The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by DylanJ96
Good luck with the Baccalaureate! I started it too but dropped it half way through the year. :smile:

Thanks, i really wish i dropped it too as i only achieved a C on the project and i definitely think i deserved at least a B. Oh well what can i do now...
Original post by AndrewSCO
I don't see why not. You'd get a conditional offer for what you will be doing in 6th year.

Thank you, was not sure on whether I could have a chance:smile:.
Good luck for tomorrow folks! I was just reminiscing about when SQA sent a lot of people's (mine included!) results by text a day early by mistake :redface:

Here's hoping everything runs smoothly this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Enough trying to wind people up about a fictional "postage delay". It's not funny to try to stress out already stressed people.
Original post by Asklepios
I like how last year the postie pretty much folded mine in half despite it saying "Please Do Not Bend" all over the envelope :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that was nice of him... I'd have probably sent my demoniacally possessed cat after him to let him burn. You can borrow her if he does the same thing with anything else...

I really hate it when posties just ignore Do Not Bend or Fragile signs...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 745
Most people would leap in joy at the prospect of a late delivery of results. #onlyonTSR
More video magic - this time explaining what the different SCQF levels on the certificates mean...http://scqf.org.uk/videos/scqf-in-your-sqa-exam-results/
Been wondering about this for a while now. This year I sat 6 Highers and I need at least AAAA/AAABB for the universities I want to apply to, so say if I get AAAACC or AAABBC would this still meet the requirements? And would AAAAAB be considered better than 5As?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Passwords
Been wondering about this for a while now. This year I sat 6 Highers and I need at least AAAA/AAABB for the universities I want to apply to, so say if I get AAAACC or AAABBC would this still meet the requirements? And would AAAAAB be considered better than 5As?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as you get at least those results, then you are fine. Therefore, for AAAACC you have 4A's in there and so that's fine. For AAABBC you have 3A's and 2B's and so that is also fine!

AAAAAB would be better than 5A's but it doesnt really matter if you just need 5A's!

Hope this help, and if you need any more help then please let us know!

Good luck for tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it would if your condition was AAABB, also IMO AAAAAB would be considered better than 5A as you have sat an extra higher yet achieved A grades in 5 and you also have an extra higher B which will be thought of highly IMO

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's difficult to say for all universities as a whole, but generally speaking either they are going to look at 'overall achievement' or 'five best Highers.' In both cases you would meet the requirements of a AAAA/AAABB course. If you want a more specific answer, you should email the university in question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by greenladybird
Just as a tip, for some courses at Glasgow they basically do it on a first-come, first-served basis. So if you exceed the entry requirements and apply reasonably early - November/December there's a good chance of a place :smile:
I know someone who got an unconditional the day after she sent off her UCAS so it's never a bad idea to apply early :L

Thanks for the tip! That's definitely well worth knowing. I'm really raring to apply as it is haha!
Original post by GeschichteJunge
I think it would if your condition was AAABB, also IMO AAAAAB would be considered better than 5A as you have sat an extra higher yet achieved A grades in 5 and you also have an extra higher B which will be thought of highly IMO

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by mobbsy91
As long as you get at least those results, then you are fine. Therefore, for AAAACC you have 4A's in there and so that's fine. For AAABBC you have 3A's and 2B's and so that is also fine!

AAAAAB would be better than 5A's but it doesnt really matter if you just need 5A's!

Hope this help, and if you need any more help then please let us know!

Good luck for tomorrow!

Thanks for the help, lets hope I get that at least tomorrow :rolleyes:
Thanks for the help, lets hope I get that at least tomorrow :rolleyes:

I'm sure you will, it'll be all good - are you getting them by post or email/text?

If you are unsure about anything tomorrow then be sure to drop a post and we can assure you. Don't forget UCAS will be open from 8am I believe, and so if you don't have results by then, if it says UF or Accepted then you are also all good!

Good luck!
Best of luck for everyone getting their results tomorrow!! :biggrin:
Original post by mobbsy91
I'm sure you will, it'll be all good - are you getting them by post or email/text?

If you are unsure about anything tomorrow then be sure to drop a post and we can assure you. Don't forget UCAS will be open from 8am I believe, and so if you don't have results by then, if it says UF or Accepted then you are also all good!

Good luck!

Email/text but haven't decided if I'll stay up for the email or not yet. I'm getting my 5th year results so I haven't applied through UCAS yet but thanks
And now the nerves kick in. Just finished reading a 1300 page book (The Way of Kings) and I just want to live in that world for just a little longer haha. I can't afford to buy the second book in the series yet :frown: Now how to preoccupy myself for the rest of the day...
At times like this, I wish I drunk alcohol. Presumably, nerves would be relieved.
Original post by EatAndRevise
At times like this, I wish I drunk alcohol. Presumably, nerves would be relieved.

That's to drown the pain after you receive the exam results. And if they are good to celebrate with :awesome:
Reply 759
Does anyone remember what time the emails and texts came in last year? My brother who sat exams a few years ago said the emails were around 3-4am and the text later, good luck everyone :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending