg 1 x 5
30kg 1 x 5
40kg 1 x 5
50kg 1 x 5
55kg 1 x 3
60kg 1 x 2
65kg 1 x 1 Again easy as hell =PB
70kg 1 x f video. Damn close
67.5kg 1 x f knackered

Bench
20kg 1 x 5
30kg 1 x 5
40kg 1 x 5
60kg 1 x 5
70kg 1 x 5
80kg 1 x 5
85kg 3 x 5
Taken a deload as I've stalled
All with a 1 second pause

Barbell row
70kg 1 x 5
75kg 1 x 3
85kg 1 x 3 PB
Completey miscalculated the weight on the bar, felt damn heavy if not impossible lol
77.5kg 2 x 5 PB That was the weight I wanted
Wasn't that pretty.. But gainz

Planks + 20kg
30sec
1 min
45sec
Was feeling it in my back so went easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
illusionz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Angry cucumber)
Trained again with gf
She squatted 55kg for 3 form was breaking down though, questionable whether parallel. She 50kg for 5 just fine though.
She also did 40kg for 6 on the bench as well as a 3 x 5 at that weight.
Rowed 35kg aswell

Today

Lat pulldown supinated grip
A few sets of 6 and 8

OHP
20kg 1 x 5
30kg 1 x 5
40kg 1 x 5
50kg 1 x 5
55kg 1 x 3
60kg 1 x 2
65kg 1 x 1 Again easy as hell =PB
70kg 1 x f video. Damn close
67.5kg 1 x f knackered

Bench
20kg 1 x 5
30kg 1 x 5
40kg 1 x 5
60kg 1 x 5
70kg 1 x 5
80kg 1 x 5
85kg 3 x 5
Taken a deload as I've stalled
All with a 1 second pause

Barbell row
70kg 1 x 5
75kg 1 x 3
85kg 1 x 3 PB
Completey miscalculated the weight on the bar, felt damn heavy if not impossible lol
77.5kg 2 x 5 PB That was the weight I wanted
Wasn't that pretty.. But gainz

Planks + 20kg
30sec
1 min
45sec
Was feeling it in my back so went easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
How bent are your rows? Cos thats less than I do Yates style, but pendlay esque would be much harder I guess. Also I use underhand grip which I find easier as I guess it uses biceps
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
(Original post by illusionz)
How bent are your rows? Cos thats less than I do Yates style, but pendlay esque would be much harder I guess. Also I use underhand grip which I find easier as I guess it uses biceps
45 degrees, pronated grip

Yates style you have the benefit of biceps and traps as you stand more upright.

Pendlay rows which I used to do, are so hard to progress on without cheating with some hamstring engagement lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
illusionz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Makes sense that you're doing a harder variant. I gotta say, it can be hard not to cheat the last rep or so on later sets by subconsciously getting more upright
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I say **** it and cheat your rows. It's the only way to progress mane

100kgx3 bb rows here with decent form. Get it up and move on. I don't bb row very often though. I like the tbar

Sent from my HTC One
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
(Original post by silent ninja)
I say **** it and cheat your rows. It's the only way to progress mane

100kgx3 bb rows here with decent form. Get it up and move on. I don't bb row very often though. I like the tbar

Sent from my HTC One
Barbell row wise I find it harder to cheat, I stand up a little more if I'm dying on the last rep but that's it
Pendlay rows are vile though lol

I prefer T bars aswell but theyve removed where we used to do them at my uni gym
There's a T bar machine at my home gym though though it requires no lower back movement at all as you rest on a pad.
Hence 45 degree barbell row... Yates style leads to too many torn biceps for my liking tbh, Yates himself tore his bicep off the bone if memory serves!

Posted from TSR Mobile
illusionz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
surely one is unlikely to injure a bicep at the weights we'll be doing in the near future?
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Barbell row wise I find it harder to cheat, I stand up a little more if I'm dying on the last rep but that's it
Pendlay rows are vile though lol

I prefer T bars aswell but theyve removed where we used to do them at my uni gym
There's a T bar machine at my home gym though though it requires no lower back movement at all as you rest on a pad.
Hence 45 degree barbell row... Yates style leads to too many torn biceps for my liking tbh, Yates himself tore his bicep off the bone if memory serves!

Posted from TSR Mobile
cheat by using a bit of body English or hip drive. why not. I don't care about strict form on rows. as long as I'm adding weight and am progressing without form getting out of hand

Sent from my HTC One
Scoobiedoobiedo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm pretty sure rows are one of the exercises where less than perfect form/cheating a little gets the exact same results as perfectly strict form, so long as you use slightly more weight to compensate.
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
(Original post by silent ninja)
cheat by using a bit of body English or hip drive. why not. I don't care about strict form on rows. as long as I'm adding weight and am progressing without form getting out of hand

Sent from my HTC One
Yeah I do if I need it, but I try and keep strict ish

(Original post by illusionz)
surely one is unlikely to injure a bicep at the weights we'll be doing in the near future?
I injured my knee on a warm up set of leg extensions.. not saying yates rows are as lethal as that machine is... but I try not to tempt snap city anymore than currently

(Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
I'm pretty sure rows are one of the exercises where less than perfect form/cheating a little gets the exact same results as perfectly strict form, so long as you use slightly more weight to compensate.
Tbh if you're anal about having absolutely flawless technique on your lifts, you'll make no gains, on the last rep or so imo your form should start to be breaking down as it shows you're reaching your maxes (not ridiculous though like a cat back deadlift)
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
Snap city update

Had MRI on back this morning, appointment back in Nottingham in a few weeks. May need to crash somewhere in Nottingham which could make the night before interesting depending on where I end up crashing.

Knee is still swollen and warm, not as bad as before, but I think I need to visit my GP.. I've been putting it off too long
AreebWithaHat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
get well soon cucumber xoxoxooxox <33
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Keep us updated Cucumber!

The journey out of snap city is long and slow...
Implication
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What's up with your knee? I'd offer you my sofa in Notts but I've left now
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
Update on snap city

Appointment tomorrow for knee

Had venesection as well today, might gym tomorrow but will see how I feel.. feel damn tired right now.

(Original post by Implication)
What's up with your knee? I'd offer you my sofa in Notts but I've left now
Leg extension machine.. don't do it.

Swollen and sore medially (on the inside) lord knows what's up with it.

(Original post by Motorbiker)
Keep us updated Cucumber!

The journey out of snap city is long and slow...
Cheers

And yes it is...
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
Planks
4 x 1 min
1 x 1 min 10

My lower back is still ****ed from travelling so much over the weekend, not overly comfortable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
Been to the doctors

Torn a meniscus in my knee he suspects. Absolute rest for 6 weeks, so walking shall be my primary exercise but I'll go very easy. No deadlifting either. If still not healed go to chief physio man.

May deadlift tomorrow and get 3 plates for reps but that'll be it for 6 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reps4Jesus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Been to the doctors

Torn a meniscus in my knee he suspects. Absolute rest for 6 weeks, so walking shall be my primary exercise but I'll go very easy. No deadlifting either. If still not healed go to chief physio man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd leave the deadlifting tomorrow and give your knee a full 6 week rest. Going for a max deadlift could put you even deeper into snap city!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reps4Jesus)
I'd leave the deadlifting tomorrow and give your knee a full 6 week rest. Going for a max deadlift could put you even deeper into snap city!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I said may, I'll probably not tbh, knees been playing up a lot last few days, not going to do anything rash
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Been to the doctors

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not worth it, man. What's missing one day of deadlifts vs. messing with your recovery? Absolute rest is absolute rest: not absolute rest, but starting after you deadlift PB tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
11.11%
No (8)
88.89%

Watched Threads