Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
BPU (same as Blaha)
The Scooby snack fed. Good to hear.

When I lift it'll be gbpf.
Original post by Motorbiker
The Scooby snack fed. Good to hear.

When I lift it'll be gbpf.

The only fed for me.

The qualifying totals for that are pretty high aren't they? A lot higher than BPU. The BPU totals seem really low, although I suppose not that many people compete in powerlifting anyway, and most of them rightly or wrongly compete in the more "prestigious" tested feds, so they can't be too fussy.
The only fed for me.

The qualifying totals for that are pretty high aren't they? A lot higher than BPU. The BPU totals seem really low, although I suppose not that many people compete in powerlifting anyway, and most of them rightly or wrongly compete in the more "prestigious" tested feds, so they can't be too fussy.

Yea, gbpf senior u83kg qualifying total is only 512.5kg.

Scooby snacks help though with your higher totals...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same as BPU (BPU is 512.5kg for u82.5kg). That's what I mean by BPU totals seem low, to say it's untested, they're the same if not lower than GBPF.
Same as BPU (BPU is 512.5kg for u82.5kg). That's what I mean by BPU totals seem low, to say it's untested, they're the same if not lower than GBPF.

Yea, you're right that is low.

Maybe they just made the totals similar on purpose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you mean what i think you mean by Scooby snacks?
Yea, you're right that is low.

Maybe they just made the totals similar on purpose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps, although when you get up to higher weight classes GBPF has higher totals.
For example:
GBPF 105kg is 715kg total
BPU 110kg is 585kg

DA***!

Maybe it's a case of lots more people compete in the GBPF and so they can have higher totals while maintaining a reasonable sized field at nationals, where as the BPU has far fewer entrants (that are then split up into raw/wraps/equipped) and so needs low totals to ensure enough people qualify and pad it out? Wouldn't be very good if you ended up with weight classes of 1-2 people at your feds national meet and it was over in a few hours.
27th January 2015

Squats -
60kg X 5
82kg X 5
105kg X 5
125kg X 5
145kg X 5
165kg X 5
180kg X 1
200kg X 1
180kg X 5

Bench -
60kg X 5
72kg X 5
87.5kg X 5
100kg X 5
115kg X 5

Bench felt awful. First time benching in 2-3 weeks as I've had tendonitis, lost the groove a little bit. Also first time benching at new gym, different rack/bar/bench, felt weird.

Update:
Started meet prep yesterday for meet on April 19th. Weighed in yesterday at 102.9kg, aiming to compete at 90kg as I'll be very competitive, (assuming my lifts don't go to ****). Carrying a little bloat/excess water atm from some additional supplementation, plus it's a 24hour weigh in so I can water cut, so I figure that takes care of the 3kg, leaving 10kg to lose in 12 weeks. Ideally I want to lose that with two weeks to go so that I can cruise in at maintenance or so. I'll know if I'm on track to make weight with plenty of time to spare, worst case scenario I compete at 100kg and gain a little weight in the month running up to the meet.

Decided I'm just going to run a customised Madcows for 8weeks as it's simple and I can manage workouts on reduced calories, then Sheiko#32 in the 4weeks running up to meet day as a deload/mini peak.

Taking the barbell rows out on squat/bench day and moving them to a 4th day, as squatting for reps gives me crazy back pumps.

Plus taking out squats on deadlift day to save energy/my knees/my hips

Will simply be

Squat and bench

Deadlift and OHP

Squat and bench

Rows and assorted accessories.

Simples.
Which comp are you at and where?

Think my comp I'm planning on entering is that day...
Which comp are you at and where?

Think my comp I'm planning on entering is that day...

BPU Midlands qualifier in Birmingham. Although they still haven't opened enteries as no host gym yet...

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
BPU Midlands qualifier in Birmingham. Although they still haven't opened enteries as no host gym yet...

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gbpf southwest qualifier in Cheltenham.

Host gym sorted but I've not signed up yet.
Tuesday 3rd Feb 2015

Squats -
60kg 3X5
85kg X 5
110kg X 5
130kg X 5
150kg X 1
180kg X 1
200kg X 1
220kg X 1(PB)
185kg X 4

Tuesday 3rd Feb 2015

Squats -
60kg 3X5
85kg X 5
110kg X 5
130kg X 5
150kg X 1
180kg X 1
200kg X 1
220kg X 1(PB)
185kg X 4

Looked high :frown:
Yeah Scoobs gotta agree, looks like your "PB" squats just keep getting higher and higher to me! :tongue:
Awkward
Original post by Jtking3000
Looked high :frown:

Thought that too when I watched it back, although depth felt the same as normal and bar seems to reach the same depth in the rack as usual. I think the baggy shorts/hoodie make it look a lot higher than it was. If you pause it at the bottom it looks like a cm high? Yolo. Was easy so will redo it this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thought that too when I watched it back, although depth felt the same as normal and bar seems to reach the same depth in the rack as usual. I think the baggy shorts/hoodie make it look a lot higher than it was. If you pause it at the bottom it looks like a cm high? Yolo. Was easy so will redo it this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A cm? We are talking a couple of inches at least lol.

And it doesn't look much higher than normal because they all look high lol.

True though it looked pretty effortless so why not just try and sink it deeper?

Quick Reply

Latest