Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anamkhalid97)
    Is there a section D in the exam tomorrow?! :eek:
    Yeah, don worry though its mostly data interpretation and stuff like that - not really knowledge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    i lost all the marks for the 6 marker in Section B and C grr.... :facepalm::facepalm:

i had around 22,19,13,5 total = 59

hmm the section B 6 marker was a little *****, at the time I did that I had no idea what bile did att alll! and for ages I was like why is the PH changing huhhh D: then I realised fatty ACIDS are produced it was like the biggest OHHHHHH ever

ohh section D is actually a lot harder than I thought it would be, they are bloody awkward with their questions :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowing)
    Yeah, don worry though its mostly data interpretation and stuff like that - not really knowledge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh okay, that specimen paper was solid

ReputationRep:
    I swear the biggest problem in these exams is not knowing what the mark scheme wants :/ and what the question is actually asking for

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowing)
    I swear the biggest problem in these exams is not knowing what the mark scheme wants :/ and what the question is actually asking for

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I find that especially with biology.

Although physics is still way too wordy for something so direct

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what sort of grade boundaries you'd expect if the specimen paper was real?

ReputationRep:
    anybody cramming a bit ..like me ?

Ryan

ReputationRep:
    I have a question- if I got a borderline A in my CA, so 37 which is 80 UMS, and 117 UMS in last year's paper, minus them from the 320 overall needed to get an A which is 123, that means I need to get a mid/high B in this paper to get an A overall? Are my workings out correct? Please reply, anyone! This has made me excited! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    Yes
    THIS HAS MADE MY WHOLE LIFE THANK YOU JATZ AND GOOD LUCK! Now to cram and make sure I get that B woo

ReputationRep:
    I wanna go back to sleep :emo: :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    Lol yeah I'm cramming the last few topics of B6 in my bed... damn getting 3 A* in the 3 Sciences with other exams is tough with other exams crammed in

Jatz
    I pretty much studied for the ones I'm doing for a level, gcses are a stepping stone to a level and lose value once you are there, my brother got like b's and some A's at gcses but at a level he got 3 a*'s in maths physics and chemistry and he is now studying mechanical engineering at imperial London

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    Actually, never mind, I just found out that detritivores are organisms that feed on dead and decaying material but then it says bacteria/sacrophytes are decomposers...aren't bacteria/sacrophytes organisms as well though lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ^^--so anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ^^--so anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    all i have learnt is that detrivores are a form of decomposers since they increase the SA for stuff
    e.g. earthworm//woodlice

oh and people

are you:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I wanna go back to sleep :emo: :cry2:
    i went to sleep at around 1...woke up at 7 ... cramming since then ...it isnt bad

ReputationRep:
    all i have learnt is that detrivores are a form of decomposers since they increase the SA for stuff
    e.g. earthworm//woodlice

oh and people

are you:

Ah, I see

Lol, nothing like good old spongebob to brighten up our day...although he didn't receive his promotion in the end though, did he?

I'm mostly ready just need to go over the menstrual cycle again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I see

Lol, nothing like good old spongebob to brighten up our day...although he didn't receive his promotion in the end though, did he?

I'm mostly ready just need to go over the menstrual cycle again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    im confident on B4 and B5...B6 to go.... the exam is in the afternoon?

i am going to leave home at around 12:30..... so it will be good!

Ryan

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried because I haven't done nay past papers, I guess I'll do the specimen paper this morning.

ReputationRep:
    im confident on B4 and B5...B6 to go.... the exam is in the afternoon?

i am going to leave home at around 12:30..... so it will be good!

Ryan
    Yeah, I'm going to leave for school around that time...I'm supposed to go to normal lessons but I doubt the school will mind I I stay home during the morning

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm going to leave for school around that time...I'm supposed to go to normal lessons but I doubt the school will mind I I stay home during the morning

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have lessons?!?

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know anything from b123? Oh and what are percentiles?!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 3, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.