Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GandalfWhite)
    Could it be that LSE is no longer doing the 'gathered field' approach ? At least not for the obviously top notched applicants?
    This makes me sad as I haven't heard anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My apologies but there are lots of very good applicants too whereby I am sure they will be assessed using the gathered field approach. Just that there may be some clear cut rejections as well as some obvious offers based on past experience. Hang in there. It is only November ...in previous years January was considered very early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your academic record is excellent. But you are applying for Economics ... at least 14:1 ratio .... so I think some waiting should be expected ... good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any law offers from LSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stichybabe)
    Are there any law offers from LSE?
    That's even more competitive!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been offered a place on the economic history course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GandalfWhite)
    Your academic record is excellent. But you are applying for Economics ... at least 14:1 ratio .... so I think some waiting should be expected ... good luck.
    Thanks! I'm not really holding out as I didn't do FM last year and I'm only doing AS this year so I'm not too stressed about not hearing. Would love to have the option of choosing LSE though :/

ReputationRep:
    Will I get into LSE with an AAB prediction for the Economic history course? A in history, A in economics and B in Classics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by normandi)
    Has anyone receive offers for Accounting and Finance? What are your predicted grades and when did you send your applications?
    Hey! I applied 19th October. I have recieved the 2 week email and just received the 8 week email yesterday!

AAAB in maths, further maths, german and econ respectively
    A*AAA predicted in maths, further maths, economics and german

already got NN34 Accounting and Finance offers from Warwick and Bath both AAA; and an L100 economics offer from Nottingham AAB.

Waiting on UCL econ and LSE A and F

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercieo)
    Will I get into LSE with an AAB prediction for the Economic history course? A in history, A in economics and B in Classics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No one here can tell you if you'll get in but you meet the min requirements and have your A's in Econ & History so you're in with a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    Hey! I applied 19th October. I have recieved the 2 week email and just received the 8 week email yesterday!

AAAB in maths, further maths, german and econ respectively
    A*AAA predicted in maths, further maths, economics and german

already got NN34 Accounting and Finance offers from Warwick and Bath both AAA; and an L100 economics offer from Nottingham AAB.

Waiting on UCL econ and LSE A and F
    Hey Congrats! Did Warwick and Bath take long to reply? I just sent my UCAS application this week on Thursday. I applied to Bath Warwick LSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mariusk03)
    Management

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey bro I'm thinking of applying to Management at LSE next year. What kind of grades did you get in gcses and AS if you don't mind me asking? Also do you know what the career prospects are like for management at LSE? Is it seen as an easy degree or is it respected?

ReputationRep:
    I got the 8 week email yesterday, oh god the wait is going to kill me

ReputationRep:
    does LSE ever send out emails during the weekend?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been offered a place on the economic history course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Applied for Economics and Economic History, got the 8 week email 3 weeks ago. Haven't heard, still waiting . How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have one question :
    Do LSE rely on the "school reputation" to make offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrypotterfan6)
    Applied for Economics and Economic History, got the 8 week email 3 weeks ago. Haven't heard, still waiting . How about you?
    Yeah, I still haven't heard back yet but I only applied on Thursday haha! They sent me an email saying that they would respond in 12 weeks though… :/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I still haven't heard back yet but I only applied on Thursday haha! They sent me an email saying that they would respond in 12 weeks though… :/
    That's the first email. After you get a 2 week then an 8 week. I got my 8 week email a week ago :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mariusk03)
    I am doing the IB, 44 points predicted.. I think i had something like 55/62 points in MYP.. The career prospects are really good from what I've heard, I'd advise you to take a look at LSE's website and read through their prospect etc..
    Yes I have looked on their website but sometimes it's better to ask a real person because they won't be as biased, (LSE is trying to sell degrees)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gcseboy1997)
    That's the first email. After you get a 2 week then an 8 week. I got my 8 week email a week ago :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh okay! thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.