The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vannzzoo
I did the objective line right at first but then I thought it was wrong then changed it, but I didn't cross it out, I also did 2 sets of calculations for the vertex, will they accept the one with the most amount of marks??

Yes, it's positive marking so they have to take the highest of non crossed out stuff.
What were you supposed to do with the extra time in the critical path analysis?
Also does anyone think you'd get some marks for just having the critical activities and a few of them in the second schedule chart for that question?
How many dummies did you use for 2nd Q?
People are saying they got 50 for the via J for D's algorithm, I think I got 49
Original post by Artmanlikesart
What were you supposed to do with the extra time in the critical path analysis?
Also does anyone think you'd get some marks for just having the critical activities and a few of them in the second schedule chart for that question?

Normally, you would get 1 mark for scheduling the critical activities.
Original post by Person18
People are saying they got 50 for the via J for D's algorithm, I think I got 49

Original post by Pablo Picasso

3 (I thought it said that on the question)

It said to use three so I did!

I got 48 for the shortest time possible, but via J was 49 right?
Original post by SeanFM
Personally I would report someone like that for being a *******.

Agreed. Doesn't help that he's my mate though. My teacher is even aware of it and ORGANISED it for him. probably to make him look better.

Correct
Original post by Person18
3 (I thought it said that on the question)

**** didnt see that, used 3 anywY. Did they also ask why the dummies were needed
Correct

Absolutely splendid.
For the scheduling, did all the non-critical activities have 6 days worth more float?
Reply 754
when the model answers come would anybody be so kind to put them up.
was expecting around 95%+ in D1, to give leeway for C3 and C4... but lol nowhere near that, so annoyed. Eedexcel have screwed me over in Bio and Maths :frown: can't be asked for more abuse next week...
Reply 755
I thought the budget was £250 not £520, so did the graph with the inequality as if it were £250 and the feasible region and the vertex and the optimum amount.... How many marks will I get as my method was correct just with the wrong budget
Reply 756

that's what I got
Overall I thought the paper was ok-hard. Most questions were reasonable, but there were a lot of drawing questions - drawing a critical path thing, Gantt, scheduling and graph is quite a lot for 1 paper. Agree about the difficulties with time, I just managed to finish, but I didn't check things like Prim's or route inspection, where it's so easy to make a mistake!

Also thought the question about the project being allowed to be delayed until day 36 = ??? I haven't seen a question like that before and was just rushing it towards the end!
Reply 758

yh thats right!!!
The paper was standard, if not easier than average, but the No. of questions is a real challenge, the majority of mark lost by average student will be related with the lack of time rather than the difficulity. (Well tbh the Q3-4 student percentile will do bad regardless of the timing)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending