Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eglande)
    Me three! Well done you two!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So there are 4 of us on here! Congratulations guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Yeah, we waited an extra week to be told that we have to wait more.
    (Original post by The_Top_Hat)
    It's being dragged out so much though.
    really shocked you guys are in this position. it's so mean of Cambridge to do that and I would've betted both of you to get direct offers! However, I wish you both all the best and I hope you guys get in!!! Both of you have a good chance in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aprocrastinator)
    really shocked you guys are in this position. it's so mean of Cambridge to do that and I would've betted both of you to get direct offers! However, I wish you both all the best and I hope you guys get in!!! Both of you have a good chance in my opinion.
    Thanks! I'm hoping I just get in. I don't care which college as long as it's an offer I'll be happy.
    You've done amazing to get an offer and you rightfully deserve it!

Shall I keep you updated with my application?

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of the medics that is pooled and has his 'file available for consideration by other colleges'. I noticed that there is a large proportion of St John's med applicants, which I am one, are being put on the same boat. I do hope it's not a straight rejection and hope that it's an opportunity for an open offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vodka)
    I'm one of the medics that is pooled and has his 'file available for consideration by other colleges'. I noticed that there is a large proportion of St John's med applicants, which I am one, are being put on the same boat. I do hope it's not a straight rejection and hope that it's an opportunity for an open offer!
    Yeah that is true. I think there's at least 3/4 of us from St John's on this thread who have been pooled.
    I just want an offer so bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Thanks! I'm hoping I just get in. I don't care which college as long as it's an offer I'll be happy.
    You've done amazing to get an offer and you rightfully deserve it!

Shall I keep you updated with my application?
    Exactly, any college is cambridge! Thank you so much, but you deserve it too sometimes things don't work out the way they should!

Yes!!! Saves me the embarrassment of asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Yeah that is true. I think there's at least 3/4 of us from St John's on this thread who have been pooled.
    I just want an offer so bad!
    Same!! The extended period of waiting is killing me!
    Oh and do keep us all updated on this and I will post updates on my application too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Yeah, we waited an extra week to be told that we have to wait more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aprocrastinator)
    Exactly, any college is cambridge! Thank you so much, but you deserve it too sometimes things don't work out the way they should!

Yes!!! Saves me the embarrassment of asking
    Haha it's fine.

(Original post by Vodka)
    Same!! The extended period of waiting is killing me!
    Oh and do keep us all updated on this and I will post updates on my application too
    Please do! Do you think St John's have given all of their medicine offers? Could they be waiting for certain pool interviews before making their final decision?

(Original post by The_Top_Hat)
    I'm too use to waiting now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)

Please do! Do you think St John's have given all of their medicine offers? Could they be waiting for certain pool interviews before making their final decision?

That is possible since colleges are told to allocate 20% of their places for the applicants pooled.

Colleges should reserve at least the last 20% of their places, and be prepared to look at applicants from other Colleges within their Group (or from the Winter Pool), before finalising these last offers.
    It's a bit difficult to tell what the situation is right now. I've not heard from any medics got pooled and invited for reinterviews, but I've heard a few being fished out and given a direct offer instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vodka)
    That is possible since colleges are told to allocate 20% of their places for the applicants pooled.

It's a bit difficult to tell what the situation is right now. I've not heard from any medics got pooled and invited for reinterviews, but I've heard a few being fished out and given a direct offer instead.
    Same I know some medics who've been given a direct offer from the pool
    really hoping a college picks me up from the pool!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watchthe)
    Congrats on imperial!!!! Thats fantastic!I have an interview there soon! So did you get pooled for cambridge?
    got rejected
    if you have an offer from cambridge, why taking a piss on imperial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCMed96)
    got rejected
    if you have an offer from cambridge, why taking a piss on imperial
    Hi, may I ask that did you get pooled prior to your rejection, or are you still in consideration by other colleges?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vodka)

I don't know any medics that have been pooled and then fished out.
    Maybe it is for the open offer thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCMed96)
    i got straight rejection. You satisfied?
    I am sorry to hear that and I do apologise for asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funky Fish)
    Hey guys,
    Jus go pooled by Emma , I know of one other Emma med applicant that got pooled too!
    You just got the offer? Email?
    congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer from Clare?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funky Fish)
    Hey guys,
    Jus go pooled by Emma , I know of one other Emma med applicant that got pooled too!
    Wait so did your letter say you got pooled by Emma? Or did you receive a letter saying that you were still under consideration in the pool and they will get back to you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I just wanted to say that today I received the offer to study medicine at Jesus College Cambridge. Thank you for sharing with me a bit about the college and it certainly motivated me to work for it.

If your son hasn't graduated yet, I might see him around!

Hopefully I can make the offer ><

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonesofmirkwood)
    So there are 4 of us on here! Congratulations guys
    Thanks!

weird that we make up a third of christ's medicine offers! Assuming 12 offers...(great maths skills I know aha)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.