Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyTractor)
    Same. Manchester is amazing, even better than Royal Holloway! Congrats

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I applied for Social Anthropology so a lot less competitive haha congrats again, the buildings look so cool at RH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanover)
    When did you submit your application? I'm sooo excited about my results
    Thursday not last week but the week before! I received an offer about 6 days later and an interview last Friday

Have you submitted yours yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlossomS)
    UNIVERSTIES, Y U NO GIVE ME OFFERS?!!

Onto my 6th week now....:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same but its been about 4 weeks I think. Legitimately one of the most stressful ordeals EVER

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 more choices to get and I really want my first choice :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelgea)
    Thursday not last week but the week before! I received an offer about 6 days later and an interview last Friday

Have you submitted yours yet?
    Thats pretty early!!!, From which university did you get your first offer? I've heard that Manchester is doing quite fast
    I submitted mine 4 days ago and track it every seconds

ReputationRep:
    why does it have to be my first choice which is the last university to get back to me?

ReputationRep:
    Got my second reply and second unconditional offer. Offers now for Bedfordshire and Central Lancashire. Still waiting on Plymouth, Chichester and Southampton Solent.

But having offers makes the waiting a little less stressful. I feel for you guys who are waiting and waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I am one of those people who count the days and weeks and have it all recorded....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I am now checking UCAS three times a minute and its making me anxious. Just as a words of advice, be careful not to fall in the same trap as me.

ReputationRep:
    I opened my gmail and saw an email from Edinburgh! Opened ucas track and... there was nothing. Then opened Edinburgh euclid website and saw that they need my predicted grades. god dammit my hands were shaking that one minute...
    p.s. I am EU student

ReputationRep:
    Got a rejection from Glasgow today Now I have to wait for my other choices which probably won't reply to me until the deadline... waahahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    is anyone applying to St Andrews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tina111)
    Got a rejection from Glasgow today Now I have to wait for my other choices which probably won't reply to me until the deadline... waahahahahaha
    Oh dear..
    What is your average grade then? Did they mention any specific reason? :/

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear..
    What is your average grade then? Did they mention any specific reason? :/
    my average is 1,5 and the specific reason has been that not ALL of my individual marks are at leased 12 points. (At first they made a conditional offer to me, but this did not make any sense as I already have all my qualifications.)

I do not really understand them as I want to study Spanish and Sociology and have 15 points in Spanish and 14 or 15 in all social sciences and other languages. Besides, English advanced course and the IELTS test with 8.0... but in biology e.g I have "just" 11 points and in maths one time 9 .. but in my final exam 13. Sorry for mentioning so many details but I am a little bit sad that the first decision I received has been a rejection :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrockgirl96)
    is anyone applying to St Andrews?
    Yes, I am. For Social Anthropology and Spanish...

But I just applied to St Ansrews in order to use all of my 5 choices.. I don't really think that I have a chance (They want germany to have 1,3 - I have 1,5)

And you? What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    it's my first choice! Modern history really hope I get in!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tina111)
    my average is 1,5 and the specific reason has been that not ALL of my individual marks are at leased 12 points. (At first they made a conditional offer to me, but this did not make any sense as I already have all my qualifications.)

I do not really understand them as I want to study Spanish and Sociology and have 15 points in Spanish and 14 or 15 in all social sciences and other languages. Besides, English advanced course and the IELTS test with 8.0... but in biology e.g I have "just" 11 points and in maths one time 9 .. but in my final exam 13. Sorry for mentioning so many details but I am a little bit sad that the first decision I received has been a rejection :/
    Well, I can understand your situation. Now I'm kinda worried, too, since not all my courses are above 12. But maybe it's only obligatory in Glasgow, not else where. I've just looked it up and they do make this clear on the website -.-
    Maybe you also should have a look at Edinburgh or Aberdeen to avoid disappoinment..
    Hope it's not inappropriate to ask something different, how was the IELTS test for you, was it like easy, cause 8 is excellent!! I have English advanced course as well (14) and I'm going to take it soon.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I can understand your situation. Now I'm kinda worried, too, since not all my courses are above 12. But maybe it's only obligatory in Glasgow, not else where. I've just looked it up and they do make this clear on the website -.-
    Maybe you also should have a look at Edinburgh or Aberdeen to avoid disappoinment..
    Hope it's not inappropriate to ask something different, how was the IELTS test for you, was it like easy, cause 8 is excellent!! I have English advanced course as well (14) and I'm going to take it soon.
    Yes, I know that they made that clear on their webpage but the "problem" is that I could only find 5 universities in Scotland which offer my combination of Sociology and Spanish/ Hispanic Studies and to study in England is just too expensive (In Scotland, EU students do not have to pay for their study). In Aberdeen and Stirling, I am way above the entry requirements so I have still hope. It's unlikely to receive an offer from Edinburgh and St Andrews, I know. Still, if I would have one offer already it would be a lot easier to get rejected by the other choices :P

I realised that I actually do not need the IELTS test -.- A lot of universities are fine if English is part of your Abitur. (Of course with a good grade, but 14 is great!) You should try to figure this out firstly^^

And if you have to do the test, I would say the most important thing is to prepare for it well. You have to know what they want and to get used to the types of different tasks. I would recommend to register at "Road to IELTS" which is an online application. It contains original tests and a lot of advice. Do you want to have detailed information on the different tasks?

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Thats pretty early!!!, From which university did you get your first offer? I've heard that Manchester is doing quite fast
    I submitted mine 4 days ago and track it every seconds

I felt like it took forever, the majority of people i know got offers within the first few days! My offer was from Portsmouth but they offered me a different course than the one i want to do because apparently this one 'better suits my academic profile'. I was like that all last week! I've become better this week though, only checking it once a day :P Good Luck, i hope you get an offer soon!

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.