Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    my application was sent off by my college today and I had an acknowledgment from reading within the hour, I applied for psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazza97)
    Sent my application on 23/10 for Economics.
    Received an offer from UEA in 4 days, Kent yesterday and Surrey today.

Still waiting on Birmingham and Loughborough, although Birmingham emailed me earlier today saying that my application has been referred to the admissions tutor for further consideration so reckon I'll get a rejection from them.
    Don't think negative, you might get an offer!!! I'm applying to uni of birmingham too, they are so slow!

ReputationRep:
    Internal conditional offer for BSc Adult Nursing at Plymouth University for the Feb 2016 intake 😊

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine off for Mechanical Engineering 2 weeks ago and already got 5 offers!!

3 are straight up offers - Sheffield, Southampton, Leicester.

2 are invites to applicant days that will result in offers, the informal interviews only determine how favourably they look on me if I don't get the results!These two unis are Leeds and Newcastle.

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Applied on the 13th October

Received:

Birmingham - 20th
    King's - 20th
    Warwick - 21st
    Queen Mary - 22nd
    Manchester - Received my interview 5th Nov

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperandpencil)
    queen mary and reading were pretty quick
    Really? I'm waiting to hear back from QM sent my UCAS off a while ago. Although to be fair I'm applying to do a foundation year

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Engineering, 12th Oct

Leeds - Offer on 28th Oct

Manchester - Offer on 28th Oct

Imperial College London - on Nov 4th, was sent an invitation to an interview that takes place on the 25th

Oxford - admissions teeesssttttsss .__.

Durham - they've informed applicants that they're waiting until later, to give late applicants a fair chance.

ReputationRep:
    I applied at the end of September and I've had offers from York, Leeds, Sheffield and Exeter in that order! Just waiting to hear if I have an Oxford interview 😯

ReputationRep:
    Application went off on the early deadline and I received an offer from Leeds on the 23rd, Bristol on the 3rd of November and Bath on the 4th. Waiting on Exeter and to see if I have an Oxford interview (for biological sciences)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoanaFelicio)
    I applied for Modern Languages (Spanish and German) on September 15th.
    Received a conditional offer from Royal Holloway last friday, UCL and King's this week and an invitation for an interview at Cambridge (Newnham) today, and I'm still waiting for Queen Mary, although it's been almost 4 weeks since they acknowledged my application.
    The waiting is torturous, but I'm glad that I got an offer from UCL, since it's my second choice, right next to Cambridge.

Good luck to everyone else!
    Hi! I'm an international student from Singapore, also applying for Modern Languages (German and Spanish ab initio) at Cambridge. All the schools I'm applying for are for deferred entry in 2017 as I have to serve my two years of compulsory National Service here after taking my A Levels.

Applied to 3 schools (UCL,KCL, Cambridge) on 9th September.
    Received unconditional offers from KCL (European Studies-German Pathway) on 21st October, UCL (German and Norwegian) on Wednesday.
    I'm still waiting for my invitation for interview at Cambridge (Trinity).

ReputationRep:
    I applied to various history programs as an American student - Submitted my application on October 11th.

University of York - History - Received an uncond. offer on October 22nd.
    Durham University - Ancient, Medieval, and Modern History - Received an uncond. offer on October 30th.
    Durham University - History - Received an uncond. offer on November 2nd.

York was really quick about sending me an offer, and I know they've been sending out offers for a while now.
    Durham I'm pretty sure is because I'm an international student and I already have my test scores.
    Just waiting to hear back from Oxford and Exeter now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spoderman14)
    Pretty sure Durham won't be finished giving theirs out until February, not many people seem to have got them yet.
    Got mine for Biological Sciences two days ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reader106)
    Coventry and Aston don't even do acknowledgement emails so I'm pretty much left in the dark.
    Coventry sent me an acknowledgement email about 20 minutes after my application got sent off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KikiB17)
    Royal Holloway run an Academic Excellence scheme, I'm not quite sure what your grades have to be like to be considered for it but that's how I got an unconditional from them (I have to firm them for it to be unconditional though).
    Whats your predicted grades and AS grades and course ?

ReputationRep:
    Got offers from Liverpool and Exeter

Just waiting on Oxford, St. Andrews and Durham...

ReputationRep:
    Studying management and already got offers from Liverpool, Manchester, York and Nottingham but just waiting on Brighton. The Russell groups seem to be pretty quick for everyone I know

ReputationRep:
    my friend got offers for Manchester and Huddersfield in 3 days...really want my reference send off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanchiacook)
    Coventry sent me an acknowledgement email about 20 minutes after my application got sent off!
    Really? No one I know who has applied to Cov got an an acknowledgement email. what did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    derby gave me an offer on the 16th of october, i'd sent it off two days previous, bangor is taking its time though

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview/post application open day for the uni of Leeds, still waiting on Durham, Edinburgh and 2 courses at Oxford brookes.
    I've applied for sports science need AAB probably for my top choices.

I wasn't expecting to have an interview for my course and I am wondering if anyone has had one for this subject before? I know Leeds is very sciency in comparison to Durham and oxford brookes.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.