Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Hotpie)
    Fair point with the midfield, I like them all though, I reckon most of them have a good chance of pulling off a good season. It is probably a bit of a risk though, so I've cut out Puncheon and replaced him with Fabregas, meaning Filipe Luis is out in place of Ward to reduce the amount of Chelsea players. Azpilicueta should be solid I think, he was a first team regular last season, and I'm reasonably confident with Dawson considering he's Tottenhams captain. See how GW1 goes and use my free transfer on him if he doesn't start. Rooney's been cut in favour of Giroud to raise funds for this, which is irritating because I think United will excell under Van Gaal (as much as I hate to admit that as a LFC fan), but I suppose it can't be helped.
    Reckon Rooney's as near essential as anyone can be at this point of the season. Should excel, as you say, plus very nice fixtures to start plus no europe. I had the same three strikers as yourself but ended up dropping Sturridge reluctantly so I could put a bit more money into the mids.

(Original post by don'tTRIP.)
    Skimped on my defence (Debuchy, Davies, Janmaat, van Aanholt and Mariappa) to revamp the rest of my team.

Van Aanholt could be a real gem IMO, but not sure what, if anything, about my defence I should improve with 1.5mil left to spare?
    I've spent the same on my back five currently. Have played about spending an extra one or two mil to get a proper big hitter/s. Not sure if it's worth it so early on though
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    haven't got any city players because their start is by far the hardest out of any other team (newcastle, liverpool, stoke, arsenal, chelsea); jesus!
    Hardest of the top seven perhaps, but that's preferable to chelsea and stoke away, Everton, arsenal and man utd at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Hardest of the top seven perhaps, but that's preferable to chelsea and stoke away, Everton, arsenal and man utd at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wow, who has that?

i thought our (liverpool's) fixtures were hard, we have: soton (H), city (A), spurs (A), villa (H), west ham (H)
    soton is looking an easier game every day, but villa and west ham are certainly not bankers
    happy to to get the etihad game out of the way early though.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    wow, who has that?

i thought our (liverpool's) fixtures were hard, we have: soton (H), city (A), spurs (A), villa (H), west ham (H)
    soton is looking an easier game every day, but villa and west ham are certainly not bankers
    happy to to get the etihad game out of the way early though.
    Leicester - what a welcome back to the division. It's why if you're looking at the likes of Nugent, probably best to wait until matchday 6.

ReputationRep:
    Bilal96 is moiiiiii

hoping to actually keep up with this for the season

ReputationRep:
    Leicester - what a welcome back to the division. It's why if you're looking at the likes of Nugent, probably best to wait until matchday 6.
    haha no offence, but i'm not using any leicester players except albrighton (as a sub)
    do you think you'll be solid at home like most promoted teams>
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    haha no offence, but i'm not using any leicester players except albrighton (as a sub)
    No offence taken. I don't have a clue - we were dominant at home last season but it came more from a Keegan-esque "you score 3, we'll score 4" mentality - defensively we're a bit shoddy.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully they'll be solid after we've beaten them on the opening day

ReputationRep:
    Ward & Cameron or Lovren & Wisdom? 9.5 mill to fill

ReputationRep:
    No offence taken. I don't have a clue - we were dominant at home last season but it came more from a Keegan-esque "you score 3, we'll score 4" mentality - defensively we're a bit shoddy.
    sounds like us last season - jesus our matches were tense; beating fulham 3-2...
    (Original post by Incompl)
    Ward & Cameron or Lovren & Wisdom? 9.5 mill to fill
    i think cameron is a good shout in a stoke defence
    and wisdom will likely be a starter too

lovren is good but don't forget he's in a liverpool defence

personally i'd have wisdom and cameron; use the spare money to improve your team elsewhere

ReputationRep:

for 5.5 million i'd say it's worth a go.
    unless there are any other strikers of the same value you would suggest?
    I can't suggest a better gamble at that price and he has fixtures on his side. But i'll be amazed if he does well, as he's consistently demonstrated he's got the skills but doesn't have the chops for the end product. I would put the money somewhere else and play with dead rubber on the bench instead.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like us last season - jesus our matches were tense; beating fulham 3-2...

i think cameron is a good shout in a stoke defence
    and wisdom will likely be a starter too

lovren is good but don't forget he's in a liverpool defence

personally i'd have wisdom and cameron; use the spare money to improve your team elsewhere
    Do you not think Liverpool will be more defensively sound this season? They might not be so 'gung-ho' in terms of their tactics now that Rodgers doesn't need to accommodate SAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    I can't suggest a better gamble at that price and he has fixtures on his side. But i'll be amazed if he does well, as he's consistently demonstrated he's got the skills but doesn't have the chops for the end product. I would put the money somewhere else and play with dead rubber on the bench instead.
    true, i'm hoping he does well but i understand it will be a risk
    tbh any striker under 5.5m isn't even worth having though imo

i just want a team of 15 players who are more or less nailed on to start in their starting XI for club
    (Original post by Incompl)
    Do you not think Liverpool will be more defensively sound this season? They might not be so 'gung-ho' in terms of their tactics now that Rodgers doesn't need to accommodate SAS.
    yeah, i'm just ribbing my own team - it's allowed
    i think with a backline of manquillo-lovren-sakho-moreno would be fairly solid, but our defensive issues lie with us being so attacking tbh.

i wouldn't chance a liverpool defender just yet, i would advise watching a few games first

ReputationRep:
    Taken a punt on Knockeart. Love the guy after watching Leicester a couple of times last season. Really hope he can do something every now and then when I need him. Got De Laet as a super sub as well. Not expecting much but he does get forward a fair bit.

ReputationRep:
    So is bojan worth it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalidpatel)
    So is bojan worth it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please, please, PLEASE can you give us two captaincy choices and ask us to pick one already?

ReputationRep:
    If vidal comes to man utd... I wonder how much he'll be worth?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Micah Richards)
    Please, please, PLEASE can you give us two captaincy choices and ask us to pick one already?
    Costa or Rooney captain?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalidpatel)
    Costa or Rooney captain? Posted from TSR Mobile
    Rooney.

Never change Khalid, never change. You're one of the constants in my life. Off-season has been a hellish without you. You're perfect just the way you are.

edit: that guy that exposing you on last season's thread was probably the funniest thing I've seen in 4 years of TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Micah Richards)
    Rooney.

Never change Khalid, never change. You're one of the constants in my life. Off-season has been a hellish without you. You're perfect just the way you are.

edit: that guy that exposing you on last season's thread was probably the funniest thing I've seen in 4 years of TSR
    Looool yeah that was quite funny. I been missing fpl... Can't wait for it to start again next weekend. Already have my captain choice Rooney 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.