Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I see it now. Phew, better start preparing for the GAMSAT again in March.

(Original post by 10LFC10)
    it is on track where it says about the sections. its devestating isnt it

ReputationRep:
    thank you! yes all gamsat as the english section of ukcat means i wouldnt reach cut offs for GEM, and section 1 of the GAMSAT is the same. it just aggrivates me that years of hard work and A/A*'s counts for nothing and 1 poor exam determines everything

but that is just me being all miserable now haha.

all the best to yourself!
    Thank you!

I know the feeling.

I used to think the UKCAT was ***** but boy was I in for a shock when I sat the GAMSAT. Who even came up with these unusual admissions tests -__-

But what's done is done, upwards & onwards. I'd advise you that IF things don't go to plan, then consider sitting the MARCH GAMSAT.

Take CARE!

ReputationRep:
    Are people still recieving these emails now or are they all time stamped from around 6pm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys get the Track stuff around 5.31/6pm ish? I just read the letter that came through with the Track notification.. I'm ringing them first thing in the morning to get some kind of answer, I sincerely hope it's a **** up on their behalf since that would be really out of order otherwise!

I won't be giving up hope though, there's always March to nail this exam! Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    mine was 18:07
    this is really weird

ReputationRep:
    how was your prep going and practice tests? ill be gutted if mine actually is below 50 because that doesnt reflect my preparation
    Same. I did approx 6 months altogether with 2 and a half months of solid 10-12hours a day.. I did all the prac tests and really thought i'd grasped the exam until the actual thing was really different from the practice material.. I don't have a science background either.. How did your prep go?

ReputationRep:
    So sorry to hear about anyone who's been rejected, sincerely hope it's a ****-up.

Is it only SGUL that's appearing as unsuccessful out of all the GAMSAT choices? Didn't apply to SGUL, only Notts and Swansea, and haven't received an email about any updates?

ReputationRep:
    same really. I even went on a course which we did a mock and i got 58 (i was over the moon as that qualified me for liverpool ) but i completely agree about the exam being different and it was a sham at the liverpool setting too.
    Man that sucks! That's such a good score on the mock though, I really hope this is a tech fault so that can be a reality!

ReputationRep:
    ive applied to those too and heard nothing. its purely that st georges have said about not meeting 50 in all sections...if it was just a rejection on not meeting the cut off i wouldnt be freaking out so much. because otherwise it rules out the others too
    Urgh, that's such a shame dude, really best of luck if you have any other non-GAMSAT choices; if not, best of luck with any future applications.

Absolutely bricking it now, results must be imminent!!

Don't think I can sleep properly tonight...anticipating my GAMSAT results:/

ReputationRep:
    I just hope they release the results very soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's genuine. So mean!!

Good luck everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    So they've just rejected people and not sent results out. WTF. What a horrible way to find out

ReputationRep:
    Struggling to process this without seeing my results :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, I rang ACER and they said we'all get an email telling us the release date. So unhelpful!!

ReputationRep:
    Me too I have to accept that it's over for me this year. I only applied to one UKCAT university (Warwick) and I know that my score wasn't good enough. Sucks to think I'll be sitting here this time next year, still hopeful but unsure.

Struggling to process this without seeing my results :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps ACER told the schools that they were going to release the results yesterday and then they didn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Been so miserable today

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Commiserations about the result.

Just wondering, do you know if they sent that email to everyone that got below 50 on sections already? I haven't got one but I'm afraid they're still sending more out maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh guys, I'm so sorry. That is so upsetting! Hopefully results will be released by the end of this week (clearly SOMEONE has them!)- and remember that GAMSAT results have always been released by 7am- so if you haven't heard by then, try not to go about your life constantly refreshing emails. Does anyone know how soon after GAMSAT results come out people start getting interviews? Fingers crossed for you all x

ReputationRep:
    is it only SGUL that have sent emails out???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondyn)
    is it only SGUL that have sent emails out???
    Seems like it so far. I've applied to SGUL, Notts and Swansea and have had nothing about GAMSAT from any of them yet.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.