The Uni Study Thread Mark IV Watch

jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Need to get lots of reading done today seeing as I pretty much procrastinated away yesterday
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So the holidays have begun, now this means to get some serious revision done, if only I could follow these Analysis notes or a few lines in the Vector Calculus notes, how fun!
paniking_and_not_revising
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shorttstuff)
Nah I work at build a bear workshop :rofl: if you've ever been in store you'll realise what my job entails :lol:

Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh bless! You must get mauled by the kids.
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Home now next three weeks without the bf, and I actually feel upset about this. I never miss people, somethings definitely wrong here haha.
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Spent hours revising, but it doesn't seem as if I've gotten much done.

(Original post by MathsNerd1)
So the holidays have begun, now this means to get some serious revision done, if only I could follow these Analysis notes or a few lines in the Vector Calculus notes, how fun!
Vector calc is my favourite module!
Analysis though...
:afraid:
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rayquaza17)
Spent hours revising, but it doesn't seem as if I've gotten much done.

Vector calc is my favourite module!
Analysis though...
:afraid:
I would have to agree with you, however trying to remember greens first and second identities off by heart isn't very nice, plus applications of stokes and divergence theorem aren't pleasant either. The standard calculations are all really straightforward, just the proofs are a little more technical to grasp
BeyondandAbove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW)
Is it with that girl?
Yup! I did try to phrase it in such a way that it can be interpreted as a date, but also not at the same time :P (in case I need to cover my ass)

If IE is brave enough to ask me to be my default browser, I'm brave enough to ask that girl out.
Yup. I'll just have to get tipsy for that or something. Or take something that will make me go all drowsy, evoking a similar reaction to me being tipsy :P ....bad idea..
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My coursework question is just ridiculous. Most of it is on international law and maybe 15% on international criminal law. And the module is called international criminal law which just takes the piss.

And I have no idea what I'm writing. I literally have 400 words of essay that make no sense

At least I only have one piece of coursework this semester. Although next semester I have 4 pieces lol
moonriver96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ugh 5 exams in Jan and no motivation to revise. #storyofmylife someone HELPP!!
username197472
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My ethics form got returned to me for editing. I feel like crying, well I did. My supervisor previously assured me that it would get passed. I have a million other uni things to stress out about and this is only adding to it.
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can only conclude that I am utterly fed up of uni work and really need a work free break Onto day 4 of essay reading for essay no1 and the end is not in sight.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
I can only conclude that I am utterly fed up of uni work and really need a work free break Onto day 4 of essay reading for essay no1 and the end is not in sight.
Do you do all the research first and then write or write as you go along? How many essays do you have?

I feel the same as you sometimes. There's so much uni work and I honestly am starting to not care.

I'm pretty chuffed with myself today. Got 635 words out of 3000 done. I'm hoping I can finish by next Wednesday though so I have enough time to edit. I keep freaking out that I'm getting something wrong though lol
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
Do you do all the research first and then write or write as you go along? How many essays do you have?

I feel the same as you sometimes. There's so much uni work and I honestly am starting to not care.

I'm pretty chuffed with myself today. Got 635 words out of 3000 done. I'm hoping I can finish by next Wednesday though so I have enough time to edit. I keep freaking out that I'm getting something wrong though lol
I do all the research first because I need all the information before I can decide my line of argument and determine what the most important points are to back it up! And 3 including this one
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
I do all the research first because I need all the information before I can decide my line of argument and determine what the most important points are to back it up! And 3 including this one
Ahh fair enough. I tend to just know what I'm going to argue and go from there.

oooh good luck!
DavidYorkshireFTW
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First exam on the year today, human physiology, worth 30 % and multiple choice, managed to get 25/30 on it, which is a tidy 83%!
Pretty happy, takes some stress of my summer exam, need that firstttttt

Happy holidays people :merry:
BeyondandAbove
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First exam on the year today, human physiology, worth 30 % and multiple choice, managed to get 25/30 on it, which is a tidy 83%!
Pretty happy, takes some stress of my summer exam, need that firstttttt

Happy holidays people :merry:
nice!
Had my first exam today. Was balls. So specific at times! Tomorrow will be even less fun, but after that FREEDOM.
snailsareslimy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well the last few days have been horrible...

Spoiler:
Show

Sorry for the rant but I need to get this down somewhere. If anyone has any advice, please give it, I'm very confused right now.

Basically, bit of back story, my ex ruined a lot of my self confidence and anything surrounding sex was always a bit of an issue (he never really wanted it, therefore I developed self confidence issues surrounding it). It meant when I got together with my last bf, I was always a bit worried about it. The issue was, before we were together, we slept together. Which was fine, it didn't affect me at all and then when we ended up together anyway, that got rid of the last bit of guilt I had about sleeping with someone outside of a relationship. However, since then I wanted to hold back on the sex thing and just make sure we were together for the right reasons/build up some trust so I'd feel more comfortable with it. I don't know why a drunken ONS and sex in a relationship is different for me, but it was. He knew I was a bit iffy about it, so we spoke about the whole situation a few days ago, and I explained (while crying) that there were issues surrounding it when I just needed a bit of time to deal with and then I'd be ready.

Fast forward to Monday. I go up to his house when I'm blitzed. Like, can barely walk up a road in flat shoes blitzed. As soon as I got into his room I lay down on the bed and literally couldn't move for ages because I was so drunk. Finally got my pjs on and just wanted to sleep. Then he started trying stuff on (NB: he was completely sober and hadn't been out), I was like no and tried to stop him from doing stuff, then he kept saying how "it would be fine" and everything, so I felt a bit pressured and told him ok and I went upstairs to the bathroom for like 5 minutes where I sat there like a zombie. Came back down and literally just lay there, didn't even look at him, and he asked me if I was ok and I just replied with "meh". Then (soz for the details) it happened and it was so ****ing painful because he literally just... started, I actually told him and he just continued anyway, then afterwards I lay there and didn't speak. Then suddenly he was asking if I was ok and I was just like not really, no. We spoke about it and you didn't care. Then I stopped talking to him and he left for tech and I went home.

Then that day we'd all previously arranged to go out, and he was coming. When I arrived at his I felt so uncomfortable I literally just got him to ring a taxi as soon as I got in, then when I was out with my friends I felt ok because others were there. We all went back to his and as soon as my last friend left, I started feeling really uncomfortable again. Even the sound of him sleeping and his arm on my hip was making me feel really claustrophobic, so I sat up and then ended up having a panic attack (of which he didn't notice). I texted a few of my friends but they were already asleep, so I woke him up (twice, first time he went back to sleep again), and was just like I've been hyperventilating then he was like 'oh what's wrong?' and I just told him he knew what was wrong and explained everything which I've just said, then realised I couldn't actually be with someone because I don't think I'll ever feel safe around him again. He got really upset, I had to stay there until 11am because I had nowhere else to go, and it was the most awkward morning ever...

Oh, and then later that day I found out he'd told a guy from work about the lack of sex. He told a guy who is the biggest lad I've ever met in my life. So not only did I already feel ****, I now feel incredibly embarrassed that something that is genuinely upsetting for me has been talked (and probably laughed at) about by those two...

Fabulous. So yeah, I'm single and I'm actually really glad to be out of it. It's weird though, he was actually a very good bf apart from that, although incredibly clingy and was always texting me and stuff (I love talking to people as well, but it was too much, I had to tell him to back off from the texts etc).

Meh. I ended up telling my mum all of that (which was a little awkward but she was so so cool with it, talked me through everything on the phone at 6am when I was still at his and really helped. Love her :suith:)

SO YEAH GUYS. Happy Christmas :rofl:

DavidYorkshireFTW
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by snailsareslimy)

Spoiler:
Show

Sorry for the rant but I need to get this down somewhere. If anyone has any advice, please give it, I'm very confused right now.

Basically, bit of back story, my ex ruined a lot of my self confidence and anything surrounding sex was always a bit of an issue (he never really wanted it, therefore I developed self confidence issues surrounding it). It meant when I got together with my last bf, I was always a bit worried about it. The issue was, before we were together, we slept together. Which was fine, it didn't affect me at all and then when we ended up together anyway, that got rid of the last bit of guilt I had about sleeping with someone outside of a relationship. However, since then I wanted to hold back on the sex thing and just make sure we were together for the right reasons/build up some trust so I'd feel more comfortable with it. I don't know why a drunken ONS and sex in a relationship is different for me, but it was. He knew I was a bit iffy about it, so we spoke about the whole situation a few days ago, and I explained (while crying) that there were issues surrounding it when I just needed a bit of time to deal with and then I'd be ready.

Fast forward to Monday. I go up to his house when I'm blitzed. Like, can barely walk up a road in flat shoes blitzed. As soon as I got into his room I lay down on the bed and literally couldn't move for ages because I was so drunk. Finally got my pjs on and just wanted to sleep. Then he started trying stuff on (NB: he was completely sober and hadn't been out), I was like no and tried to stop him from doing stuff, then he kept saying how "it would be fine" and everything, so I felt a bit pressured and told him ok and I went upstairs to the bathroom for like 5 minutes where I sat there like a zombie. Came back down and literally just lay there, didn't even look at him, and he asked me if I was ok and I just replied with "meh". Then (soz for the details) it happened and it was so ****ing painful because he literally just... started, I actually told him and he just continued anyway, then afterwards I lay there and didn't speak. Then suddenly he was asking if I was ok and I was just like not really, no. We spoke about it and you didn't care. Then I stopped talking to him and he left for tech and I went home.

Then that day we'd all previously arranged to go out, and he was coming. When I arrived at his I felt so uncomfortable I literally just got him to ring a taxi as soon as I got in, then when I was out with my friends I felt ok because others were there. We all went back to his and as soon as my last friend left, I started feeling really uncomfortable again. Even the sound of him sleeping and his arm on my hip was making me feel really claustrophobic, so I sat up and then ended up having a panic attack (of which he didn't notice). I texted a few of my friends but they were already asleep, so I woke him up (twice, first time he went back to sleep again), and was just like I've been hyperventilating then he was like 'oh what's wrong?' and I just told him he knew what was wrong and explained everything which I've just said, then realised I couldn't actually be with someone because I don't think I'll ever feel safe around him again. He got really upset, I had to stay there until 11am because I had nowhere else to go, and it was the most awkward morning ever...

Oh, and then later that day I found out he'd told a guy from work about the lack of sex. He told a guy who is the biggest lad I've ever met in my life. So not only did I already feel ****, I now feel incredibly embarrassed that something that is genuinely upsetting for me has been talked (and probably laughed at) about by those two...

Fabulous. So yeah, I'm single and I'm actually really glad to be out of it. It's weird though, he was actually a very good bf apart from that, although incredibly clingy and was always texting me and stuff (I love talking to people as well, but it was too much, I had to tell him to back off from the texts etc).

Meh. I ended up telling my mum all of that (which was a little awkward but she was so so cool with it, talked me through everything on the phone at 6am when I was still at his and really helped. Love her :suith:)

Spoiler:
Show
What the actual ****! If a girl doesn't want to have sex, and is drunk, then you go against her wishes, it's a bit ... I am really sorry to hear that happened, you never go straight into sex either, there's foreplay for a reason
I hope your okay, sounds like quite a bad ordeal, plenty more guys out there, that will look after you when your drunk instead of doing the aforementioned!
Merry Christmas
snailsareslimy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
What the actual ****! If a girl doesn't want to have sex, and is drunk, then you go against her wishes, it's a bit ... I am really sorry to hear that happened, you never go straight into sex either, there's foreplay for a reason
I hope your okay, sounds like quite a bad ordeal, plenty more guys out there, that will look after you when your drunk instead of doing the aforementioned!
Merry Christmas
Thank you so much, haha reading that made me cry. It'll be okay I'm sure, I'm probably just too sensitive anyway.

Thanks again :hugs: and Merry Christmas to you too
BeyondandAbove
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Spoiler:
Show

Thank you so much, haha reading that made me cry. It'll be okay I'm sure, I'm probably just too sensitive anyway.

Thanks again :hugs: and Merry Christmas to you too
Spoiler:
Show
No, I don't think you're too sensitive. I agree with David. It's very iffy if a guy does something like that. That is not respecting someone's wishes. He may have been a good bf apart from that, but what he did just ruined any kind of trust. Good you got out of it. Also yay for your mum! I hope he never used the words "put out" or similar. Hope you can enjoy your Christmas holidays! You don't have to go back to him anymore (:
I have to go see my ex to get my t-shirts back :p: I don't wanna, but I really like those shirts... so yeah. And I had this situation on Friday that just made me realise a lot of things about me again it was one of those weekends.

Yay, last exam today and then freedom at 1pm! :woo:
Spoiler:
Show
then get my heart crushed probably, but I'll be in the Hobbit film with my friends and at a Christmas dinner after with my friends and going out after with my friends, so whatevs :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.29%
No - but I will (77)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.07%

Watched Threads