Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, same here Darielle. I wrote out that list though, which does make you feel a *bit* more in control!

Do you know what the deal is with the health interview? I sent off those health forms, but do you have to actually go to see a doctor/nurse for a whole check up thing, or do you only go if they ask you to?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. My friend has even bought a specimin bottle for the urine test, but it says "Only on request", so i'm not sure what that means.

ReputationRep:
    woahh....2 days 2 go...cnt w8,last couple of days hav bn hectic...ok wha am i missin,so far iv gt
    laptop
    cutlery
    toiletries
    washing up stuff
    clothes
    i think that about it..what am i missing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ricksta007)
    woahh....2 days 2 go...cnt w8,last couple of days hav bn hectic...ok wha am i missin,so far iv gt
    laptop
    cutlery
    toiletries
    washing up stuff
    clothes
    i think that about it..what am i missing?
    You're missing high alcohol content spirits, a must for breaking ice on the first night. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Books, music, crappy posters....

ReputationRep:
    I currently have 7 boxes full of stuff plus a suitcase so I don't think I should advise anyone on what to pack..

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to sound/be so ignorant, but where do we pick our room keys up from? I thought I should try and get organised today but I'm failing miserably it seems. Should it tell me on one of the accomodation letter thingys?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lladro)
    Sorry to sound/be so ignorant, but where do we pick our room keys up from? I thought I should try and get organised today but I'm failing miserably it seems. Should it tell me on one of the accomodation letter thingys?:confused:
    Is there something in one of the pdf's on the sheffield website where you log in aobut it?

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, I'll have a look. Ta muchly.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it tells ya. hmm...... ah yes jus found it. If you sign in online where you accepted yout contract there is a section on key collection.

It says u actually collect your keys from opal house.
    Saturaday 10.00 - 8.00
    Sunday 10.00 - 6.00

ReputationRep:
    I think there is a key collection on or something..

BUT I AM USELESS. So its not my fault

ReputationRep:
    I found the key collection thing, and I'm presuming that you just collect your keys at reception at Opal? But then again I could be wrong too..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darielle)
    I currently have 7 boxes full of stuff plus a suitcase so I don't think I should advise anyone on what to pack..
    I have four boxes, a suitcase, two sports bags, and my laptop! Shoes/boots and bags are a pain to pack, they take up so much room, and I don't even have that many.
    Oh, and then I have my duvet and pillows as well!

FiL, did you ask if we have a lamp in our room? I could have sworn I read somewhere that we do, the same place where it says we have shelves.

I didn't like the bit that said we may have to supply a urine sample 'upon request'. Then again, rather that than a blood sample. Last time I had that done I fainted, made me feel like a right wuss

ReputationRep:
    The stuff I've packed will never fit in my room. I have 5 holdalls, 2 suitcases, a bunch of carrier bags, bedding and shoes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on taking loads of lamps- there is probably one there, but it might be one of those horribly flourecent ones that give you a headache. much nicer to have lamps... also remind you of home... if thats what you want! Trying as hard as I can to try and make it seem less like a square box. Getting stressed with everything now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brak3n)
    I have four boxes, a suitcase, two sports bags, and my laptop! Shoes/boots and bags are a pain to pack, they take up so much room, and I don't even have that many.
    Oh, and then I have my duvet and pillows as well!

FiL, did you ask if we have a lamp in our room? I could have sworn I read somewhere that we do, the same place where it says we have shelves.

I didn't like the bit that said we may have to supply a urine sample 'upon request'. Then again, rather that than a blood sample. Last time I had that done I fainted, made me feel like a right wuss
    I did ask yes, but I'm probably going to take my cool one anyway. But thanks!

So far I have a suitcase and 2 boxes and a rucksack. But I need to pack my computer stuff still. Which is a lot of boxes.

ReputationRep:
    I feel sick with neves today. I was left in the house by myself and was just walking up and down the stairs thinking what I needed to do next... So far I've:
    Ironed all my clothes (not packed them yet)
    Bought most the stuff for my room (not packed them yet)
    Bought kitchen stuff minus a frying pan (these are in a box!)

ReputationRep:
    I was so nervous that I err...slept.

ReputationRep:
    Are their any large people around who will volunteer to sit on my suitcase while I shut it?

ReputationRep:
    I went to the cinema today: Little miss sunshine.

Tis really good, thoroughly reccomend it Feeling a bit cheerier now too

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.