Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    serious football discussion died long ago on "big club" threads. accept that.
    Just because you get thrown in a pit with hyenas doesn't mean you should also become a stupid animal.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal won't win the league until they really want to.

Wenger, the board, the players and even the fans would be content to finish third or second. That's not good enough, you should be aspiring to win the league this season. So I have to agree that saying: "we're still 2 points off the leaders" when you should be top of the league is counter-productive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    So is this your reply every time you get snuffed out for having zero football knowledge and know your argument has got stuck in the mud?

Step 1 - tag your boyfriends to show them how much of a nob you are.
    Step 2 - Immediately use one of the following terms to show how internet savvy you are: fishing, salty or some other nonsense.

Or for added bonus to show you're ten feet tall, attach a picture of a man fishing because, you know, you're so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: forgot to add use a hashtag to show that you're also used to spreading your stupidity to other social media sites!!!!!
    It's my standard reply to a pillock taking the standard bit of ctrl+c ctrl+v wumming.

Luis would be proud though m8

Oi Lucio lucio.is.btchboy Rk2k14, this geezer's calling you nobs.

#salty

Biggest meltdown since this thread last saturday against West Brom. You never fail to entertain.

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Just because you get thrown in a pit with hyenas doesn't mean you should also become a stupid animal.
    Reported for being hyenaist.

ReputationRep:
    It seems that to win the league you need three things: top players, top management and top teamwork. Although that said, city's 2012 title bid was almost lost due to not having the third one

ReputationRep:
    next match we could be without four of our regular starters. I doubt anyone is fazed by

Cech
    Bellerin Mertesacker Gabriel Monreal
    Flamini Cazorla
    Ramsey Ozil Ox
    Giroud

(Yes Walcott's probably back but then again he won't start, and when he does get on the pitch, a good team will already be 5-0 up)
    Yes because Walcott being on the pitch is the difference between us being 5-0 down and 0-0... Wise up pal, genuinely think you're a troll tbh. Doesn't matter either way as our next fixture is pretty easy so what a good team would do against that side is irrelevant.

(Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    I don't understand why people wanting Wenger out makes you so angry. It's not as if it's a reactionary thing either, I've wanted Wenger out for a long time.
    I completely respect that some of our fanbase want him out, and I'm in between on the matter because it really is a case of same **** different season and it is very frustrating. However, there's a time and a place, and we certainly aren't going to be sacking our manager when we're 2 points from top with 24 games to go and still in the cl. And if you genuinely think it'd be a good thing to sack a manager of 20 years in that situation then I seriously worry about the current state of football that makes that a feasible opinion. So what's the point in saying Wenger out? All it does is breed negativity and division which simply isn't needed.

ReputationRep:
    It seems that to win the league you need three things: top players, top management and top teamwork. Although that said, city's 2012 title bid was almost lost due to not having the third one
    Top medical staff would be nice too...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Yes because Walcott being on the pitch is the difference between us being 5-0 down and 0-0... Wise up pal, genuinely think you're a troll tbh. Doesn't matter either way as our next fixture is pretty easy so what a good team would do against that side is irrelevant.

I completely respect that some of our fanbase want him out, and I'm in between on the matter because it really is a case of same **** different season and it is very frustrating. However, there's a time and a place, and we certainly aren't going to be sacking our manager when we're 2 points from top with 24 games to go and still in the cl. And if you genuinely think it'd be a good thing to sack a manager of 20 years in that situation then I seriously worry about the current state of football that makes that a feasible opinion. So what's the point in saying Wenger out? All it does is breed negativity and division which simply isn't needed.
    PRSOM mayyn

ReputationRep:
    Bit nervous for sunderland next weekend at home. Big Sam, as much as I dislike him as a human, is a very good manager with **** sides like sunderland. Expecting a scrappy 0-0 and boo's at the final wistle but let's hope ozil keeps his form up and Walcott comes on with 30 to go and tears them apart

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal should be competing for PL and CL I don't care what anyone says we have too many defeatist fans and bandwagon fans.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Injuries, injuries, injuries. It's almost as if Wenger should have bought some outfield players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    It's almost as if Wenger should have bought some outfield players.
    Wenger? That's outrageous!!

(Original post by iamthetruth)
    Arsenal should be competing for PL and CL I don't care what anyone says we have too many defeatist fans and bandwagon fans.
    Agreed. But it is what it is these days.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Get ready for Thursday nights in war torn countries lads

ReputationRep:
    Bit nervous for sunderland next weekend at home. Big Sam, as much as I dislike him as a human, is a very good manager with **** sides like sunderland. Expecting a scrappy 0-0 and boo's at the final wistle but let's hope ozil keeps his form up and Walcott comes on with 30 to go and tears them apart
    Sam's the kind of manager that you don't like for some reason but you can't deny his quality.

He's never been a top club manager but mid-tabled for sure. Honestly I feel like Sunderland are a little below him but he'll keep them up for sure.
    He was treated harshly at West Ham, especially when fans were moaning about boring football even when they were winning.

All in all, he isn't a very likeable guy but he knows what he's doing. He set-up really well to beat Palace so your next game could be a bigger test than you think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Arsenal won't win the league until they really want to.

Wenger, the board, the players and even the fans would be content to finish third or second. That's not good enough, you should be aspiring to win the league this season. So I have to agree that saying: "we're still 2 points off the leaders" when you should be top of the league is counter-productive
    this really.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who is Wenger in needs a lobotomy.

Leinad shut up, you're going to be the first guy in May who'll backtrack and criticise others for not wanting Wenger out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Leinad shut up, you're going to be the first guy in May who'll backtrack and criticise others for not wanting Wenger out.
    Nah, it's always the same. AKBs will bang on about net spend and wage budget if/when we don't win the title and we'll hear the standard 'if we make a couple of quality signings and stay fit, next season will be our season'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Sam's the kind of manager that you don't like for some reason but you can't deny his quality.

He's never been a top club manager but mid-tabled for sure. Honestly I feel like Sunderland are a little below him but he'll keep them up for sure.
    He was treated harshly at West Ham, especially when fans were moaning about boring football even when they were winning.

All in all, he isn't a very likeable guy but he knows what he's doing. He set-up really well to beat Palace so your next game could be a bigger test than you think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree top manager but has an air of arrogance that you can't quite put your finger on, but is really annoying. Very big test for us, really excited to see how it goes

(Original post by AR_95)

Sounds like you've completely missed the point mate. I'm very much in between on the matter but kicking up a fuss in the position we're in is ridiculous stupid and you know it, who sacks their manager when they're 2 points from top and not been knocked out of any major competitions (well unless you're suddenly going to count the league cup)? Not any team I want to support.

If it becomes apparent later in the season that we're not up to task and he's not signed anyone in Jan I'll happily say that I think it's time for him to go but I certainly won't criticise those who didn't want him out. To do so now is completely counterproductive and only a really dim person wouldn't be able to see that.

Also wanna back up that fact that "I'll be the first to back track" with proof of when I've done it in the past? I can take unfounded character assassination from someone like shed because he does it to everyone but coming from someone who I respect like you it's pretty ****ing disappointing tbf.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Apart from Joel Campbell, every other first-team outfield Arsenal player has been injured so far in 2015.

What a stat.

ReputationRep:

Sounds like you've completely missed the point mate. I'm very much in between on the matter but kicking up a fuss in the position we're in is ridiculous stupid and you know it, who sacks their manager when they're 2 points from top and not been knocked out of any major competitions (well unless you're suddenly going to count the league cup)? Not any team I want to support..
    I don't think anybody saying "wenger out" really means they want him out right now. That would obviously be ridiculous.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.