The Student Room Group

D1 (Decision 1) 17 May 2013 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by Westeros
Yes! That is correct :biggrin:

Thank you so much! Much appreciated!
Original post by Better
Anyway time for me to log of Studentroom for 12 Hours.

Good luck everyone.

Hope this is useful - Day of the Examination Notes from Maths24/7
http://mathormaths.com/2012/06/13/the-day-of-the-examination/

Time for me to get that 1/3 Steps Closer to that Glorious A*.

:danceboy: Lets do this!!!!!

That made me scared reading that!
THE EXAM IS TOMORROW AHHHH! I'm really confident though, let's get top marks! :cute:
Original post by Story
Thank you so much! Much appreciated!

I'd go through a few past papers and do all the matching questions if you've only just realised that you need to do that!
Reply 743
I'd go through a few past papers and do all the matching questions if you've only just realised that you need to do that!

Haha! Also on the same paper Q)3) part d) I got the optimal values as x= 120/17 and y = 60/17 so i thought the answer would be x=7 and y=4 but its not can you tell me what ive missed?
Original post by sarahjames123
does anyone have a list of definitions for the exam?

I think this was linked before

The definitions challenge:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS8c-8fhVcdF8jTO8uiTqbqA7XpBLtcA1
Original post by Story
Haha! Also on the same paper Q)3) part d) I got the optimal values as x= 120/17 and y = 60/17 so i thought the answer would be x=7 and y=4 but its not can you tell me what ive missed?

(7,4) isn't in the feasible region :smile:
Reply 746
In one of the past papers it asked for a definition for matching..
Does anyone know the answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 747
Original post by posthumus
If you don't mind me asking... are you attempting to learn all the algorithms/ techniques 1 / 2 days before the exam ? :redface:

...no, of course not... :colondollar:

Well basically, I need to retake this because they marked my paper really badly in January and my school wouldn't let me remark it :confused: and I got a B, whereas I needed (and should have got) an A. But I also have statistics tomorrow and have been revising for that and all of my other exams and kind of neglected D1 :s-smilie:
Original post by Priya08
In one of the past papers it asked for a definition for matching..
Does anyone know the answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitions are on page 38/39 in your textbook, and matching definitions will be in the Matching chapter (Page 150 onwards)

Defintion of Matching: A matching is a 1 to 1 pairing of some, or all of the elements of one set, X, with elements of a second set, Y, in a Bipartite Graph
Reply 749
Reply 750
(7,4) isn't in the feasible region :smile:

Ohh, so you do the next closest number to the feasible region? :smile:

Also im going over some matchings questions right now e.g q)5 may 2010
and for part c I wrote c-5=j-4=a-2=e-6 as the ms got a different variation of the answer for part a i got g-3=e-2=a-4=s-1 would this still be correct?
Reply 751
Original post by Story

and for part c I wrote c-5=j-4=a-2=e-6 as the ms got a different variation of the answer for part a i got g-3=e-2=a-4=s-1 would this still be correct?

Hey never mind it explains it on the ms, Im just having a stress attack :smile:
Thanks again by the way, you ready for the exam?
Original post by Story

Well you test integer values inside the region, nearest to your optimal point :-) so it was either (6,3) or (6,4) and (6,4) maximises it.

Yes! If you scroll down the MS to 'Notes', your alternative answer is there :cool:

I think I'm prepared, I'm starting to get nervous! I'm just going over every Linear Programming question and the definitions :smile: you?
Original post by study beats
What the hell are Hamiltonian cycles, capacital flows and simplex algorithms ?

Previous spec, now they've been moved to D2.

If you do a paper from <2008, you'll probably find some diagrams which you have no idea what to do with, in which case don't stress it's not in the syllabus :smile:
do you need to know maximum or min flows ?
Reply 755
Original post by m4ths/maths247
I think this was linked before

The definitions challenge:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS8c-8fhVcdF8jTO8uiTqbqA7XpBLtcA1

Hey m4ths, didn't know you had a tsr account. Just wanted to say thanks for posting your videos, they've been a great help for pretty much all my A2 maths and further maths :smile: keep it up.
Original post by hello my name is
do you need to know maximum or min flows ?

No u dont
how do you find the optimal number and profit on a linear programing graph?
Reply 758
When do dummy variables need to be used?
Original post by lizz-ie
...no, of course not... :colondollar:

Well basically, I need to retake this because they marked my paper really badly in January and my school wouldn't let me remark it :confused: and I got a B, whereas I needed (and should have got) an A. But I also have statistics tomorrow and have been revising for that and all of my other exams and kind of neglected D1 :s-smilie:

I think you'll be just fine :smile: surely you haven't forgotten much, I think you'd just want to get through the definitions! But don't pressurize yourself too much.

And a B is very good, which obviously suggests you have the potential to get an A :smile: and you know you can...
Some people will just never do well in D1, I know people who get like over 90 UMS but end up with Es in D1 ! Also I got 50 UMS in January :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending