Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lakesx)
    okay!
    Hmm I have been procrastination all week...
    Apart from ICT what else do you do...?
    I am attempting a classic past paper that my teacher set for homework, AND so far I have done nothing...
    i do computing n maths n business i need to revise for those aswell i got a mock next week and NO REVISION OMG

ok how shall we start,

i done 2 minutes of my coursework yesterday because my dad was watching over me haha,

hmm thats seems like a good method with som1 watching over u,

i am a guy who likes to get things done perfectly and spend time on it, ive tried the "2 minute rule" and i cant even start on that,

a good tip is to put stuff in bytesize chunks and that doesnt work either

what shall we do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow-X)
    i do computing n maths n business i need to revise for those aswell i got a mock next week and NO REVISION OMG

ok how shall we start,

i done 2 minutes of my coursework yesterday because my dad was watching over me haha,

hmm thats seems like a good method with som1 watching over u,

i am a guy who likes to get things done perfectly and spend time on it, ive tried the "2 minute rule" and i cant even start on that,

a good tip is to put stuff in bytesize chunks and that doesnt work either

what shall we do!
    haha oh that's brilliant you should pin a picture of you dad on the wall in front of you, so that whenever you look up you see him! Umm or get someone to facetime/skype with you so that they can check you are doing work...
    ^^ Actually this one might not work, I have done this and said I was googling something when I was skyping my friend but I was actually on Facebook....hmm
    Oh whats the 2 minute rule? Work for 2 mins then break??
    I dont know, uhh maybe try setting goals, say I wont play flappy bird until I get this chapter done etc.
    (Thats what I have tried today- I wont check snapchat even though I have loads of notifications until I plan this essay...?)

ReputationRep:
    haha oh that's brilliant you should pin a picture of you dad on the wall in front of you, so that whenever you look up you see him! Umm or get someone to facetime/skype with you so that they can check you are doing work...
    ^^ Actually this one might not work, I have done this and said I was googling something when I was skyping my friend but I was actually on Facebook....hmm
    Oh whats the 2 minute rule? Work for 2 mins then break??
    I dont know, uhh maybe try setting goals, say I wont play flappy bird until I get this chapter done etc.
    (Thats what I have tried today- I wont check snapchat even though I have loads of notifications until I plan this essay...?)
    loooooool picture of dad on the wall will freak me out

yeah thats the 2 minute rule i think,

distractions such as flapy bird or tv i dont normally do, i have big plans and goals to do other stuff,

i got the best idea, we should skype screen share and check on each other to see if we r doing work

ReputationRep:
    loooooool picture of dad on the wall will freak me out

yeah thats the 2 minute rule i think,

distractions such as flapy bird or tv i dont normally do, i have big plans and goals to do other stuff,

i got the best idea, we should skype screen share and check on each other to see if we r doing work
    haha just a suggestion lol

Oh okay, yeah I would get to distracted doing the 2 min rule...
    Good for you!
    What so you just share the screen of your computer?:confused:
    I am not sure that will be very helpful for me as everything I am doing is handwritten...?

ReputationRep:
    Usually 4 minimum 2 will step it up from beginning of march to minimum 4 average 5-6. Completed some revision of fraud and false misrepresentation in A2 law today need to start doing past papers though

ReputationRep:
    haha just a suggestion lol

Oh okay, yeah I would get to distracted doing the 2 min rule...
    Good for you!
    What so you just share the screen of your computer?:confused:
    I am not sure that will be very helpful for me as everything I am doing is handwritten...?
    yeah just share the screen, you dont hav to show yours, just by the fact of you watching me will motivate me anyway lool.

hmm yours is handwritten thats much easier, mines all on the computer

oh yeah one more thing, why are we procrastinating ?? i dont know why i am.... is it fear of success? fear of failure? depression? i dont know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by precious maro)
    I swear I still haven't started revising yet but I'm gonna do start today

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dude, that's what I tell myself everyday. It never happens D:

ReputationRep:
    yeah just share the screen, you dont hav to show yours, just by the fact of you watching me will motivate me anyway lool.

hmm yours is handwritten thats much easier, mines all on the computer

oh yeah one more thing, why are we procrastinating ?? i dont know why i am.... is it fear of success? fear of failure? depression? i dont know
    okay fine then, yep my teacher want me to handwrite it cuz thats how the exam will be and its good practice for the real thing ....
    hmm I had not thought of it that way... very philosophical hmm I think personally I am very lazy when it comes to doing stuff however I can spend a good 10 hours doing it if I enjoy it or if I am really focused (mostly for art) How about you?

ReputationRep:
    haha me too, i havnt done ANYTHING,

visitor message me and we can START revising together and sort out immediate action plan
    Hey, yay finally someone else! I do not know why, but TSR are not letting me post a visitor message??
    Hello. I also need help with my procrastination problem- could I join in?

ReputationRep:
    okay fine then, yep my teacher want me to handwrite it cuz thats how the exam will be and its good practice for the real thing ....
    hmm I had not thought of it that way... very philosophical hmm I think personally I am very lazy when it comes to doing stuff however I can spend a good 10 hours doing it if I enjoy it or if I am really focused (mostly for art) How about you?
    i have constant pleasure seeking lol, and revising does not give me fun or pleasure, and im being lazy too

yeah same i can spend so long on stuff i LIKE to do,

I really want to get good grades this year, so do we all, we need to WAGE WAR against procrastination and defeat it,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzylemonade)
    Hello. I also need help with my procrastination problem- could I join in?
    welcome to the procrastination club

how long have you been procrastinating?

the point of this club is to defeat procrastinating and all of us MUST come out with A*A*A*A*
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

the point of this club is to defeat procrastinating and all of us MUST come out with A*A*A*A*
    To say I'm only doing three subjects (A2) that could be an issue, but I'll join

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

#joining

Although I'd settle for A*A*A*A :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    To say I'm only doing three subjects (A2) that could be an issue, but I'll join

Posted from TSR Mobile
    W00t another member,

ok so its 1 boy and 3 women lol, boys pls join in,

ok what input do you have, what methods of stopping procrastination has helped you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    #joining

Although I'd settle for A*A*A*A :O
    OK NICE

i know somewhere out there, there is a method to stop this procrastination once and for all,

we are like scientists discovering dinosaurs lol

once we find this method we can all enjoy our A*A*A*A*

ReputationRep:

For the majority of my life

Doing GCSEs, so aiming for A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A XD

ReputationRep:
    OK NICE

i know somewhere out there, there is a method to stop this procrastination once and for all,

we are like scientists discovering dinosaurs lol

once we find this method we can all enjoy our A*A*A*A*
    hello my name is lakes and I am a procrastinator...

Hey, sorry was attending to a whatsapp crisis!
    Yay we have some new member! Hi
    Should we make a new thread or a society or something??
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    W00t another member,

ok so its 1 boy and 3 women lol, boys pls join in,

ok what input do you have, what methods of stopping procrastination has helped you?
    Urm... In previous years I've worked by bribing myself with things I want, so I finish one physics unit I can have a biscuit, do a maths paper take the dog a walk etc This year that's all gone out the window so far though :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzylemonade)
    For the majority of my life

Doing GCSEs, so aiming for A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A XD
    Hi Suzylemonade, can I call you suzy?
    What subjects are you doing?
    Good luck with those, what year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Suzylemonade, can I call you suzy?
    What subjects are you doing?
    Good luck with those, what year are you in?
    Yep, go ahead Almost everyone calls me Suzy xD
    I'm doing Maths, Bio, Chem, Physics, English Lit + Lang, History, Geography, German, French and Food Tech. I HATE food tech xD
    Thanks, and I'm in year 11

What subjects do you take?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.