Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Charlotte15)
    Catholic school and yes it has the potential for life and therefore seen as wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I mean no offense in the way I phrase this, but do not you see how it would be better to abort the potential baby and save it from having a life without love, than to keep it an force it into a world where the mother does not want it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozzin)
    I agree but I meant everyone who does that.
    I agree, I am only more annoyed when young people do it because it seems as if they're desperate to be rebellious and popular.

That's not to say anyone chain smoking or binge drinking doesn't appall me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    I mean no offense in the way I phrase this, but do not you see how it would be better to abort the potential baby and save it from having a life without love, than to keep it an force it into a world where the mother does not want it?
    Yeah, I do tbh because although that child if not aborted would live, it wouldn't really have a great childhood so maybe for the best abortion may be used. Depends on the situation I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    ...despite the fact that others have vastly bigger problems than your own?
    It's not always that simple though. I think we usually get involved in foreign conflicts etc because it will benefit us. It doesn't always help the other country and can make the situation worse in ways.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by qwertyking)
    It's not always that simple though. I think we usually get involved in foreign conflicts etc because it will benefit us. It doesn't always help the other country and can make the situation worse in ways.
    Definitely agree that foreign military intervention doesn't work, I'm not advocating that!

ReputationRep:
    We should spend 10% of the GDP bombing Isis (in style)

Mercury isnt a proper planet either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    LOL.... but if you are for bombing ISIS, you clearly don't understand geopolitics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    I wouldn't say 10%, but I still wouldn't mind bombing ISIS until they're obliterated, since many jihadi militants will never repent for their crimes against humanity, even if we gave them the chance to. What's your idea of "style"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flibber)
    I wouldn't say 10%, but I still wouldn't mind bombing ISIS until they're obliterated, since many jihadi militants will never repent for their crimes against humanity, even if we gave them the chance to. What's your idea of "style"?
    Seen from space

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    Seen from space
    I must agree with you. Would you support carpet bombing Raqqa as part of the plan?

ReputationRep:
    I must agree with you. Would you support carpet bombing Raqqa as part of the plan?
    I would say the matter of Isis differs from previous Middle Eastern enemies in that they they seek to create a viable power based on medieval barberous insanty, hence it would not just be a humanitarian campaign but one of sovereignty, seeing as their aim is a 'Islamic state', making it a war proper as oppose to diplomatic as oppose to a post modern western nosing in irrelevant semi civilisations. So yes I would have the Middle East effectively terrorised. I hear Christopher Hitchins turning in his grave

ReputationRep:
    I think we should restrict child benefit to the first 2 children.
    Obviously that would be for new applicants only, would need exceptions for unexpected twins or triplets, as well as exceptions for couples that have several kids but suddenly lose their income due to becoming unemployed. But I think we should be discouraging population growth in the UK, and child benefit would be a good place to start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asklepios)
    Homosexuality is pathological

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you're pathological

ReputationRep:
    In theory, I'd love to place those who don't do anything to society by the age of 40 (unless it's not their fault) in a desert island and hold a mini Hunger Games style event there.

In practice, that would be bull**** since how are you meant to measure a person's worth to the rest of us.

I also believe that left wing activists should shut up about Israel until they acknowledge Hamas' rocket attacks, both parties in the conflict should be blamed.

“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”

Malcolm X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    I would say the matter of Isis differs from previous Middle Eastern enemies in that they they seek to create a viable power based on medieval barberous insanty, hence it would not just be a humanitarian campaign but one of sovereignty, seeing as their aim is a 'Islamic state', making it a war proper as oppose to diplomatic as oppose to a post modern western nosing in irrelevant semi civilisations. So yes I would have the Middle East effectively terrorised. I hear Christopher Hitchins turning in his grave
    Why are you so thirsty for war? Why don't you go and fight? Pfft.. This country should be focusing on its own problems like child poverty and unemploymen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc:))
    Not even protected sex? What about protected sex within a marriage? I'm just thinking, for example, of a case where a woman is married with 2 children and can't possibly support another one, and what she would do if the pill didn't work or the condom split. Would you then say she should not 'go around having sex' with her husband because she's not ready for a child?

That's not even getting on to the subject of rape.

By the way I'm not necessarily attacking your view on abortion, just your narrow minded view on who can or can't have sex.
    Protected sex within a marriage is acceptable although, I am more concerned about woman who just go around throwing their bodies around (unmarried woman when I refer to this!!!!) and then getting pregnant and wanting to have an abortion. Thus killing the fetus inside her, a human being. I would think it is as bad as committing homicide. There are woman out there who want to badly have children but can't, whilst there are others that can an basically flush them down the loo.. I know many people will agree and disagree with me. We all have different views and opinions, and i think an abortion is wrong. Specially when that guilt will stick with you for the rest of your life. Is that worth taking? And no I am not saying who can and who cannot have sex, I am just stating that abortion is wrong, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    I believe that any woman that enjoys having promiscuous sex life,should get her tubes tied.

Then why hasnt the rest of the world adopted such welfare pratice for inmates?
    I suppose that would solve the abortion problem then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Why are you so thirsty for war? Why don't you go and fight? Pfft.. This country should be focusing on its own problems like child poverty and unemploymen
    I would agree entirely if ISIS weren't a threat to western civilisation, I suppose that's the question if they are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoebe Buffay)
    1) That measures should be taken to severely restrict the sale of cigarettes and alcohol in this country.

2) There is no 'war' on drugs.

3) We should reintroduce the death penalty.

These are 3 of mine.
    FINALLY someone who agrees there is no 'war' on drugs in the UK. People who think that (idiots like Russell Brand) need to visit the US-Mexico border as well as South American countries. The problem there is incomparable to here.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.