Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Brazil vs Germany semi-final Watch

• View Poll Results: Who will win Brazil vs Germany?
    Brazil to win
    26.42%
    Germany to win
    73.58%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    he's a good guy, he was just trying to save lives
    He's super attractive too :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    beat me to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy Secretan)
    Do you guys think it was more to do with the poorness of the Brazil team than the greatness of the German team?
    Yeah to an extent I mean it was a pretty **** brazil team tbf esp picking Fred and Bernard and not taking the likes of kaka, robinho, pato etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    There's a difference between brazil and Argentina...Messi!!
    That's what you think. :awesome:
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think it was more to do with the poorness of the Brazil team than the greatness of the German team?
    Both. I said it earlier that aside from Neymar providing occasional brilliance, dodgy ref decisions and home support, Brazil were average throughout the tournament and it's only taken until now for people to see that because they've come up against a team so strong like Germany.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Ozil moved the ball efficiently and gave Germany great flow, had good movement and linked up well with his team-mates. Got a smart assist as well.

Not sure what people expect, at this stage Ozil is just assumed to have played badly by many.
    You're right, maybe I'm a little too critical of him. But, he set such a massive benchmark for himself in 2006, ever since then I've always been comparing him to his great performance in that world cup (yes, it's ridiculous to compare his current form to how he was 8 years ago). I just didn't think he put his mark on this particular game, especially in the second half. Germany haven't been very impressive in this world cup. They're not weak, clearly they've been able to get decent results so far. But I'm still going with Holland to win the world cup, I can't see Germany beating them. They won't be able to handle Robben cutting in from the side.

ReputationRep:
    This explains everything

ReputationRep:
    All this Argentina praise. I remember 2010 when people said Messi was better than the entire German team. Didn't end that well for them. :dunce:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    You support Brazil and Argentina? lol
    I don't think I even like Argentina but Holland are so cocky, and I was born there! they shouldn't be this gassed.

that they playing legends tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was the 4-2-3-1. Maybe one day everybody else will realise what a **** formation it is. Every time at a top team gets thrashed, they're playing 4-2-3-1. It's no coincidence, it is a majorly flawed formation. But I've explained it so many times and I get ignored so I won't bother any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    That's what you think. :awesome:
    I think overall Netherlands are the better team but if Messi performs like he can then he should be able to see Argentina through I don't think any defence can handle him at full flow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    BRAZILLLLL

Posted from TSR Mobile
    your posts are so annoying on this thread. glad brazil lost just to see you disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SincereSoul)
    He's super attractive too :ahee:
    stop it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    You support Brazil and Argentina? lol
    She's high.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdef-)
    All this Argentina praise. I remember 2010 when people said Messi was better than the entire German team. Didn't end that well for them. :dunce:
    Mess is better tho..individually that is but not than the entire team put together

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    your posts are so annoying on this thread. glad brazil lost just to see you disappointed.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

areeb I was joking.

GERMANY did a good job but man Brazil got alot of explaining to do to their fans smh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A Germany/Netherlands final would be everything :coma:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    It was the 4-2-3-1. Maybe one day everybody else will realise what a **** formation it is. Every time at a top team gets thrashed, they're playing 4-2-3-1. It's no coincidence, it is a majorly flawed formation. But I've explained it so many times and I get ignored so I won't bother any more.
    Hmm I'm intrigued so explain it if u don't mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    I don't think I even like Argentina but Holland are so cocky, and I was born there! they shouldn't be this gassed.

that they playing legends tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dutch football has to be arrogant, the team genuinely needs that dismissive complex to be successful

Dutchies going in dry tomorrow as well

ReputationRep:
    People I am joking.

Germany are good team! well done. Happy for you guys.

Argentina to win tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.