Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10studentlife)
    True, just narrow it down to some quotes from the beginning middle and end, better too much than not enough right?
    Definitely

ReputationRep:
    any predictions for Inspector calls and Paddy Clarke essay questions? from the looks of it absolutely no one is doing paddy Clarke here?

ReputationRep:
    any predictions for heroes and an inspector calls?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Birling or shiela

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muonfrisbee98)
    AAB predictions? I hope it's on one of the minor characters like Suzie...
    Seriously? I'd cry. How would you write a 20 mark essay on her?

ReputationRep:
    predictions for lord of flies and view from birgde !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electrahearts)
    Seriously? I'd cry. How would you write a 20 mark essay on her?
    I did a practice essay on her and scraped a 19. You just have to find really subtle features

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camward1)
    Hopefully Birling or shiela
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Lord of the flies and blood brothers and I've been told I need to know context
    are both of the questions to each book/play going to be context based

ReputationRep:
    what type of question will they ask for marco ? and how can they do it for beatrice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiee_thomas)
    I'm doing Lord of the flies and blood brothers and I've been told I need to know context
    are both of the questions to each book/play going to be context based
    Ones character q and ones theme q most of the time. Therfore I don't think but u get better mark to add some context. I'm doing the same book wanna revise together

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by maxterry)
    what type of question will they ask for marco ? and how can they do it for beatrice?
    They might just say "How is the caharacter Marco/Beatrice important to the novel as a whole".
    You don't have to reffer it to context for AVFTB anyway

ReputationRep:
    I loved the book exam last year, especially the Of Mice and Men part. Is that book not used anymore? Can't see people speaking about it.

I would love to do the Of Mice and Men part again! Good luck everyone. I think most people from my school (including me) found the second exam a lot easier, so I hope that is sort of relieving haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Paddy Clarke!
    And i have no idea about what question will come up. My teachers gave me a list of questions that were mainly theme based (i guess this makes sense since the book is only through Paddy's eyes.
    (Original post by rdj24)
    any predictions for Inspector calls and Paddy Clarke essay questions? from the looks of it absolutely no one is doing paddy Clarke here?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here do Heroes and Inspector Calls ?

ReputationRep:
    is anyone doing othello and never let me go??

ReputationRep:
    I really hope that shiela comes up because I've already got an essay prepared for her and she hasn't come up before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystic mauve)
    I really hope that shiela comes up because I've already got an essay prepared for her and she hasn't come up before.
    Same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asad_2015)
    Ones character q and ones theme q most of the time. Therfore I don't think but u get better mark to add some context. I'm doing the same book wanna revise together

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh okay thanks! im double checking with my teacher now so will let you know what she says as well. yeah sure what do you think will come up for each character and theme essay? also i've been told they are bringing back empathy questions so i really hope they don't come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiee_thomas)
    oh okay thanks! im double checking with my teacher now so will let you know what she says as well. yeah sure what do you think will come up for each character and theme essay? also i've been told they are bringing back empathy questions so i really hope they don't come up?
    what are they?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 5, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.