Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity_4652)
    I have to pay £20 - why different prices??
    I don't think my college charges for ID cards. :awesome: Well, if they do they haven't mentioned it yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsjmcgrath)
    I am I have to get the bus to school on Thursday too so I keep thinking that I'm going to collapse from anxiety and what-not at the bus stop. I need someone else to be on the bus with me otherwise I probably won't be able to cope!
    I have planned everything in the likely even that I have one ._. Luckily my mums agreed to take me to my school to get my results ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophF_rth)
    It's only for AS hence why it doesn't matter. I took Econimcs for GCSE and it was too boring. I won't get into a top uni anyway so doesn't really matter, I've emailed unis I want to go to and they a said its fine even for A2! So I'm doing Maths, Business, Politics & psychology.

Ours in the same, maybe the cost of ID cards goes into the college fund!
    Plus all the school trip are riduculous too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why wont you get into a top uni?? Why not aim high??

A college can not ask £150 for 1 ID card.
    If i were you, i would be suspicious with what they are doing with that money (even if it goes into the college fund).

(Original post by harrybithell196)
    I don't think my college charges for ID cards. :awesome: Well, if they do they haven't mentioned it yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you got your enrolment day letter?? If it says nothing on there to do with your ID card, then yours is free!

I really do wonder these freaking damn colleges have so many different prices for ID cards!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh nice! Where is she doing it? I'm thinking about IR/Politics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    University of Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    Mum booked the day off for results day.....purely to take me to the dentist straight after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blamethenargles)
    I have planned everything in the likely even that I have one ._. Luckily my mums agreed to take me to my school to get my results ^.^
    Ah, lucky you My parents are both working that day. That being said, it could technically be more tense in the car - last year my dad took me and I got incredibly nervous; didn't help that he didn't put any music on though. Also getting the bus means I can go into town to drink my sorrows/celebrate/breathe a heavy sigh of relief whereas if I was going in the car I'd be going in and going back home in the space of about ten minutes.

Blegh. I want the day to come but I also don't. It's a horrid wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    That's alright then and I'll probably get an A anyway but I won't be happy with a B as I need 9 A*/A s for medicine
    I'm only doing 9 subjects.

ReputationRep:
    I've refused to let anyone take me lol.

I'm going on the bus as usual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Yay!
    Unfortunately there's a lack of resources

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsjmcgrath)
    Ah, lucky you My parents are both working that day. That being said, it could technically be more tense in the car - last year my dad took me and I got incredibly nervous; didn't help that he didn't put any music on though. Also getting the bus means I can go into town to drink my sorrows/celebrate/breathe a heavy sigh of relief whereas if I was going in the car I'd be going in and going back home in the space of about ten minutes.

Blegh. I want the day to come but I also don't. It's a horrid wait.
    I've given my mum clear instructions on what to do on results day>.< once I've got my results I will be ok so mums taking me straight to Cardiff!
    I get incredibly nervous too, I just implode its kind of awful and embarrassing .-.

ReputationRep:
    Why wont you get into a top uni?? Why not aim high??

A college can not ask £150 for 1 ID card.
    If i were you, i would be suspicious with what they are doing with that money (even if it goes into the college fund).
    Well my GCSE are just average. ABBBBBBCC

I didn't meant it all goes for the ID card but some of it must. Well it is a good college so I don't mind too much. It just seems a lot compared to before!

ReputationRep:
    Have you got your enrolment day letter?? If it says nothing on there to do with your ID card, then yours is free!

I really do wonder these freaking damn colleges have so many different prices for ID cards!
    Yes, I have got my enrolment letter and it doesn't say anything about a charge. Woo!

Isn't it optional for some colleges? It is compulsory at my college so I guess that's why they don't charge. Unless it is compulsory at yours as well then it seems a bit unfair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I'll be getting 2 non-GCSE's (they're not BTECs) which has pissed me off as my school decided to change those for people who were struggling, as well as 6 GCSE's on the day - [I already have an A in Maths and Core Science]

So altogether I should have 8 GCSE's and 2 other qualifications, is this a massive problem for me if I want to study at a Russel Group Uni? My predictions are all A/A*s but I'm not sure I'll get those

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LikeNarnia)
    So I'll be getting 2 non-GCSE's (they're not BTECs) which has pissed me off as my school decided to change those for people who were struggling, as well as 6 GCSE's on the day - [I already have an A in Maths and Core Science]

So altogether I should have 8 GCSE's and 2 other qualifications, is this a massive problem for me if I want to study at a Russel Group Uni? My predictions are all A/A*s but I'm not sure I'll get those

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Won't be a problem, just the grades that matter but not a lot compared to AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blamethenargles)
    I've given my mum clear instructions on what to do on results day>.< once I've got my results I will be ok so mums taking me straight to Cardiff!
    I get incredibly nervous too, I just implode its kind of awful and embarrassing .-.
    Oh, why Cardiff?

I can't stand it. Some people seem to think it's stupid that I'm worrying, even I do really, but I seriously think I didn't do enough to get the grades I want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrybithell196)
    Yes, I have got my enrolment letter and it doesn't say anything about a charge. Woo!

Isn't it optional for some colleges? It is compulsory at my college so I guess that's why they don't charge. Unless it is compulsory at yours as well then it seems a bit unfair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, if they say you have to pay - i dont think its optional.

Yep, it is compulsory at my college.

Well my GCSE are just average. ABBBBBBCC

I didn't meant it all goes for the ID card but some of it must. Well it is a good college so I don't mind too much. It just seems a lot compared to before!
    Im sure them gcses are fine!
    You probably wont get into oxbridge, but the ones like UCL and kings college are more than happy to accept you.

Out of curiosity, is your college rated 'outsanding' by ofsted?

ReputationRep:
    Sadly for results day I'm away, so I've got my sister to go in and open my results while skyping me. It's better than waiting for another two weeks for them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Won't be a problem, just the grades that matter but not a lot compared to AS.
    Ahh good, I'm going to really try much harder this next two years to get the best grades that I can, and surely they want top AS grades, personal statement etc?
    Also if I were to study law, how do I go about getting work experience; or does that only apply to medicine students?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, if they say you have to pay - i dont think its optional.

Yep, it is compulsory at my college.

Im sure them gcses are fine!
    You probably wont get into oxbridge, but the ones like UCL and kings college are more than happy to accept you.

Out of curiosity, is your college rated 'outsanding' by ofsted?
    I wouldn't pay attention to Ofsted. My school is rated outstanding when it really isn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I wouldn't pay attention to Ofsted. My school is rated outstanding when it really isn't
    My college is rated 'good'. Im hoping its enough to satisfy me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.