Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinny)
    Hi Arsey, Isn't the median found by doing 1/2 X N which is 35 and you take the 35.5th value? That would make your interpolation different because you used 35 and not 35.5. Cheers
    For the international paper that is

ReputationRep:
    From what I know, we use 35.5th when the date is not grouped. eg, {1, 2, 3, 4...}
    When it comes to grouped data (1<X<3;3<X<5...), we use the value straight from the calculated value, 70/2 = 35th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinny)
    For the international paper that is
    Would you lose marks for doing it this way? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    what if the venn diagram is drawn using decimal propabilities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayesha Rathod)
    what if the venn diagram is drawn using decimal propabilities
    Some previous mark schemes have allowed answers as "x/100" or equivalent where "100" is the total number of the subject, ie written in probability form.

I would doubt whether or not you would gain all accuracy marks, although you should get the method marks providing the the probabilities have been converted correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzachjoy)
    Would you lose marks for doing it this way? Cheers
    When you need to use interpolation, as you are dealing with grouped data, you must NOT round in any way.

Therefore you probably lost at least the accuracy marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenny Loftun)
    Arsey, for C2 do we need to know change of base (logs)? In your June 2011 C2 thread you say it's not needed as they don't ask questions regarding change of base?
    Change of base may be used, although not always necessary to manipulate certain logarithms. In previous papers you may use change of base rule, although I don't remember any C2 paper directly asking to use it.

Even should they ask, you are provided with the formula.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graham981)
    Change of base may be used, although not always necessary to manipulate certain logarithms. In previous papers you may use change of base rule, although I don't remember any C2 paper directly asking to use it.

Even should they ask, you are provided with the formula.
    am i correct in thinking that the change of base rule is the only formula provided ? also what other formula's do we need to know regarding those ' show that ' questions that come up at the start of a diffrentiation one - especially formulae regarding circles/sphere's/cylinders

oh and regarding S1 , do you think i would lose a mark for not putting a zero in the rest of the sample space in the Venn Diagram question ? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Is it okay if I drew the venn diagram in pencil.?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where is the unofficial mark scheme for last Fridays s1 exam please ??

ReputationRep:
    I feel crap cos this exam was hard for me, ngl :')

ReputationRep:
    im so confident with this paper after looking at arsey's answers, provided arsey's answers were right.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have a list of all the past S1 grade boundaries?
    Somebody posted it up for M1, but I cant seem to find it for S1
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undisclosed 15)
    Is it okay if I drew the venn diagram in pencil.?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did my whole C1 exam in pencil and got 97 UMS

ReputationRep:
    Did you use HB pencil?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qmakz)
    I did my whole C1 exam in pencil and got 97 UMS
    Did you use HB pencil?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miah-117)
    Where is the unofficial mark scheme for last Fridays s1 exam please ??
    on page one of this thread........................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undisclosed 15)
    Did you use HB pencil?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was a refillable one 1.4 HB I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caribbeantwist)
    Yeah you can't get any sort of special considerations unless there has been like a death or some kind of upset on that particular day, even then they are pretty harsh and only up your mark by a few percent!
    I was really distracted, someone smelt like they hadn't washed for weeks, the guy next to me was doing some kind of leg exercises and everyone kept shuffling their papers really noisily! It's really irritating how some people don't have any consideration for other candidates! Oh well, join the s1 resit club I suppose!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah , i wouldn't like that kinda thing done to me u know. but anyways i went and forced em to put me in a room this time for my physics retake, aced it , so deffo works, i would say make sure if you have requested separate room cos of extra time or even because u are easily distracted (like myself) make sure there is no way dat shiz a few of us taking the exam had.

ReputationRep:
    What do we reckon, less than 75 for 100UMS?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.