Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim kid arrested for bringing home made clock to school watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Again why wasn't the school evacuated. If it was a suspected bomb they should have followed correct procedures instead of doing their own thing
    While I don't agree on your over-heroifying of the boy, this is a good point. If he has a bomb...then more action should've been taken than just, *deep authoritarian voice* "give me that, son. And come with me." There should've been armed soldiers jumping out of helicopters and white people running left and right with their heads on fire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet n Sour)
    While I don't agree on your over-heroifying of the boy, this is a good point. If he has a bomb...then more action should've been taken than just, *deep authoritarian voice* "give me that, son. And come with me." There should've been armed soldiers jumping out of helicopters and white people running left and right with their heads on fire.
    Because they never thought it was a bomb. That was why he was being charged with making a hoax bomb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Because they never thought it was a bomb. That was why he was being charged with making a hoax bomb.
    Please don't twist words. The first news of this said they thought he had an actual bomb. It became "hoax bomb" in recent days...

when they realised it wasn't a bomb.

He was never charged for having a hoax bomb. They legit thought it was a bomb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenixsilver)
    The whole scare mistake thing is justifiable considering it may have looked suspicious.

However it is abhorrent that the school is still suspending him after finding out he is innocent and it was simply a clock!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes anyone who has seen a picture of the clock would probably think it was most likely a bomb after first seeing the picture.

I assume he has been suspended because of his bad behaviour the teacher asked for it and said no if the student had given it to the teacher and explained it all to them then the Police wouldn't have had to come and arrest him.I would say that the Police really could charge him for wasting Police time as his disobedient actions lead to their time being wasted.

The boy should have obeyed the teacher, you should always obey your teacher unless it is something absolutely ridiculous and illegal(like if the teacher asked them to perform sex or something) and the boy didn't so he should be punished and the clock being in the classroom wasn't authorised by the teacher to be in the classroom the boy should have been focusing on the class he was doing instead of bringing in a clock.

ReputationRep:
    Please don't twist words. The first news of this said they thought he had an actual bomb. It became "hoax bomb" in recent days...

More information about the case was released as time went on. That is how all these news reports work. They take what little information they have then try and fill in what they assume to be the blanks.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Tee...328129461.html

"Teen arrested for hoax bomb"

I'm not twisting any words, in fact how about you hear them from Ahmed.

So yes has was being charged for making a hoax bomb.

ReputationRep:

Exactly my point

ReputationRep:
    The clock wasn't even the aspiring bomb makers' own creation. He just dismantled a clock, put all the parts in a pencil box and claimed it was his own.

http://blogs.artvoice.com/techvoice/...and-ourselves/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So yes has was being charged for making a hoax bomb.
    What exactly is a "hoax bomb"?

A PCB with wires soldered onto it and a digital display? What if I take the housing off say, my toaster and walk with it down the street, is that a "hoax bomb"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoomCha!)
    The clock wasn't even the aspiring bomb makers' own creation. He just dismantled a clock, put all the parts in a pencil box and claimed it was his own.

http://blogs.artvoice.com/techvoice/...and-ourselves/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    quite dangerous really when you see it has unprotected mains supply.

One of his teachers needs to have a word with him

ReputationRep:
    Exactly my point
    do you believe everything the news tells you

ReputationRep:
    Social media says #IStandWithAhmed after the schoolboy was arrested for bringing homemade clock to school

Apparently the clock was mistaken for a bomb. This is just disgusting.
    Islamophobia worsening every day.Arresting a 14-year-old Muslim boy who under any other name would be considered a genius.#IStandWithAhmed
    Its dd because it makes you think, did they truly believe it was a bomb? They didnt call the bomb squad the rang the police, ahmed and the 'bomb' remained in the office until the police came, the 'bomb' then went with the police IN THE POLICE CAR, they didnt evacuate the school like they woul have had there been a bomb... Just makes you think.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Errm42)

A PCB with wires soldered onto it and a digital display? What if I take the housing off say, my toaster and walk with it down the street, is that a "hoax bomb"?
    It depends on perceived intent. If you walked down the street in a Jewish neighbourhood or stood in a shopping centre and started chanting 'Allahu akbar' whilst holding it, then yes, people will almost certainly think you are wired up as a suicide bomber.

When you get arrested after the armed police have disabled you and it's found to be nothing more than a toaster, you would most likely be charged with making and carrying a hoax bomb.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    And did the kid go to a Jewish school and chant?
    No. He went to school (a public place) carrying something that some people perceived looked like a potential bomb.

The numerous terrorist attacks of the last few years have programmed people to be very wary of anything remotely suspicious.

The media have whipped up a frenzy and the lefties have jumped on the PC bandwagon with a certain element of the 'victim' mentality Muslim community shouting racism.

Storm in a teacup.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly my point

Like i said before these right wingers dont care about facts its about fuelling hatred. This kid got arrested for making a clock and dylan roof after killing i think 8 people got given a burger when he was arrested. Thats the justice system in america. If you are muslim or black anything you do is considerd a potential crime but if you are white its mental issuses and lone wolfs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasan6091)
    Like i said before these right wingers dont care about facts its about fuelling hatred. This kid got arrested for making a clock and dylan roof after killing i think 8 people got given a burger when he was arrested. Thats the justice system in america. If you are muslim or black anything you do is considerd a potential crime but if you are white its mental issuses and lone wolfs
    dyan roof will spend rest of his life in a cell, probably before being executed, i doubt that is the fate for this muslim boy ( unless he joins an islamist groups that i)

in both cases its either white supremacist ideology or islamic ideology that fuels hatred

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    You do know Islam isn't the only religion to be used in the name of terrorism?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it is by far the main one, thats not even debateable

ReputationRep:

I don't answer dupes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    No. He went to school (a public place) carrying something that some people perceived looked like a potential bomb.

The numerous terrorist attacks of the last few years have programmed people to be very wary of anything remotely suspicious.

The media have whipped up a frenzy and the lefties have jumped on the PC bandwagon with a certain element of the 'victim' mentality Muslim community shouting racism.

Storm in a teacup.
    So it wasn't a bomb and it wasn't a hoax bomb...

ReputationRep:
    I don't answer dupes.
    Okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed)
    dyan roof will spend rest of his life in a cell, probably before being executed, i doubt that is the fate for this muslim boy ( unless he joins an islamist groups that i)

in both cases its either white supremacist ideology or islamic ideology that fuels hatred
    This is not about justice being served this is about a seperate bill of rights for muslims and blacks and whites and christians in america. Imagine it wasnt dylan roof imagine it was a muslim that killed people in a church and got given a burger when he got arrested imagine the reaction then.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.