Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sighnomore)
    Ooh the tension is too much!

Maths department are killing me, had my 2 week email on the 7th and haven't heard back since. Anyone heard anything for Maths AND Econ?

Hoping this isn't a bad sign...
    Interesting - I'm maths WITH econ, but also got the 2 week email of the 7th and nothing since...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sighnomore)
    Ooh the tension is too much!

Maths department are killing me, had my 2 week email on the 7th and haven't heard back since. Anyone heard anything for Maths AND Econ?

Hoping this isn't a bad sign...
    (Original post by scottface)
    Nah I'm the same, got the 2 week email on the 7th and nothing yet.

TBH its nothing to worry about, I'm expecting as with my other application we will just get a strong enough email when they send out the next batch.
    (Original post by bluebell_flames)
    Interesting - I'm maths WITH econ, but also got the 2 week email of the 7th and nothing since...
    Me too! Looks like there might be something wrong here if there are 4 of us who got 2 week email from maths department on 7th Oct and we all haven't heard anything 3 weeks later! I think we should all email them.

ReputationRep:
    Only got my 5 week email yesterday but I keep refreshing my inbox already, oh dear!
    Guess I'm just excited
    My 2 week one had only been in my inbox for 24 hours when I got my 5 week one, lets hope the wait stays this short! Couldn't bear waiting 5 weeks for a rejection!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josiejo1970)
    Me too! Looks like there might be something wrong here if there are 4 of us who got 2 week email from maths department on 7th Oct and we all haven't heard anything 3 weeks later! I think we should all email them.
    That would annoy the hell out of them.

ReputationRep:
    Received my '5 week' e-mail from LSE for Gov + Eco. Hoping that i get through as my predicted grades are sufficient, however, i did SL maths (IB) and my personal statement included 200 words or so on my interests in philosophy since i applied for PPE at Oxford too. Will this be a massive problem or is getting the 5 week email a suggestion that it's not since you'd think that you'd be rejected after the two week email if it were? Also, is government and economics one of the more competitive courses offered by LSE? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elnacho)
    Received my '5 week' e-mail from LSE for Gov + Eco. Hoping that i get through as my predicted grades are sufficient, however, i did SL maths (IB) and my personal statement included 200 words or so on my interests in philosophy since i applied for PPE at Oxford too. Will this be a massive problem or is getting the 5 week email a suggestion that it's not since you'd think that you'd be rejected after the two week email if it were? Also, is government and economics one of the more competitive courses offered by LSE? Thanks
    It won't be a problem. I know people who've got in at Oxford for PPE and then got into P&P or I think Gov+Eco at LSE. Certainly, I know 2 people who got into P&P after applying to Oxford with a personal statement split equally between the 3. My personal statement is focused on all three equally, but with slightly less on economics, and I'm still applying to two courses with only 2 of the three subjects (UCL econ+phil and LSE p&p).

ReputationRep:
    Oh hey guys! Received the "five weeks" emails for Law! Congrats to all of you who have received the email too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DawnTsai)
    Oh hey guys! Received the "five weeks" emails for Law! Congrats to all of you who have received the email too!
    Ooo envious!! I'm applying to law too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Son1809)
    12A*s at GCSE. 5A's at AS Level, and predicted 5A*s. Those are in Biology, Maths, Chemistry, History and Irish. My personal statement is poor though. How about you?
    Wow congrats mate you should definitely get an offer. 6A's at AS and 4A*'s achieved at A2 (Gap year applicant - rejected last cycle!). You applied to Oxbridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AadityaOwaisShah)
    Got me 5 weeker, just 12 hrs after my 2 weeker....
    what did you apply for man ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    That would annoy the hell out of them.
    I disagree - it says on the 2 weeks email that they will be in touch in 2 weeks and it is now 3 weeks. It also says in the email that if you have any queries then to get in touch. It isn't about annoying them or being a nuisance and if they hadn't given a timescale then I wouldn't email them at all but they said 2 weeks and it is now 3 weeks so I think it is ok to email them. Its a bit strange that there are 4 people from that same date who haven't heard anything at all. They might have had a blip in their computer system for that day maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schlili)
    Economics is great! I live in Austria, not in Italy But yeah Vienna is pretty awesome (best living standard in the world - hello?)
    Hey a fellow Austrian
    Didn't think there were any on here!
    I'm from Graz. Congrats on getting the 5 weeks email... I'm still waiting for IR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snwh)
    Wow congrats mate you should definitely get an offer. 6A's at AS and 4A*'s achieved at A2 (Gap year applicant - rejected last cycle!). You applied to Oxbridge?
    Someone with those grades being rejected is worrying! Yeah, PPE at Oxford. I don't think anything is set in stone - I know a guy who got 10A*s and 5As in subjects almost identical to mine two years ago and got a rejection for Gov & Economics. A lot depends on the personal statement - and mine is frankly rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any replies for straight Economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james0527)
    Anyone got any replies for straight Economics?
    I got my 2 week email on the 7th, and my 5 week email on the 10th and haven't heard back since. you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    I know best subject . My bad, but what do I know of Geography :P, it sounded Italian. Nice, I actually wasn't aware of that! Seems like your sorted then?

Would be great to go and have a visit sometime
    (Original post by hieuluu)
    Argh lucky! The wait is killing me. Just got my 2 weeks email a few days ago so I reckon I need to wait longer. When did you send your off?
    (Original post by Loretta_8)
    When did u send yr app?
    Yeah, you definitely need to visit! It's a great city!

I waited like 10 days, so no need to worry... I think how fast you get responses also depends on what course you applied for

ReputationRep:
    Some of my friends who have been rejected already was told by LSE that they had poor personal statements. They applied for straight econs, all have amazing GSCE and predicted grades, they do further maths tooo. :eek:

For those who have not applied, your personal statement is really really important.

ReputationRep:
    Alright future managers

I sent off on 14th. Got the two weeks email on 16th and the five weeks email on 25th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josiejo1970)
    Has anyone emailed them in the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goweee)
    Some of my friends who have been rejected already was told by LSE that they had poor personal statements. They applied for straight econs, all have amazing GSCE and predicted grades, they do further maths tooo. :eek:

For those who have not applied, your personal statement is really really important.
    I'm shocked because my GCSEs are piss poor and I thought my personal statement was rubbish too!
    Dreading the next email off of them! (Already had a 5 week one)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.