Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunburner)
    do you think I would have ruined my chances because I did not mention half the things I wanted to at the interview?
    I forgot to mention several things that would have helped to sell myself, and only gave standard mediocre answers instead of showing my real potential
    Cannot stop thinking abt it now
    Me too!
    Plus my 'bad cop' interviewer got up to get me some water which really threw me and then they asked me a question and my mind went blank and I froze for so long!
    Hopefully I will get a place elsewhere as it seems as though I won't be going to Glasgow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timewilltellu)
    They mentioned on Tuesday's interview that the interviews hold in Feb will be for those can't make their December interview and international student only. I could be wrong though.
    That's what I was told by them too. The vast majority of interviews are done this week, with only internationals and those with extenuating circumstances having theirs in the new year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview today and I must be the lucky one, both my panels of interviewers were the nicest people! They were very enthusiastic and seemed genuinely interested in what I was saying, straying off from the 'usual' interview questions by asking me how I had managed to get such unique work experience placements... I'm trying not to get excited but I'm honestly so happy with how it went!! Roll on the next one!!!

ReputationRep:
    both of my panels were lovely, so smiley and friendly, they really put me at ease!
    i actually started to enjoy myself when i was in there, the man on my second panel (the ethics one) was friendly, but did try and trip me up with a few questions.

ReputationRep:
    One of my interviewers was talking too quietly and I didn't understand what she was saying even after I'd asked her to repeat the question, so I just gave a random answer that probably had no relevance to the question lol oh dear

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They asked me the same question on both stations, on one of them (ethics one) I felt like I bored them and I left stuff out which they addressed. Then in the second one i spiced it up and they seemed to love it. The 1st one was somewhat like a warm up to me! Thankfully it was ethics and my ethics was correct so hopefully that will go in my favour!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st nick)
    Actually, I found the interviewers at the ethical scenario not too bad, one smiled more and seemed more friendly than the other but the other guy didn't always have a blank face. Hopefully that was becuase I gave good answers. That sounds nasty, MMI was better in that, they asked everyone pretty much the same I think and didn't follow up. I'm sure you did fine, they may have just been tired as it's the last chunk of interviews. At least your other pannel was alright!
    That's good, I'm sure you did fine on the ethical panel. All the best with the other universities you've applied to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel_roar)
    That's good, I'm sure you did fine on the ethical panel. All the best with the other universities you've applied to!
    Thanks you too

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when we should expect offers/rejections to be sent out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanab)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe they said that they send out all offers at the same time so around march since last interviews are in february

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanab)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Last year it was around end of February /early march

ReputationRep:
    If you're a UK based student and you haven't heard yet for an interview, from what I was told, that means you don't have an interview. Sorry guys.

Feb is for over seas students and people who had good reason not to make their original appointment in December.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer early February

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pennyarcade)
    I got an offer early February
    How did you feel about your interview afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmed16)
    How did you feel about your interview afterwards?
    I knew I had an offer when I walked out. Everything just went well.

But for my Aberdeen interview I knew I had ballsed up a few stations, so wasn't surprised I got rejected

ReputationRep:

But for my Aberdeen interview I knew I had ballsed up a few stations, so wasn't surprised I got rejected
    How did you balls them up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Haha, so everything you said in your Glasgow interview was pretty much perfect then?

Aw what? I've messed up a few... 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmed16)
    Haha, so everything you said in your Glasgow interview was pretty much perfect then?

Aw what? I've messed up a few... 😔
    Lol no. I said a few dumb things. The important thing is that you laugh at yourself and take the piss a bit when you know you came across as a ****.

I even left my folder at one of the stations and had to go back in to get it, I looked like a proper idiot infront of all the other people/interviewers

(Original post by Dylan_20)
    How did you balls them up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just talked crap basically. I rambled at a few stations.

I think it's pretty easy to tell if you have got an offer or not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay so iv been on all the facebook freshers groups and they all have whatsapp groups and talk about accommodation and where they will stay, what they've bought and blah blah blah. I just thought i could make a group for us lot that have no offers but want to chat anyway 😂 being a medical applicant is so hard 😂

So yeah, if you want me to create a whatsapp group chat, then message me your numbers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKhaleesi)
    Okay so iv been on all the facebook freshers groups and they all have whatsapp groups and talk about accommodation and where they will stay, what they've bought and blah blah blah. I just thought i could make a group for us lot that have no offers but want to chat anyway 😂 being a medical applicant is so hard 😂

So yeah, if you want me to create a whatsapp group chat, then message me your numbers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We didn't start thinking about any of that stuff last year until we actually got accepted. Not that I think you wont get in or anything I'm sure you will, but there's plenty of time to choose accommodation etc once you've got your offers through, no point building up your hopes for one particular uni

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 26, 2016

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.